Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 11-16-2009, 09:34 AM   #41  
Stazon Splitcoast

Received 4 Likes on 1 Post

Just restating:

Please watch for this set to show up in some of your local scrapbooks/stamp stores and favorite online sights very soon. It was released at $60 plus 30% off on the Unity website. It is now $60.00 without 30% off due to the sale ending on Sunday - HOWEVER, we have priced it on our website this way so that our stores that buy from us wholesale have the ability to mark this set for profit and at the same time be well under the Unity website price. I don't expect you to purchase this set for $60. There will be plenty of opportunities to purchase it for less if you would like.

Also: As a business owner I opted to come to SCS because of the integrity, kindness, and warmth of the people in this forum. It is my hope as this conversation unwinds regarding Donna Downey that judgement be passed only by those who never in their lives have made a decision that was wrong or a mistake of any kind.

I am fully aware of all conversations that have been going on regarding this situation from the very beginning right up until this moment at Two Peas.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-16-2009, 09:37 AM   #42  
Polyshrink Goddess

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I just checked out stamps by Unity for the first time today. I own so many stamps- even though so many are "Big Box Store" Brands. At X-Mas I want to purchase more variety of stamps- so I am chacking out all companies U hear of from here.

That set for 60.00 is nothing special and for that price it should be. I would never spend more then 30-35 dollars for a set- and at the top end of that range it would have to be really special!

With that said... Wow- Unity offers some really great sets- I am looking forward to placing an order real soon!

Sheena
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-16-2009, 09:38 AM   #43  
clean and krafty

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Send a message via Skype™ to willosmama

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sheena74View Post
I just checked out stamps by Unity for the first time today. I own so many stamps- even though so many are "Big Box Store" Brands. At X-Mas I want to purchase more variety of stamps- so I am chacking out all companies U hear of from here.

That set for 60.00 is nothing special and for that price it should be. I would never spend more then 30-35 dollars for a set- and at the top end of that range it would have to be really special!

With that said... Wow- Unity offers some really great sets- I am looking forward to placing an order real soon!

Sheena
they do Sheena-
what were some you liked???

Spellbinders DT Coordinator

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-16-2009, 09:42 AM   #44  
Insane Embellisher

OK, I'm impressed! I just posted 16 minutes ago about DRS Designs, and received info from Unity about a stamp club they have as well! Only $24,00, and there is an incentive this month-No wonder they have an excellent rep for customer service! I am going to check out the site right now!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-16-2009, 09:44 AM   #45  
Matboard Maniac

Hear the echo? Unity Rocks!!!!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-16-2009, 10:01 AM   #46  
Polyshrink Goddess

Quote:

Originally Posted by willosmamaView Post
they do Sheena-
what were some you liked???
Well with most men in the family are bikers- I love the -- Big Bad Bike (I thinks thats right)

Autumn Pals

and some of the large sets for 45.00, but you get so much- it does seem like A good deal- even if in the past I wouldn't pay that much- I have never seen sheets with so many stamps before either,lol.

Sheena
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-16-2009, 10:11 AM   #47  
Glitter Guru

Oh ~ Unity has the best Kit of the Month & Store Kit of the Month! I am on auto-ship with both & love how there is such a wonderful array of stamps & how diverse they are! And the customer service ~ just the greatest bunch of people you would ever want to deal with!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-16-2009, 10:38 AM   #48  
Watercolor Wizard

If you join the KOM, you get the sets for $24 plus a little something extra just for joining. Then as the next month comes around and you get your next kom, you also get a coupon for the incentive sets that are offered during the next months promotion. It is awesome! If you do not get the KOM, you are still able to purchase the sets after that sets promotional month for $45. It is cheaper to join the KOM, and you do get a WHOLE LOT of stamps for a very good price. I love my KOM!
The customer service is amazing over at Unity too! You can contact them in the threads, by e-mail, and by phone. The entire Unity Crew is amazing and very customer friendly.
I currently am on a budget, so the $60 set is not even something I can consider, but maybe when Unity has one of its AMAZING promotions, it will fit better into my financial constraints.
I hope you all take a look at Unity's KOM if you are interested in a great deal!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-16-2009, 10:41 AM   #49  
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:

Originally Posted by cjcape521View Post
OK, I'm impressed! I just posted 16 minutes ago about DRS Designs, and received info from Unity about a stamp club they have as well! Only $24,00, and there is an incentive this month-No wonder they have an excellent rep for customer service! I am going to check out the site right now!
Thank you. So happy you are taking a moment to check things out!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-16-2009, 10:44 AM   #50  
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:

Originally Posted by McDebView Post
Hear the echo? Unity Rocks!!!!!
Woot! Woot! lol. Our CUSTOMERS Rock - your creations are amazing. There is NOTHING more delightful than getting an image from one of my artists in my inbox - putting it into production - and then seeing it COME ALIVE at the hands of my customers. Consistently amazed! BIG HUGS!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-16-2009, 10:48 AM   #51  
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sheena74View Post
Well with most men in the family are bikers- I love the -- Big Bad Bike (I thinks thats right)

Autumn Pals

and some of the large sets for 45.00, but you get so much- it does seem like A good deal- even if in the past I wouldn't pay that much- I have never seen sheets with so many stamps before either,lol.

Sheena
I am going to try to find some of the pictures I have taken of these stamps IN REAL LIFE. Hold up - they are so deeply etched and so wonderfully BIG! I will get a photo or two for ya!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-16-2009, 10:54 AM   #52  
Polyshrink Goddess

I went thru every stamp you guys sell... I was even more impressed the longer I looked. I love the 45.00 sets.. I will have to buy a couple...
Glad to hear about the Wonderful CS, I am always looking for that, when trying to decide what new store to purchase from.

Look forward to seeign the pics..

Sheena
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-16-2009, 10:59 AM   #53  
Stazon Splitcoast

http://theunitystampco.blogspot.com/...eeps-kits.html

This is off my blog. Just a sampling of the SIZE value of these stamps. Always helps to see them measured out.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-16-2009, 11:03 AM   #54  
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:

Originally Posted by unitystampcoView Post
http://theunitystampco.blogspot.com/...eeps-kits.html

This is off my blog. Just a sampling of the SIZE value of these stamps. Always helps to see them measured out.
Keep in mind this is LAST MONTHS kit. If you want too see THIS MONTH that is currently shipping till December 1, 2010 - CLICK HERE: http://www.unitystampco.com/kit_club be sure to scroll down for a peek at the adorable incentive kit this month! You sign up for Kit of the Month and you get the entire INCENTIVE Kit for FREE!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-16-2009, 12:59 PM   #55  
Mad Swapper

Quote:

Originally Posted by galeView Post
Anyone who wants to know the story can go to two peas and find it easily enough. For ME this goes way beyond making a wrong decision or a simple mistake but that's just me. Others may be able to let it go and forget.
You must have missed the fact the DD did refund the money. I've put together events (not in the stamping world) but events that are pre-paid. There are many coordinators and some stand by the guidelines. There are always gray areas to be considered. I realize what happened to this lady was one of those gray areas and apparently so did Donna Downey because when she heard about it there was a refund. In my eyes that absolves her of any wrong doing.

Actually when all is said and done I thing she went above and beyond in the customer service side of it because she refunded on a non-refundable event.

Ms. UnityStampCo- sorry I do not know your name. Thank you for the invite. Right now we are in the middle of a move. To be honest I don't even know what is involved in making rubber stamps. I can create digitally and do so. I also buy rubber. This set in particular to me is overpriced for my particular budget to use ratio which is why I would create something similar. My understanding is that making rubber is expensive so I do understand the pricing being where it is.

Anyway just wanted to thank you for your input. And yes you do have some really cute sets out there. :-D
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-16-2009, 01:08 PM   #56  
Rubber Obsessor

Quote:

Anyone who wants to know the story can go to two peas and find it easily enough. For ME this goes way beyond making a wrong decision or a simple mistake but that's just me. Others may be able to let it go and forget.
Wow, sorry you feel that way. :( I just went over there and read through the majority of the 21 pages. It seems that the original person was satisfied with the outcome, and for me that's what matters the most. I think that it could have been handled better, but it was handled.

Anyway, I still love this set, and of course Unity!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-16-2009, 01:22 PM   #57  
Pearl-ExPert

I just read the TwoPeas thread and it doesn't change my opinion of DD, i just couldn't afford $60 for a set of stamps. LOVE Unity (thanx to Angela's generosity I won a set at the WCMD event here and just posted a couple cards with it) and I think the QUALITY is outstanding, but I won't be buying the set because it's not "me," not because it's DD.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-16-2009, 01:30 PM   #58  
Kookie Creator

I must say I own LOTS of unity stamps and LOVE them! They are excellent quality and i have never been disappointed. I have also been with the KOTM since the second month and love every single one. I love the variety that i get and some images that i never would have thought to purchase on their own are some of my favourites.
I will not be purchasing the new set as i find it a little pricey for my taste but I think it's a very pretty set. As for the Designer i must be really out of the loop b/c i have never heard of her before.
And for those who haven't purchased from Unity before their customer service is awesome!
Kristy
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-16-2009, 02:04 PM   #59  
Stazon Splitcoast

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

I myself like Unity stamps. I have a few and there are more that I want. I personally though will never spend more that $30 for a stamp set.
This is my personal choice and it is right for me.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-16-2009, 02:15 PM   #60  
Stazon Splitcoast

I am SO PLEASED with this conversation. Thanks for all your input and THANK YOU SO VERY much for remaining to be stellar individuals with open minds and forgiving hearts. It is so comfortable at SCS. I love that.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-16-2009, 02:18 PM   #61  
Mad Swapper

I personally love everything about Unity I have never once been disappointed in anything that I have gotten from them and I have gotten alot. More than anything the Unity crew is awesome!!! As far as the DD set I love it and will purchase it when Unity has one of their great discounts!! The great thing about Unity is that when you think it can't get any better it always does.

Stephanie Muzzulin
http://www.handmade75.blogspot.com
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-16-2009, 02:47 PM   #62  
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:

Originally Posted by handmadebysmView Post
I personally love everything about Unity I have never once been disappointed in anything that I have gotten from them and I have gotten alot. More than anything the Unity crew is awesome!!! As far as the DD set I love it and will purchase it when Unity has one of their great discounts!! The great thing about Unity is that when you think it can't get any better it always does.

Stephanie Muzzulin
http://www.handmade75.blogspot.com
:oops: so sweet. thanks. we do make mistakes, we are growing and learning, however we do our very best to always correct them immediately. thank you stephanie - i appreciate you.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-17-2009, 04:27 AM   #63  
Dirty Dozen Alumni

NOT all stamps are created equal. Unity produces some of the highest quality stamps out there. You definitely get what you pay for. I have purchased and will continue to purchase from them.

I am consistently impressed by their artwork, the quality of workmanship and the awesome design team!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-17-2009, 04:37 AM   #64  
Stazon Splitcoast

Received 23 Likes on 10 Posts

UNITY ROCKS! Hey Angela when are you going to do another big ole grab bag of stamps? hehehehe
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-17-2009, 05:12 AM   #65  
scrapperazzi

Quote:

I agree.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-17-2009, 05:44 AM   #66  
Gabfest Goddess

For those interested in some of the behind the scenes stuff that goes into the making of rubber stamps, there are some really cool videos on the Unity company blog (I think that's where I saw them). I got a good feeling for the family atmosphere and the caring atmosphere behind Unity stamps. I haven't purchased any yet, so I can't go on about anything related to the actual product, but I like knowing the mindset behind the product and what type of people produce it. I got a terrific feeling from the videos (and reading the company blog (and Angela's personal blog). It's companies and people like this that I want to spend my money with.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-17-2009, 07:19 AM   #67  
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:

Originally Posted by CammieView Post
NOT all stamps are created equal. Unity produces some of the highest quality stamps out there. You definitely get what you pay for. I have purchased and will continue to purchase from them.

I am consistently impressed by their artwork, the quality of workmanship and the awesome design team!
THANK YOU, Cammie! We are very particular about the quality and design of our stamps!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-17-2009, 07:20 AM   #68  
Embossing Fanatic

Quote:

Originally Posted by CammieView Post

I agree wholeheartedly! I am not a heavy duty stamper but more of a scrapbooker. I do not have as much time as I would like to devote to this hobby but I am smart enough to know when I see a good thing. And let me tell you that Unity stamps are awesome: they're big, beautiful and stamp crisply. So when I buy stamps I go for the sure thing: Unity.

Another thing I love about the Unity Stamp Company is that feeling of acceptance into its community. I have always felt accepted in SCS too but right now I'm just not feeling the love. So the DD stamps are not your style and you don't plan on buying it. Fine; then don't. But why trash DD and be so sarcastic? I believe in karma so best wishes to all in their endeavos.

All the artist and customers get to talk to one another. Where else does this happen? We, customers, get to tell Angela what we want. And she delivers. That is my two cents.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-17-2009, 07:20 AM   #69  
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:

Originally Posted by LazorkayView Post
UNITY ROCKS! Hey Angela when are you going to do another big ole grab bag of stamps? hehehehe
We have to build up some extras again - I wish I could do that always, but that was a DEAL - and I fear it may have been a ONE TIME DEAL at that price. LOL.

However we will offer up FUN things like that every once in awhile. I love RANDOM Sales!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-17-2009, 07:22 AM   #70  
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:

Originally Posted by geogymnast82View Post
For those interested in some of the behind the scenes stuff that goes into the making of rubber stamps, there are some really cool videos on the Unity company blog (I think that's where I saw them). I got a good feeling for the family atmosphere and the caring atmosphere behind Unity stamps. I haven't purchased any yet, so I can't go on about anything related to the actual product, but I like knowing the mindset behind the product and what type of people produce it. I got a terrific feeling from the videos (and reading the company blog (and Angela's personal blog). It's companies and people like this that I want to spend my money with.
Thank you for the sweet compliments. They are so very much appreciated. We are a family. I can honestly say the people at Unity are a HUGE part of my life. Both in a business setting and personal. I {heart} them.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=toYS1...layer_embedded
Here you go. Take it all in with an open mind. I actually should do ANOTHER VIDEO - we have organized and expanded a TON! I will do that soon!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-17-2009, 07:26 AM   #71  
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:

Originally Posted by ScrappymeView Post
I agree wholeheartedly! I am not a heavy duty stamper but more of a scrapbooker. I do not have as much time as I would like to devote to this hobby but I am smart enough to know when I see a good thing. And let me tell you that Unity stamps are awesome: they're big, beautiful and stamp crisply. So when I buy stamps I go for the sure thing: Unity.

Another thing I love about the Unity Stamp Company is that feeling of acceptance into its community. I have always felt accepted in SCS too but right now I'm just not feeling the love. So the DD stamps are not your style and you don't plan on buying it. Fine; then don't. But why trash DD and be so sarcastic? I believe in karma so best wishes to all in their endeavos.

All the artist and customers get to talk to one another. Where else does this happen? We, customers, get to tell Angela what we want. And she delivers. That is my two cents.

HOORAY! I try to deliver. Sometimes it takes me a little longer than I prefer, however we get there eventually.

LOVE that the Unity Scrapbooking Kit that finally came together. You can click here to see it. It is not Donna Downey - this set is made by some of my other STELLAR artists! Michelle Stancil, Lindsay Spencer, Lisa Hetrick, Michelle Bertuzzi - http://www.unitystampco.com/ - it is on the home page if you scroll down.

Donna wanted to add some of her designs to the Unity line and it fits. Simply because she is an artist that uses all different avenues...and she loves the quality and size of Unity Stamps. She does Scrapbooking, Altered Art, Cardmaking - all of it. I love her stamps - but just like EVERYTHING that is created. Some will love it. Some won't. That is the beauty of life!

I admire so much the cardmakers of this community. The ladies here leave me in AWE as I scan through the galleries. Artists EXTRAORDINAIRE - I have a passion for Scrabpooking as well - that is why my stamps are on the larger side. They are SO VERSATILE for EVERYTHING that you are creating! I LOVE THAT!

Last edited by unitystampco; 11-17-2009 at 07:29 AM..
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-17-2009, 07:35 AM   #72  
Gabfest Goddess

I have been buying Unity since the beginning, and never once have I been disappointed in either product or customer service. I'm one of those laid back people, so seeing a price tag like that doesn't bother me. So what if the set is $60, it's Unity's prerogative to set their own prices. You choose to buy or not. If you are familiar with Unity's sales and incentives, you know that Angela and co. have got to be some of the most GENEROUS people around.

Unity rocks!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-17-2009, 08:22 AM   #73  
Embossing Fanatic

Thumbs up

Quote:

Originally Posted by beccabatgirlView Post
I have been buying Unity since the beginning, and never once have I been disappointed in either product or customer service. I'm one of those laid back people, so seeing a price tag like that doesn't bother me. So what if the set is $60, it's Unity's prerogative to set their own prices. You choose to buy or not. If you are familiar with Unity's sales and incentives, you know that Angela and co. have got to be some of the most GENEROUS people around.

Unity rocks!
Rock on Unity!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-17-2009, 08:47 AM   #74  
Stazon Splitcoast

I looked at the link for the Unity kit this month with all the stamps and they are so just not my style. Probably why I never buy Unity...seems like Our Daily Bread, Verve, Flourishes and Papertrey are my top picks. Even at $30.00 I would not buy the set that is just like so many others out there...blessings.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-17-2009, 09:15 AM   #75  
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:

Originally Posted by sprtchickView Post
I looked at the link for the Unity kit this month with all the stamps and they are so just not my style. Probably why I never buy Unity...seems like Our Daily Bread, Verve, Flourishes and Papertrey are my top picks. Even at $30.00 I would not buy the set that is just like so many others out there...blessings.
Hooray for individuality. I love that. Makes the world go around. Imagine if every tree had the same style or every single home was decorated the same, or we all wore the same kind of clothes....BORING! That is why so many companies exist - SOMETHING for everyone. Perfect.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-17-2009, 09:52 AM   #76  
Crimping Master

I was solely Stampin' Up until about a year ago and didn't follow much of the other companies as they're not available in Croatia. But, when I discovered Unity, I immediately fell in love with their designs. And yes, they have top notch customer service and awesome sales (the only way I can justify the international shipping :-).

Angela, you've been an example of class in this particular thread. Thank you and I admire you for that. Keep those wonderful images coming! I love my Unity stamps. And Michelle Bertuzzi is my friend. I'm so proud of her to be illustrating for you.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-17-2009, 09:59 AM   #77  
Stampin' Fool

So what would be recommended to try first if you've never bought from Unity before? I love the designs - and I really love the whole concept and have from the beginning. I have a tendency to only buy locally though - and I've clearly been missing out!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-17-2009, 10:04 AM   #78  
Gabfest Goddess

Quote:

Originally Posted by unitystampcoView Post
Hooray for individuality. I love that. Makes the world go around. Imagine if every tree had the same style or every single home was decorated the same, or we all wore the same kind of clothes....BORING! That is why so many companies exist - SOMETHING for everyone. Perfect.
My husband's grandmother always said "and that's why there are so many shoe stores."
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-17-2009, 10:22 AM   #79  
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:

Originally Posted by momtoggkView Post
I was solely Stampin' Up until about a year ago and didn't follow much of the other companies as they're not available in Croatia. But, when I discovered Unity, I immediately fell in love with their designs. And yes, they have top notch customer service and awesome sales (the only way I can justify the international shipping :-).

Angela, you've been an example of class in this particular thread. Thank you and I admire you for that. Keep those wonderful images coming! I love my Unity stamps. And Michelle Bertuzzi is my friend. I'm so proud of her to be illustrating for you.
Thank you. so much. Big Hugs to you! Michelle is a friend to be proud of. Not only is she multi-talented but she is a BEAUTIFUL human being. I feel so happy to have her as part of the Unity Artist family.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-17-2009, 10:26 AM   #80  
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:

Originally Posted by mitziView Post
So what would be recommended to try first if you've never bought from Unity before? I love the designs - and I really love the whole concept and have from the beginning. I have a tendency to only buy locally though - and I've clearly been missing out!
Who is going to help her with this question?! I have so many favorites -

Who is your local store? I can have Michelle get in touch with them to see if they would like to carry Unity.

For that matter if ANY of you would like us to contact a store near you to carry Unity - just send Michelle a quick email - [email protected]

She is in charge of all our store/wholesale accounts.

What is YOUR style? Remember - our unmounted stamps can be used with ANY acrylic block. Unity is not any different than the other companies.

We just offer a special handle that is COMPLETELY OPTIONAL. It is the "Unity" Handle.

Feel free to take a peek in the Unity Gallery - there are SO MANY stamps! I am thinking we have got to have close to 5000 images. HOORAY!
Reply With Quote Likes