Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 09-19-2006, 05:08 PM   #1  
Polyshrink Goddess

Default DVD Cases ???

Fo those of you that store your larger stamp sets in DVD cases, how do you do it? All the DVD cases I have found don't have the insert that can be pulled out. Any ideas???

Kristi
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Old 09-19-2006, 05:19 PM   #2  
Gallery Gazer

I'm running into the same problem. I might just do the 2 CD case thing for my large sets. I'm going to have around 50 that will need to be in 2. I sure wish there were DVD cases that would work!!

Robyn

My Gallery
Old 09-19-2006, 06:22 PM   #3  
Polyshrink Goddess

Same here, but I'm wondering about VHS cases like they have at Blockbuster. Do those have hubs? I remember seeing a site someone posted the other night for a kit for unmounted larger sets and it looked to me like it was a vhs case. You could slip the index image under a clear cover and it snapped shut. The I think in the kit you got plastic sheets to stick your stamps to and there was a program on the site to download a template for the index. If I wasn't just dreaming this I'll see if I bookmarked the website.
Old 09-19-2006, 06:26 PM   #4  
Polyshrink Goddess

Here is a link to the home page and then click on the link at the left that says "Stamp Library".

What do you think? Vhs case?
Old 09-19-2006, 06:26 PM   #5  
Polyshrink Goddess

Darn no edit button.

Here is the link:

http://www..com/
Sponsored Links
Old 09-19-2006, 06:32 PM   #6  
Pearl-ExPert

yep that's what they are...plain white VHS cases...

Ink Fumes Make You Crazy-->Inksanity
Old 09-19-2006, 06:45 PM   #7  
Polyshrink Goddess

That looks like a good idea... I'm going to check out Fry's tomorrow before I make any decision. Thanks again.

Kristi
Old 09-19-2006, 07:26 PM   #8  
Hardware Hotshot

I’m curious as to why you would store them in VHS tape boxes, those about the same thickness (maybe thicker) as the original case that the stamps from SU or TAC come in!
Old 09-19-2006, 08:30 PM   #9  
Polyshrink Goddess

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jovi
I’m curious as to why you would store them in VHS tape boxes, those about the same thickness (maybe thicker) as the original case that the stamps from SU or TAC come in!
I thought the same thing at first... but I do like the way they would sit on a shelf and be a uniform height/size. Some of my bigger sets are in different size cases. Still not sure what I'm going to do. Thanks for sharing all the great ideas.

Kristi
Old 09-19-2006, 08:38 PM   #10  
Polyshrink Goddess

Quote:

Hmmm, good point. The only good reason I can think of is if the stamps don't come from SU. Like CHF stamps or other places that sell unmounted stamps that don't come packaged in a hard shell case.

But you're right, if we are talking about unmounting SU backgrounds and alphabets, why not reuse the case to store them unmounted. You could definitely fit more than one background in a case. Cut up remaining cases to make plastic inserts to hold the backgrounds, stamp sections of the backgrounds that are contained inside including the name and company and glue to outside of the case to make identification easier. Ideally, and being that I tend to be anal, you could run the index through a Xyron with a cartridge that both laminates and sticks and then put it on the outside to protect the index image.
Old 09-19-2006, 10:01 PM   #11  
Gallery Gazer

Quote:

Well, just thinking out loud here but I like CD cases to store my UMs in because they all stack so nice and neat on my shelf, and when I want to browse them it is easy to grab them all at once. Some folks might enjoy the VHS boxes because then they don't have to spread their larger stamp sets over two CD cases, still get the benefit of having uniformly sized and shaped cases, and also get to store background stamps in them easily. I currently have a total of two SU clamshells that can store my CHF UM BGs (any other acronyms I can fit in there?) and they are both different shapes and not very good options.

I personally would like to find DVD cases that the hubs come out of as my ideal solution. VHS cases would be cool too, but all of the hardshell ones I have ever seen have the hubs molded right into them.
Old 09-20-2006, 04:03 AM   #12  
Stampin' Fool

I think they would work with background stamps that are too large for the CD cases, but I prefer my CD cases. I just found 3 background stamps that won't fit in CD cases, so I don't know what to do with them, lol. I am considering getting a set of 3 of these.
Old 09-20-2006, 05:49 AM   #13  
Polyshrink Goddess

Quote:

Originally Posted by Momofoneson
I think they would work with background stamps that are too large for the CD cases, but I prefer my CD cases. I just found 3 background stamps that won't fit in CD cases, so I don't know what to do with them, lol. I am considering getting a set of 3 of these.
Three, c'mon now you know you will buy more backgrounds (subliminal message being sent). Especially, if you frequent this website you are guaranteed to want/need more - all the beautiful cards in the gallery keep my wishlist nice and long. But seriously, I need to look again, can you put more than one in a case if you use the plastic sheets?

And just thinking out loud, the nice thing about DVD cases is that there are racks that hold both cd and dvds so they could all be stored together.

Some inventor or company needs to come up with a storage system especially for unmounted stamps that looks nice, holds a variety of sizes, is easy to use and contains them so if they lose contact with the container they don't fall out. Oh, and most importantly it has to be inexpensive. The hard plastic pages that are sold for unmounted stamps are nice, but it would get very expensive if you have a lot of stamps to store.
Old 09-20-2006, 05:56 AM   #14  
Hardware Hotshot

Quote:

Originally Posted by StampinOma
Hmmm, good point. The only good reason I can think of is if the stamps don't come from SU. Like CHF stamps or other places that sell unmounted stamps that don't come packaged in a hard shell case.
Good point… I forgot about the other stamps that come loose.

I store mine in CD cases, the larger sets I separate in two cases. I know someone post a link at one time to a place that sells DVD cases with removable inserts, and if I remember correctly they were clear cases. I’ll have to do some more searching…
Old 09-20-2006, 06:56 AM   #15  
Dirty Dozen Alumni
Splitcoast Challenge Hostess
Creative Crew Alumni

Quote:

Good point… I forgot about the other stamps that come loose.

I store mine in CD cases, the larger sets I separate in two cases. I know someone post a link at one time to a place that sells DVD cases with removable inserts, and if I remember correctly they were clear cases. I’ll have to do some more searching…
I hunted all over last night for DVD cases without the premolded hub thingys. Couldn't find a thing. Did you know you can buy stick on hubs so that you can hang your DVDs and CDs on the wall or whatever........hehe

I don't want the stinking hubs Wanna go hubless.

The VHS boxes won't do me much good spacewise. I'm actually thinking maybe I can hang some old picture frames inside the doors of my cabinet and use the glass to stick my larger sets on. Anybody ever try this? It wouldn't be in the light.
Old 09-20-2006, 07:34 AM   #16  
Hardware Hotshot

Found Them... I haven't ordered yet!

Okay someone on another board posted this link;

Super Jewel Box King DVD Case
http://www.sleevetown.com/dvd-case.shtml

I called the company and asked if I be able to pop out the inserts when my order came, she said that they are really hard to get out and the case might break! She also said if you call in your order, they can leave out the insert trays for you (they’ll still charged full price).

Here’s there contact info:

NVISleeveCity, LLC
7600 Appling Center Drive Ste 102
Memphis, TN38133
USA
866-380-4168 Toll-Free (M-F,
9:00 - 5:00 CST)
901-381-1112 (FAX)

Old 09-20-2006, 08:45 AM   #17  
Polyshrink Goddess

Ladies,

I may have figured out a solution for you. See this thread I just posted:

http:////www.splitcoaststampers.com/...d.php?t=184923