Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 02-07-2007, 03:42 PM   #1  
Polyshrink Goddess

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default binder storage of unmounteds?

Okay, I've got a new, albeit smaller, stamp space. I'm thinking of going all-unmounted, and I'm debating storage options. For those who store stamps in binders, what size binders do you use (3-inch thick?), and about how many stamp sets can they hold? I just don't want to end up with five binders.

Thanks in advance for your feedback!
Amy
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-07-2007, 04:34 PM   #2  
Polyshrink Goddess

Anyone?
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-07-2007, 04:55 PM   #3  
Die Cut Diva

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

How many stamp sets do you have? I think you could maybe have two (or three) stamp sets on one side of each page. I have a three inch binder with maybe six pages with stamps on both sides of each page. (This gets pretty bulky.) I actually use my binder for storing non-set stamps of like images (like dogs, bears, etc.). For me, it is much easier to use CD cases. Flipping through pages of the binder just isn't as handy.

Kimberly
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-07-2007, 05:50 PM   #4  
Splitcoast Artist in Residence
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen Alumni
Mix-Ability Challenge Hostess

Received 1,129 Likes on 508 Posts

I have 3 3-inch binders - I put my stamps on double stick foam and put them on heavy-duty page protectors, and there are 13-14 'pages' in each binder.
Vincent Van Gogh

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-07-2007, 06:29 PM   #5  
Polyshrink Goddess

Quote:

Originally Posted by dini
I have 3 3-inch binders - I put my stamps on double stick foam and put them on heavy-duty page protectors, and there are 13-14 'pages' in each binder.
hmmm... this sounds promising.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-07-2007, 06:32 PM   #6  
Matboard Maniac

I store mine in the (now-retired) CM Accessory Binder using the Block Sticker Protectors. Each page holds 8 stamp sets. I have about 48 stamp sets in one binder.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-07-2007, 06:37 PM   #7  
Stazon Splitcoast

I just always had a problem with pages sagging when I stored um's in a binder. This was several years ago; it's possible somebody's invented a better type of binder though. I like the idea of cd cases, myself. Maybe get really ambitious (yeah, right!) and stamp a catalog of all my stamps that could be in a binder.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-07-2007, 07:20 PM   #8  
Stampin' Fool

Most of my stamps I've unmounted (with the exception of very big BG stamps) or they were UMs to begin with. I have them in 3" binders, 20 pages in each. I don't have them stored by set - I prefer having all my themes (flowers, sea, trees, people, Christmas, words, etc.) together. I stamp each image onto an A4 sheet of white paper and write the Co. name under each one (and the set it is from if it's SU) then file the stamped page in the front of the clear sleeve and store the corresponding stamp (with doublestick non-permanent tape) on the inside of the back of the page/sleeve. I find I can fit more different sizes of stamps onto a sheet this way too, e.g. small images into spaces between bigger ones where they'll fit OK. Make sense? I find the pages do sag if the binders are filed upright, but I prefer to keep mine flat on a shelf above my desk for easy access anyway. It has it's disadvantages I know, but for me the selling point of this storage system was the space saving and ease of finding images at a glance on each page, rather than rummaging through drawers of wood blocks and never having the patience to put a stamp back in the right drawer in the right space after each use! I'm sure I'm not alone here ...! LOL
Happy Fan Club member.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-07-2007, 07:46 PM   #9  
Kookie Creator

One thing to consider is that they sell heavy dute panels with ez mount foam on them to store the blocks. If you are storing your blocks in the binder, they take a considerable amount of space, as in an inch per page.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-08-2007, 03:24 PM   #10  
Mad Swapper

I know that I have a few binders that are full of unmounted stamps. I can honestly say that they are probably dusty from lack of use. I think that some day I might put them in CD cases. I just never use them and really dont think about them.

You think I would of learned from my 14 year old who put her's in CD cases last year...

If I get off my duff I think that CD cases would probably be the way to go.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-08-2007, 03:36 PM   #11  
Watercolor Wizard

I am just getting into some ummounted sets here. But I tell you with my QUICKUTZ dies I use a zippered 8x11 inch binder I get from Walmart. Of course my QK dies are in plastic sheets (like film slide protectors). Keeps me from losing any if I take the dies with me. I planned on doing the same type of binder storage system for my unmounted sets.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-08-2007, 09:49 PM   #12  
Insane Embellisher

binder thread link

I have a thread about clear stamp storage in binders with some links to pictures. I bought some CD holder storage things for binders at Office Depot - anyways the majority of CTMH sets fit in these, the ones that don't, fit in pencil holders. I know it's clear storage, which is thinner than rubber/foam mounted, but I love flipping through all the images in a binder. I had a 3" binder and it holds about 12 CD holders/pencil cases - the CD holders each hold 4 stamp sets, and the pencil cases can hold 2-4 each, so that is about 48 sets in one binder.

I like it. I like my wood stamps and would have a hard time going unmounted with them all. :-)

Vicki

Remember no time is ever wasted that makes people better friends...so we aren't all wasting our time here on SCS. :-)
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 02-08-2007, 10:35 PM   #13  
Stazon Splitcoast

Received 20 Likes on 20 Posts
Default 20 pages per binder and.......

....usually 2 or 3 sets per page. That makes 40 to 60 sets in a 3" binder. I start with a page protector. Inside that I put a sheet of paper with the stamped images. In front of the stamped sheet I put a piece of heavier plastic with the rubber "semi" attached -- (depends on whether the rubber has any glue on the back).

Since I have hundreds (maybe thousands) of stamps, I now have several 3-ring binders for different purposes. One is all flowers; one for Christmas; one for animals, birds and bug; others are alphabetized. Hint: the 4" binders get rather heavy when completely filled.

One picture below shows two SU stamp sets in the page protector. The other photos are from my index notebook -- the one I look in when I can't remember where the heck I put that set!!!
Attached Thumbnails
binder storage of unmounteds?-rubber.jpg   binder storage of unmounteds?-page-18.jpg   binder storage of unmounteds?-birthday-page.jpg  
John 3:16
Reply With Quote Likes