Splitcoaststampers

Splitcoaststampers (https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/)
-   General Stamping Talk (https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/general-stamping-talk-17/)
-   -   Embossing Buddy Pros and Cons (https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/general-stamping-talk-17/embossing-buddy-pros-cons-65239/)

Laura Duet 07-01-2005 06:58 AM

Embossing Buddy Pros and Cons

Would you share your experience with the embossing buddy? I am trying to evaluate whether or not I should buy it. Most of the time my embossed images turn out all right, but there are those times when I can't get rid of some extra ink marks, etc. THANK YOU!

jenny4wheel 07-01-2005 07:16 AM

The EB works by reducing static on your surface to prevent excess EP from sticking. If you have extra ink marks the EB will not prevent the EP from sticking to it. If you're happy with your embossing now I wouldn't invest in it. I have one and love it. I'm pretty picky about my embossing and just want EP where I put it. I know some ladies use a dryer sheet (which has been through the dryer with clothes) to reduce static and have had good luck. If you use a brand new dryer sheet it can leave a residue on your surface.

Granny Hawkins 07-01-2005 07:18 AM

I have forgotten to use mine once or twice and I can really tell the difference. I really like to use it.

Cat 07-01-2005 08:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jenny4wheel
I know some ladies use a dryer sheet (which has been through the dryer with clothes) to reduce static and have had good luck. If you use a brand new dryer sheet it can leave a residue on your surface.

Now I know why the dryer sheet trick never worked for me! [blushing] Thx

lindylou1220 07-01-2005 08:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Granny Hawkins
I have forgotten to use mine once or twice and I can really tell the difference. I really like to use it.

Ditto!

mschoener 07-01-2005 09:33 AM

I'm half and half. I have one and mostly use it, but even sometimes when I use it I get extra spots. I have bad eyes, so it's sometimes hard to see if there is extra EP on the paper so I can brush it away. I do keep small paintbrushes close by so I can clean the paper before heating.

cathy maxwell 07-01-2005 09:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cat

Me, too!!

Laura Duet 07-01-2005 10:02 AM

clarification

Do you use the embossing buddy on the paper before you stamp the image? I think this is an obvious answer, but I am not sure!

I did not state my problem correctly in my original post, it is not stray ink I have a problem with, but stray EP in places around the image.

thanks!

tavah316 07-01-2005 11:14 AM

Yes, you rub the EB over the entire surface, then stamp, then apply powder, shake off excess and heat. It works pretty well. Sometimes it leaves a powdery residue on dark cardstock, but you can usually just brush this off. I also forget to use it sometimes and I get very annoyed at myself! It is good at what it does when you remember to use it!!! :)

jenny4wheel 07-01-2005 11:15 AM

Rub the EB on your paper before you stamp then pour on the EP and heat. As mschhoener said using a paintbrush to flick off the stray specs can be handy. I also flick the back of my cs after dumping off the excess EP to encourage the extra to come off. HTH

CLYDEGIRL 07-01-2005 03:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cat

Me three **blushing madly** :-)