Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 09-16-2006, 04:52 AM   #1  
Gabfest Goddess

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Ebay/Paypal frustration!!

Hi,

Boy, it's nice to know that you can get what you pay for at Ebay/Paypal (not). I purchased an SU set on Ebay, which came with five bonus inspiration sheets. I log on this morning and see a note from the seller. She said, "OOPS" ... she accidentally listed the set twice and someone else is getting it so I'm out of luck (I have no idea how you list twice, considering she only had like 10 items for sale to begin with, but I'm sure it's possible). I had paid via Paypal credit card and she reversed it. She did "offer" to SELL me inspiration sheets that I'd want!!!! Oh my gosh. So I went to file with Paypal and they said I was out of luck since she had reversed the charge already. That just does not seem right that someone can list something, not deliver and there's no recourse. What's to stop someone from doing that repeatedly? I have never left bad or neutral feedback because I have a perfect rating and am afraid of retaliation. Accidents do happen, I know that, but she should make some sort of a "peace offering" to do the right thing.

Any opinions?

Cindy
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-16-2006, 04:56 AM   #2  
Stazon Splitcoast

As a frequent ebay lister I know that mistakes happen. I recently listed several items and forgot to change the title on one .... so the item title was wrong and the description was correct. Luckily the lady that bid on it understood and still wanted the item. Either way accidents do happen. Prehaps she just made a mistake?

Be Yourself ~ Everyone else is taken ;)
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-16-2006, 04:57 AM   #3  
Hardware Hotshot

At least she acknowledged the fact that she messed up and reversed the charge. She is not obligated to do anything more, although it would be nice if she sent you the inspiration sheets free of charge. After all, how much do they really cost?!

I would leave Neutral feedback ... saying something like "sale did not go through due to seller error."
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-16-2006, 04:58 AM   #4  
Stazon Splitcoast

I know of people who never receive their items! JMHO - consider yourself lucky!!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-16-2006, 05:02 AM   #5  
Gabfest Goddess

I guess I disagree. See my thought is how do you know that is the truth. Everyone's assuming it is, but wouldn't it be easy to get a better price here (it was a Buy It Now sale) at SCS and then say, "Oops" to the Ebay buyer? I just think better safeguards should be put into place to discourage that sort of thing. Then she tells me, "But I'll sell you the inspiration sheets you wanted."
It's just not cool biz....

Cindy
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-16-2006, 05:13 AM   #6  
Hardware Hotshot

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cynamom
See my thought is how do you know that is the truth.
Why not do an Advanced Search for the seller of items she has sold. Maybe you'll find the double listing. Maybe not, but it might make you feel better about the situation.

Go to "Advanced Search"
Under "Enter keyword or item number" check "Completed listings only"

Scroll down to "From Sellers" and check "From Specific Seller" and enter the seller's ID.

Scroll down to the bottom and click "Search"

Good luck.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-16-2006, 05:18 AM   #7  
Stazon Splitcoast

I am not saying what she did was right or wrong but at least you got your money back and you can look elsewhere.
Fact is that there is no way to know if she actually did anything wrong or not. There is a 50/50 chance that she was being honest!

You could leave a neutral feedback telling what happened so if it is a usual practice with her then others will see your statement and have the info to do with what they please.

Be Yourself ~ Everyone else is taken ;)
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-16-2006, 05:30 AM   #8  
Cat
Die Cut Diva

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

It's easy enough to see if she had another listing for the same set - check her sales history. While I think it's unfortunate, and definately disappointing, to not be able to purchase the set, she made you "whole"; it hasn't cost you anything but a little aggravation.

I'm sorry it happened, but at least the seller refunded your money quickly!
Old 09-16-2006, 05:40 AM   #9  
Stazon Splitcoast

I completely got rid of my Ebay account. First my account was hacked and some guy from London was listing bogus items and getting the money sent to him while I was getting emails saying where's my stuff. Then something even worse happened that is long and drawn out. Ebay had the gall to send an email asking why I wanted to leave after doing nothing to help me. I had gotten lots of stuff on Ebay but NEVER AGAIN!!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-16-2006, 05:43 AM   #10  
Die Cut Diva

Since I sell on ebay so infrequently, I made a similar mistake last year. I did the same thing as photocropper. I had the picture and the description mixed up and had the same picture on 2 listings. We managed to work it through. I have also had buyers who didn't read the fine print and then couldn't follow through themselves because of their 'newness'. My policy is to give the benefit of the doubt.

That being said, I would check her listings as suggested and if you can 'prove' she did you wrong, I would leave the neutral feedback (or negative). I have also had bidders contact me after the end of the auction and offer to pay more, or even contact me during the auction and try to 'buy it now'
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-16-2006, 05:54 AM   #11  
Rubber Obsessor

Just let it go, it's not worth spending your time on....POOP happens. The other week I placed and ISO for a set on CSC, I paid via paypal and then my money was refunded. Turned out that the lady who was going to sell me her set realized that her sister had it and was going to keep it. She could have been telling me the truth, she could have been lying, I will never know BUT she did the right thing by refunding me my money and letting me know. No hard feelings!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-16-2006, 06:05 AM   #12  
Gabfest Goddess

I can say with a fair bit of confidence that the seller was lying. The reason I say this is that she only had like 10 items for sale, three were stamp sets, the other were clothes and household stuff. I'm doubting she had two sets of any one thing. If she was a high-volume seller, I'd see that and understand how it could happen. I will check it out just for my own satisfaction. You'd just think PayPal or Ebay would have higher standards ... this is a BIG loophole, really. I suppose she does take the risk of negative feedback, but she knows most people are afraid to leave it so it's not much of a risk. OH well!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-16-2006, 07:28 AM   #13  
Polyshrink Goddess

Location: Michael's/Joann's/Hobby Lobby; depends on who has the best sales!!

Quote:

Originally Posted by Carol Lee
I completely got rid of my Ebay account. First my account was hacked and some guy from London was listing bogus items and getting the money sent to him while I was getting emails saying where's my stuff. Then something even worse happened that is long and drawn out. Ebay had the gall to send an email asking why I wanted to leave after doing nothing to help me. I had gotten lots of stuff on Ebay but NEVER AGAIN!!!

OMG, that same thing just happened to me!!!! I had all these emails from people asking questions about "my listings" contacted Ebay and was told that "someone" hacked into my UserID and was selling ..GET THIS...Alienware laptop computers................WHAT!!!>?? I am a TOTAL computer idiot, but is there honestly a brand name ALIENWARE???? So what does Ebay do to help me????? THEY FREEZE MY ACCOUNT!!!!!!!!!!!:twisted: So I get all the hassles and whoever hacked into my account GETS NOTHING!!!! They (customer NO service) said that the "likelyhood of ever finding the person was impossible and that they have no way of tracking them". Again....WHAT?>?!!!! I'll never feel comfortable using them EVER again, it's too scary. But that's just me, Shelly
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-16-2006, 08:06 AM   #14  
Gabfest Goddess

Shelly,

I agree with you. You become the victim twice... once from the hacker then once from Ebay. They really don't do much for you, and they seem to make it really hard to get what little you ever do get. I might cancel my account, I'm not sure. And I also have ZERO faith in Paypal's "buyer protection" at this point!

Sorry about what happened to you.. that's terrible.

Cindy
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-16-2006, 09:49 AM   #15  
Hardware Hotshot

Cindy, you say that you have zero faith in Pay pals buyer protection plan...did you not have your money refunded?

My husband got stiffed on a car part he bought off ebay...the guy had 100% positive feedback. My hubby paid for the item, got an email from the seller saying thanks for payment item has been mailed. A few days later my hubby got an email from Ebay saying that the listing has been removed and all bids are null and void. (ummmm...Hello! A few days later??? Payment has already been sent...a little late on the email there!). Long story short, hubby contacts paypal. We were refunded all of our money within 2 days!!!
We were very pleasently surprised.

Anyhoo, It sucks that that happened to you Cindy and hopefully the seller isn't out there purposly frauding people but at least you got your money back
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-16-2006, 10:26 AM   #16  
Stampin' Fool

I have never had any problems with Paypal. I would say don't worry about it anymore. You were refunded, so it really doesn't matter that you feel slighted, such is ebay, they don't care.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-16-2006, 11:14 AM   #17  
Forum Fanatic

What I don't understand about this is that a seller can essentially just say "never mind" whether it is an honest mistake or not, but a buyer can't do that. Once a bid is in, you are bound to it.

I know there are ways to retract a bid- but don't both parties have to agree?
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-16-2006, 05:30 PM   #18  
Gabfest Goddess

Skittl1321...

I think that's exactly what I was TRYING to say, but not doing a good job of it. As a seller, they can change their mind and it's OK. If I bid on something, win it then change my mind, I have NO RECOURSE like a seller would. Good point, and I think that is exactly what is bothering me. Why aren't buyers more protected. See, what no one knows is that after I bid on that one and got it (buy it now), I found one elsewhere for $2 more. But of course I could not get it and did not want it anyway at that point. Then I wake up the next morning and see that it's an OOPS for me, I go back to the other person and it was GONE... so this girl took HER set away from me and then I lost the only other one I could find! And these were gonna be for my Christmas cards. Ugh.. anyway... thanks for putting it into better words than I was!

Cindy
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-16-2006, 05:45 PM   #19  
Embossing Fanatic

Consider yourself lucky...I am out 2 sets that I paid for and didn't get on Ebay. At least she was upfront and honest with you. Mistakes do happen.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-16-2006, 05:48 PM   #20  
Hardware Hotshot

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cynamom
And these were gonna be for my Christmas cards.
What set is it that you're looking for? Maybe someone on here has it and is willing to part with it.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-16-2006, 07:03 PM   #21  
Pearl-ExPert

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Yes please tell us what set, I'm sure we can find it for you quickly, and pm me, with your snail addy, I'll send ya some inspirations sheets for FREE!!
she made the mistake, yes, but she should have NEVER offered to sell those to you!! what a crock-yes we have to pay for them, but they are really cheeep and she should have sent them as a goodwill gesture cause of her boo-boo...
Lisa
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-16-2006, 07:41 PM   #22  
Pearl-ExPert

Received 86 Likes on 38 Posts

Cindy, I agree with you. If she were honest, why wouldn't she offer you something (free inspiration sheets, at the very least) in order to keep their very small feedback thus far. It's hard to win something like that and then not get it, whether you get your money back or not.

Gay

P.S. Write me, you dork!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-16-2006, 09:13 PM   #23  
Stazon Splitcoast

I didn't see anywhere if you made a complaint to Ebay itself? If you did, how did they respond?
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-16-2006, 09:23 PM   #24  
Gabfest Goddess

It seemed that with Ebay since I paid on PayPal I have to go through PayPal, at least according to what I could figure out on Ebay. Nowhere did I imply that this was the end of the world, but I did want to share my experience, that was all. And it's good for all of us to know that the seller is MUCH MORE PROTECTED than the buyer, and that's not cool. If I did that mistake, and it CAN happen, I would really go out of my way to make it right in some way... send free inspiration sheets, a discount on other sets I have for sale or have at home. Her note was just so cold... something like "Ooops. I already sold that set. Sorry......."

Lesson learned. No big deal.

Cindy
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-16-2006, 09:57 PM   #25  
Stazon Splitcoast

No, I don't mean, did you contact Ebay about your payment/refund situation. I meant, did you report the seller for doing this? I know that they would probably say there's nothing they'll do, but if this seller started developing a pattern of this kind of thing, then Ebay might do something, kwim? Sure seems like Ebay is always asking people to report bad sellers, so I'd think that reporting this one would at least raise a flag...
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-16-2006, 09:58 PM   #26  
Stazon Splitcoast

Plus....isn't it against the rules for the seller to offer to sell you something? I thought sellers weren't supposed to solicit sales outside of an auction.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-17-2006, 06:24 AM   #27  
Gabfest Goddess

I'm sure it is against those crazy rules, but it's also against the rules, and Ebay rules are VERY specific on this, to not provide an item won, so once rules are broken, I suppose all bets are off!

Cindy
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-17-2006, 06:36 AM   #28  
Die Cut Diva

I have always had good luck on ebay using paypal. I have had to retract 2 bids and both times I could. One I put an extra zero in.....yikes. Just take it cool. You aren't out any money and if the pattern were to continue with the seller ebay would do something. Let them know.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-17-2006, 07:58 AM   #29  
Stazon Splitcoast

I had to go through Paypal with the last mess too. Paypal sided with me but as the seller had no money in his account I was still out the money. Ridiculous.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-17-2006, 09:46 AM   #30  
Polyshrink Goddess

As far as I know the SU inspitations sheets are free anyway??? I have tons I get from my demonstrator but We do workshops etc. SO maybe it is courtesy. Ebay is a scam I never used it and never will I personally know too many people that have lost to them. Paypal I love but I dont use it for those types of purchases. I never had any problems with from other vedors or online sales they have always been good.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-17-2006, 10:12 AM   #31  
Crimping Master

I am still waiting for my payment refund. I bought a set of stamps off ebay and the gals account was closed (she said Due to an issue, that is not fault of her own) Now she wouldn't reopen an other account. In the mean time I am very anal about paying my dues right away so my payment had gone through. Now nobody (paypal or the gal) say they have the money... Paypal says she is paid and the gal says she didn't recieve it. So what do I do NO MONEY - NO STAMP SET. Lucky me....
Reply With Quote Likes