Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 04-13-2007, 09:02 AM   #1  
Splitcoast Hall of Fame

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Ebay help.

I got an email from Ebay saying I was TKO'd, and my account suspended, possibly due to "unauthorized" use . . . :confused:

I only shop a very few select places on Ebay (vendors I know and trust), and I've tried emailing Ebay's customer service via their security page, yadda yadda, but, naturally, because my account has been suspended, I can't log in, it won't let me proceed with the email contact.

I've never had this happen before, and have no idea what's going on, or how to proceed.

I'm assuming this was not a spoof email from Ebay, because my account was indeed suspended and I can't log in, UKWIM?

So, exactly what do you do to resolve something like this??? :confused:
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-13-2007, 09:04 AM   #2  
Die Cut Diva

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Julie, I want to post this quickly to you, just DO NOT CLICK ON ANY LINKS in that email ... I will try to respond more ... but want to get this posted to you.
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-13-2007, 09:05 AM   #3  
Hardware Hotshot

I would set up another email address--yahoo.com or hotmail.com and then set up a different ebay account with that. This way you can have access to the email and "contact us" services. Then I would send them a message asking about the email that you received.

Good luck with this. It sounds very frustrating!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-13-2007, 09:06 AM   #4  
Die Cut Diva

I've never had this actually happen to me, but it could still be a spoof. It is weird that your account would be suspended for a reason that you are not aware of ... I cannot remember what you are supposed to do in this case ... hopefully someone else will come along and answer you shortly, I just wanted to be sure that you dont click on any links or else you could be in real trouble.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-13-2007, 09:08 AM   #5  
Dirty Dozen Alumni

Julie-
I get so many spoof emails claiming things like this...but if you account is frozen, then I suggest going to the website (without loggin in obviously) and going to the report a problem email..I think it is under reporting spam. If you can make them aware of the situation, give them you email and maybe they can help you resolve the situation.

Good luck! That is so frustrating!
Carolyn
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-13-2007, 09:08 AM   #6  
Die Cut Diva

Hi, I recieved one of those two and forwarded to EBAY..........it was a fake........someone trying to get your passwords etc. Be careful!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-13-2007, 09:09 AM   #7  
Matboard Maniac

Uh Oh....this sounds like "spoof" email. Don't answer anything with any of the links in the email. Go directly to Ebay and log in there. If it doesn't work, contact Customer Service from their web page. I have received these many times and also ones from PayPal. Every time I have reported them, they are spoof emails used for phishing.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-13-2007, 09:10 AM   #8  
Stazon Splitcoast

Received 104 Likes on 81 Posts

You should be able to report this at [email protected].

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-13-2007, 09:10 AM   #9  
Kookie Creator

http://pages.ebay.com/securitycenter/index.html

try that link Julie...not sure it will work if you can't sign in but worth a try

it's gonna be a good day tater! ~ Ron White
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-13-2007, 09:11 AM   #10  
Insane Embellisher

http://pages.ebay.com/help/confidenc...g.html#contact

Go to the VERY BOTTOM OF THE PAGE and click on

LIVE HELP

You will get a person in a few minutes and they will help you. They will likely call you back, so you need to be by the phone number on your account.

This happened to me. I have 2 ebay accounts though - one is my husbands, so I didn't fix it for a while. When I did, I went to live help and they fixed it pretty quick

Vicki

Remember no time is ever wasted that makes people better friends...so we aren't all wasting our time here on SCS. :-)
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-13-2007, 09:11 AM   #11  
Stazon Splitcoast

Location: Beautiful BC with my soulmate and he is a stamper too!!

This is what I found on the ebay site there are a few posts that may help

Recognizing Spoof (Fake) eBay Web Sites

One of the biggest threats to the security of your eBay account and your identity is fraudulent email and Web sites, called spoof email and spoof Web sites. Both are used to obtain personal and account information. To help protect its members against this threat, eBay adopted a comprehensive strategy. These efforts include the development technology solutions such as Account Guard, community vigilance, and member education about spoof email and spoof Web sites. It is important to learn to recognize both.

If you receive email that includes links and requests sensitive information � be suspicious

* A spoof email pretending to be from eBay typically contains a link that takes you to a fake Web site that requests that you sign in and submit personal and account information.
* eBay does not require you to enter information on a page that cannot be accessed from the eBay site. When possible, you should avoid clicking links. Instead of clicking the link, you should copy the address and paste it into the address bar area of your Web browser. While eBay may send email that contains links, the links are provided for convenience only. You will not be required to submit sensitive information if a direct link is provided to an eBay page.
* If eBay requests information from you, a copy of that email will be in the My Messages box in My eBay. You can submit the requested information using My eBay.
* eBay does not send you email that includes attachments, or ask you for your password or other sensitive information through email. For more information, see Reporting Spoof (Fake) Email.

Beware of fake Web sites pretending to be eBay

If you clicked a link in an email, verify that the Web address in your browser is the same as the address shown in the email.

Never enter your eBay User ID and password on a page that doesn't have "ebay.com" immediately before the first forward slash (/). If the address includes additional characters prior to the forward slash such as "@," dashes, etc., it is not an eBay page. Even if the Web address contains the word "eBay", it may not be an eBay Web site.

Examples of fake eBay addresses: http://[email protected]/ or http://signin-ebay.com/

Real eBay address: https://signin.ebay.ca/ or https://signin.ebay.com/

Before signing in, check the Web address in your browser. To be sure that you are signing into a genuine eBay Web site, look at the address bar area of your browser. At an eBay sign-in page, the Web address (URL) that appears in the Address/Location field of your browser should begin with https://signin.ebay.com/ as shown in the following illustration.
Diaries Of A Stamper
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-13-2007, 09:11 AM   #12  
Insane Embellisher

LIVE HELP is an online chat with an eBay employee on the other end...just to clarify.

Vicki

Remember no time is ever wasted that makes people better friends...so we aren't all wasting our time here on SCS. :-)
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-13-2007, 09:13 AM   #13  
Stazon Splitcoast

Email us to report that you cannot sign in to your account.
Diaries Of A Stamper
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-13-2007, 09:13 AM   #14  
Stazon Splitcoast

oops forgot link
http://cgi1.ebay.ca/aw-cgi/eBayISAPI...xpirationDate=
Diaries Of A Stamper
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-13-2007, 09:14 AM   #15  
Glitter Guru

I agree with Deb...it could be a spoof email. If you clicked your way to ebay through a link in the email, they could be trying to get your ebay account info such as password and personal info.

Have you tried going directly to ebay through your internet browser? Can you access ebay that way?

I copied the following directly from ebay's site(in red):

Suspended Account
There are two reasons why an account may be suspended from eBay

Serious violations of eBay's Rules and Policies
Non-payment of eBay Fees
If you receive an email about your account being suspended
When your account is suspended, eBay will send a notification to the registered email address associated with your account. This email will also appear on your My Messages page in My eBay.

Important: Beware of impostor email. If you received an email stating your account was suspended, please confirm that the email was sent from eBay by checking My Messages in My eBay.

If the email message you received is not located in My Messages, proceed with caution. Some members have reported attempts to gain access to their personal information through emails impersonating eBay stating that their account has been or will be suspended. These solicitations will often contain links to Web pages with a request to sign-in and submit information. These emails are also known as "spoof" or "phishing" email. Learn how to recognize spoof mails.

The email and notice sent by eBay will usually contain instructions about how to reinstate your account. Because the details causing account suspension can vary greatly, specific instructions on how to resolve your particular issue will be outlined in the notice. If no instructions appear, please contact us.

If you do not know why you were suspended or if for some reason you do not receive a notice, contact us for more information.

Resolving account suspension due to non-payment
If you were suspended for non-payment of selling fees, see Reinstating Your Account. The most common cause of suspension for non-payment is that the automatic payment method you have on file is outdated or has been recently declined. If you received an error notice while trying to resolve your suspension by updating a credit / debit card or registering an account, contact us.

Other access problems
If your account is blocked - If your registered email address is no longer valid and your account is on hold or suspended, please contact us. Be sure to include your new email address and the User ID of the blocked account.
If your account has been used without your authorization - Please review the Account Theft Help page for next steps.
If your account has activity limits - In order to maintain a safe trading environment, selling limits are occasionally placed on accounts. If a limit has been placed on your account, please contact us.
Appealing your account suspension
If you would like to appeal your suspension, please include any relevant information and reply directly to the suspension notice or contact us.

Note: This form is for suspension appeals only. If you have other questions, please search eBay Help.

If you were suspended for an Unpaid Item Policy Violation or have been warned about not sending a payment, you can appeal through the Unpaid Item Appeal Form.

What happens to your selling activity when your account is suspended?
While your account is suspended, you will not be able to use eBay in any way. This includes bidding, selling, and leaving feedback. If and when your account is reinstated, you will be able to leave feedback for transactions you completed within the 30 days prior to the reinstatement of your account.

IMPORTANT NOTE: Members who are suspended are prohibited from registering new accounts with eBay, or bidding or selling on eBay using any existing accounts. eBay reserves the right to suspend existing accounts as well as new accounts opened by anyone in the same household of a suspended user or by any other associates of a suspended user.

While your account is suspended, you will be unable to sign in to your "My eBay" page. You will be able to contact bidders if and when your account is reinstated. To find auctions that you have recently participated in, you can use the Search feature at: http://pages.ebay.com/search/items/basicsearch.html

Due to your account suspension, members involved in your transactions may choose to retract their offers.

If eBay has ended your listing early, some listing fees will be credited to your account. You can review these credits on your account status page. If you have additional questions, please review why eBay sometimes ends listings early. Please note that some suspension reasons will forfeit fees for ended listings.

Note: If you are suspended, you are not eligible to use eBay or Half.com until the problems that led to the suspension are resolved.

Previously Suspended Users

A person suspended from eBay loses all membership privileges. A suspended individual is not permitted to participate on the eBay site using any existing account, or to register new accounts with eBay. A suspension from eBay may be for a fixed length of time, indefinite, or permanent. Suspensions remain in effect until removed by eBay.

Violations of this policy may result in a range of actions, including:

Listing cancellation

Limits on account privileges

Permanent Account suspension

Forfeit of eBay fees on cancelled listings

Loss of PowerSeller status

Members who suspect that someone trading on the eBay site is connected to a suspended account, are encouraged to report it. by providing the User ID of the suspended member, as well as the User ID that is currently being used.

Hope this helps you out Julie. From reading the information about suspended accounts it sounds like you should still be able to log into your ebay account.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-13-2007, 09:27 AM   #16  
Forum Fanatic

Julie Julie Julie *shakes head* Whatcha been up to girl????? :twisted:

Sorry I couldn't resist!! :mrgreen:

ITA with everyone else - I'm guessing it's a spoof - I bet once you get ahold of e-bay they'll be able to fix it for you. SO frustrating for you tho!!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-13-2007, 09:30 AM   #17  
Splitcoast Hall of Fame

crap. I can't remember if I clicked on any of the links in the email or if I opened up a new page in my browser and went that route. I didn't reply to the email.

I found it "odd" to have received this out of the blue . . . :(
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-13-2007, 09:38 AM   #18  
Stazon Splitcoast

It may or it may NOT be a spoof. I got an email addressed to me by name telling me that my account had been compromised. It gave me a website to go to for assistance. Did you get an email addressed to you by name?

Someone was using my account to buy/sell electronics. Because all of previous history was in stamps/scrapbooking supplies, when the complaints came in to ebay they realized that there could be a problem.

The problem took about a week to be corrected and to have all charges cleared. At the time this happened, I had no active items. Since that time, I check my summary on a daily basis to be sure that no one is using my account but me.

I would try contacting Ebay without signing in.

Work in progress - 27lbs gone.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-13-2007, 09:41 AM   #19  
Gabfest Goddess

Julie,

Who can say for sure, but I am really thinking it's a scam. A LONG time ago, I received an e-mail from Ebay, telling me I was being "suspended" for non-payment of fees. The fees were like $2 or something, so I was just waiting for them to get higher to send a check, because I didn't have PayPal then and it seemed DUMB to send a $2 check. Anyway, I contacted Ebay via phone (did you try that????) and they said they don't do that, that it wasn't from them, and could I forward it TO them. It looks TOTALLY official, too. It's REALLY scary. If it looks and seems suspicious, it very well could be, you know? You are right to red flag it. Try to call them. Don't do ANYTHING via e-mail. GOOD LUCK and let us know how it goes.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-13-2007, 09:51 AM   #20  
Mad Swapper

I got an e-mail saying my acct was suspended for not paying for something. I haven't purchased anything from Ebay in a long time. I deleted the e-mail and I have been able to log into ebay.

I agree don't click on any links in the e-mail. These crooks are getting better and better at these scams!
�No one can make you feel inferior without your consent.� Eleanor Roosevelt

My Gallery
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-13-2007, 09:58 AM   #21  
Glitter Guru

Humm - if you truely can't get into your E-bay account by going to the Ebay site and signing in then I would contact E-Bay via one of the chat links provided above...

I can tell you that ANY REAL E-MAIL from E-bay will expressly tell you to go to E-Bay and log into your account - they do not provide LINKS to get you to E-Bay...

Recently my CC on file was due to expire and I was sent an e-mail from E-bay - it told me to go to Ebay and log-on - when I did that the same message appeared in my E-Bay mail...

It could be they saw some fishy stuff going on with your account and shut it down quickly - which is why they sent you the e-mail to begin with and hence why you can't log in...
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-13-2007, 10:04 AM   #22  
Pearl-ExPert

This same thing happened to me about 5 months ago.

Just to make sure it was real, I tried logging into my Ebay account and found out that YES, it was suspended. A third party had hacked into my account and listed items that were against their trademark law.

If you log into your account and find that it HAS been compromised, you can check your inbox on ebay and you'll find a couple emails there from Ebay that explain what to do.

I had to fill out forms that proved who I was, fax them to them along with proof of identification, like a utility bill and my license.

I also needed to do a live chat with an Ebay rep and then they called me to verify my number on file and my identity.

It took me about 3 months to get it all squared away. Long process, but necessary. Other people haven't taken that long to get taken care of, but my account was REALLY screwed up.

I closed my bank card that I had on file at Ebay (which was a huge pain in the you know what), which meant that I had to wait for another card to come (thankfully, I have another account with a card as a backup), had to change all my direct withdrawals on utilities, etc. HUGE PAIN IN THE *****!

I also changed my passwords on every account I have online.

Hope you get it squared up soon.

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-13-2007, 10:17 AM   #23  
Splitcoast Hall of Fame

I'm so highly PO'd at the naught individuals that are doing these sorts of things, that I just want to completely close out my Ebay account altogether, to be frank.

If I hafta go through 3 months of hassle to get "reinstated" when I didn't do anything wrong or illegal, it just doesn't seem worth it for the amount of shopping I do via the Bay and I don't sell anything on there anyway . . . :?
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-13-2007, 10:21 AM   #24  
Proud Fan Club Member
Creative Crew SU Design Team Alumni

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Quote:

Originally Posted by JulieHRR
I got an email from Ebay saying I was TKO'd, and my account suspended, possibly due to "unauthorized" use . . . :confused:

I only shop a very few select places on Ebay (vendors I know and trust), and I've tried emailing Ebay's customer service via their security page, yadda yadda, but, naturally, because my account has been suspended, I can't log in, it won't let me proceed with the email contact.

I've never had this happen before, and have no idea what's going on, or how to proceed.

I'm assuming this was not a spoof email from Ebay, because my account was indeed suspended and I can't log in, UKWIM?

So, exactly what do you do to resolve something like this??? :confused:
Julie more than likely it's a Spoof email: If it doesn't have your Name in the email than it is!
Just go to your Ebay account and check for messages their on your "My Ebay" page and check for messages.
This is the only place I go when I get these types of messages.
Never click on any link in the email message:

Spoiler

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-13-2007, 10:23 AM   #25  
Proud Fan Club Member

Red face Oops!!!

Quote:

Originally Posted by jeanstamping2
Julie more than likely it's a Spoof email: If it doesn't have your Name in the email than it is!
Just go to your Ebay account and check for messages their on your "My Ebay" page and check for messages.
This is the only place I go when I get these types of messages.
Never click on any link in the email message:
Julie I'm sorry I didn't read the whole problem with your Ebay thing.:oops:

but ya need to contact them some how!

Spoiler

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-13-2007, 10:24 AM   #26  
Crimping Master

Quote:

I'm so highly PO'd at the naught individuals that are doing these sorts of things, that I just want to completely close out my Ebay account altogether, to be frank.

If I hafta go through 3 months of hassle to get "reinstated" when I didn't do anything wrong or illegal, it just doesn't seem worth it for the amount of shopping I do via the Bay and I don't sell anything on there anyway . . . :?
I had a similar thing happen to me a couple of months ago. Someone hacked into my account and listed things that were against copyright and thus my account was suspended. I went to live chat and talked with someone and my account was reinstated and any selling fees for those bogus items were refunded within 10 minutes. I know have a more cryptic password for that account and nothing has happened since. HTH Julie.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-13-2007, 10:26 AM   #27  
Splitcoast Hall of Fame

It addressed me by name, and I can't log in.

I've searched EVERYWHERE for a contact phone number for customer support and found ZIP!!!

Can anyone lead me to their phone #????

Thanks for all your help, you guys. This really sucks.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-13-2007, 10:30 AM   #28  
Crimping Master

Quote:

I've searched EVERYWHERE for a contact phone number for customer support and found ZIP!!!

You can only contact them two ways: email or live chat. If you go to the home page (don't need to log in or anything) there should be a bubble with a question mark that says live help next to it. This will take you to a IM sort of thing where you chat with someone over there. This is how I got my account reinstated.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-13-2007, 10:32 AM   #29  
Proud Fan Club Member

Quote:

Julie here is a phone # that I found on Ebay!
Hope this helps.

(800) 952-5210.

Spoiler

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-13-2007, 10:34 AM   #30  
Proud Fan Club Member

And other information about ebay:
http://pages.ebay.com/aboutebay/contact

Spoiler

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-13-2007, 10:34 AM   #31  
Matboard Maniac

Quote:

Hi Julie,

Here is the link directly to ebay that anyone can access

http://www.ebay.com/

About 3 inches down from the top of ebay's page on the right side is an orange bubble with a black question mark inside...right next to that is the Live Help clicker...give that a try and hopefully they can direct you to someone who can help right now.

Good luck...HTH

Cathy
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-13-2007, 10:39 AM   #32  
Insane Embellisher

http://us.ebayobjects.com/3j/ebay.us...33476909287.2?

This is the direct link to LIVE HELP. You chat with the person online and they will help you out. The person will likely call you back and ask personal information to verify it is YOUR account. I've used Live Help a few times, you wait maybe 5 minutes and it's over in a few.

Good luck

Vicki

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-13-2007, 10:45 AM   #33  
Proud Fan Club Member

Quote:

Originally Posted by vfnelson2

This is the direct link to LIVE HELP. You chat with the person online and they will help you out. The person will likely call you back and ask personal information to verify it is YOUR account. I've used Live Help a few times, you wait maybe 5 minutes and it's over in a few.

Good luck

Vicki

Vicki this link comes up blank for me.

Spoiler

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-13-2007, 11:11 AM   #34  
Glitter Guru

Julie:

This happened to me about a year ago. Do not try and set up another account as it will not let you do so. I felt like I had done something wrong but I never. It took a bit of time but I did hear back from ebay telling me that they would reinstate my account and that I needed to change my password.

I don't even know why this happened only that I had to wait so much time for them to investigate and then I received another email telling me that my account was reinstated and that I need to change my password.

I tried to use the live chat and email them and all I was told is that the whole situation was under investigation. They made me feel like I was some kind of criminal or something. I was pretty upset over it all and did send an email after telling them that.

Hope this helps you Julie.

It is upsetting I know
Sneek A Peak at my blog ===> Karen's Kreations
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-13-2007, 11:14 AM   #35  
Crimping Master

Blank for me, too.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-13-2007, 11:15 AM   #36  
Crimping Master

Sorry Vicki this is blank for me, also.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-13-2007, 11:45 AM   #37  
Stazon Splitcoast

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

((((hugs))))
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-13-2007, 11:47 AM   #38  
SCS Founder

Received 11 Likes on 1 Post

julie, do you still have the original e-mail? if so, it should be pretty easy to identify it as either a spoof or legit. forward it to me if you've got it.

Needs a sig
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-13-2007, 12:07 PM   #39  
Insane Embellisher

https://cschatlb-na.corp.ebay.com/ch...vationSellerHP

If the link doesn't work if you do go to www.ebay.com - there is a balloon with a question mark in it on the right hand side of the page and beside it it says "LIVE HELP" - about 2" from the top of the page. Click on that and the window will appear.

Vicki

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-13-2007, 12:10 PM   #40  
Forum Fanatic

Even if it's not a spoof tho no matter what you NEED to get ahold of e-bay b/c if you're locked out of YOUR account then that's a serious issue - I have my fingers crossed for you tho that it can be resolved ASAP (and not be the insane hassle Erika had to deal with - what a pain!!!) :(
Reply With Quote Likes