Splitcoaststampers

Splitcoaststampers (https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/)
-   General Stamping Talk (https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/general-stamping-talk-17/)
-   -   Does Joann accept coupons for their books? (https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/general-stamping-talk-17/does-joann-accept-coupons-their-books-387814/)

MilwaukeeMommy 10-05-2008 06:55 AM

Does Joann accept coupons for their books?

I read recently that you could no longer use Michael's coupons for their books, & was wondering what Joanns rules are. I found an origami book there for my son ~~ for $17! Yeah, I'm not paying that, but I will pay 40% less than that :)

9kids 10-05-2008 07:14 AM

I have used coupons on books at Joann's in the past, but the last time was six months ago or so. Any restrictions are printed right on the coupons, though, so it should be easy enough to find out if the rules have changed.

nana jenkins 10-05-2008 07:29 AM

I was in Joann's a couple of weeks ago. I went in hoping I would find the new Take Ten magazine and use my coupon. They had a sign up on the magazine rack "10% off"; therefore I could not use the coupon on magazines as they were on sale! This is really a bummer with both Michaels and Joanns.

MilwaukeeMommy 10-05-2008 07:34 AM

Hmmm....I wonder if that's true with the books as well. The book was back in the kids craft section, not by the other books, so I guess I'll just have to ask when I go again.

frankie 10-05-2008 08:40 AM

I just bought a cookbook at Joanns a couple of days ago -- used a coupon with no problem.

troopersma 10-05-2008 11:13 AM

Yeah, can't use it on magazines since those are always "10 %" off. Grrrr.

Jane

Paula O. 10-05-2008 12:16 PM

I'm looking at a JoAnn's coupon and it does not say it can't be used on books or magazines. However, if the store has the mags marked "10% off" then the coupon can't be used.

Are these stores losing so much business from magazines discounted 40%???? It's not like we don't buy other things at the same time!

Ragtop 10-05-2008 02:08 PM

Several of us had this discussion at our monthly stamping get together last month. One of the ladies tried to use their Michaels coupon for a mag and they no longer take them on the mags but they took her JA coupon on mag. What's the difference? The general consensus was that none of us were pleased that we can't use our coupons on mags. Most of us only go if something we want is on sale and we go get it and usually pick up a mag to use our coupon on.

I haven't been to either one or HL for a while now. I just haven't found anything (other than mags) that I absolutely had to have the last several times I went. Of course, lately, I haven't really had the money to spend and what money I do have to spend has been going on SU! stuff.

Ragtop 10-05-2008 02:10 PM

Also, they probably have a different markup on "books" as compared to "magazines" so you can probably use coupons on "books" but not "magazines".