Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 01-19-2005, 05:29 AM   #41  
Insane Embellisher

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I might not get mine mounted the very day they come, but i do start polyurethaning the blocks and cutting out the stamps. It takes a day or two to put the poly on them--I use the brush on kind, maybe I should try the spray on kind.

I've only recently started using the poly on my wood blocks and I really like it! they clean off so nicely! When I have my Brownies using them or my kids or new stampers, they used to get ink all over them (you know how kids are with ink--all over their fingers, so it's all over the tops, sides of stamps).

Of course, next week when I get my demo kit with 7 sets in it, we'll then see how quickly I get them mounted.

Hey! Something my demo has done is bring an unmounted kit with her to a party. She shows what they look like, shows how to trim a stamp and mount it. Then she finds a big hunk of the scrap rubber and passes it around with the c&r scissors and regular scissors so the customers can see the difference the good scissors make.

www.emilybradley.stampinup.net
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-19-2005, 05:29 AM   #42  
Pearl-ExPert

Nope you aren't the only one! This week I got 12 sets mounted -- WHEW! Most of them were 4-piece hostess sets though, only 4 were biggie sets. I hear you though! A lot of them were 2 years old and I kept pulling stuff out that I forgot I even had! I found this set with birds I didn't even remember having in the catalog! I think at one point I thought of not mounting and selling some, but I am like many of us at SCS, I can't part with them!!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-19-2005, 06:03 AM   #43  
Insane Embellisher

I got 12 new sets on Monday, right after work and going to workout I was mounting stamps, then yesterday I had work and class but as soon as I got home, I was mounting stamps again....they are all mounted now...I just couldn't let them sit around not being mounted, this is the most I have ever had at one time but I knew that when I decided to use them I wouldn't want to have to mess with mounting them. I like to be able to pull out the stuff I want to use and get to creating and not be sidetracked (mounting stamps would sidetrack me)

I now have a gallery!! www.splitcoaststampers.com/go/miss_missy
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-19-2005, 06:06 AM   #44  
Hardware Hotshot

I have to mount them right away. If I don't have time during the day when they come in they are usually done before I go to bed.
Debbi~SU Demo~SCS#6378
~My Gallery~My SUO Blog~
Mother to 6 and Grandmother to Katie- 7/31/09 & Kyle-12/6/12

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-19-2005, 06:37 AM   #45  
Polyshrink Goddess

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The only stamps I have not yet trimmed and mounted are 6 of the 11 that were delivered to my door last night at 7 pm. They'll be done before the day is out, or at least by tomorrow (with this being a homeschooling day and a church night). I figure if I'm not excited enough to mount them all first thing, then they probably weren't the best thing for me to purchase. I'm in my first year of being a demo - anniversary March 1. I'm still trying to build up my supplies, and before I became a demo, I had one set, because that was all I could afford. The benefits of being a demo have enabled me to build my collection of stamps and supplies in a way I never would have been able to before, and that still excites me so much I HAVE to get those stamps mounted so I can enjoy them as soon as they get here!

www.splitcoaststampers.com/go/spedabstbit
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-19-2005, 06:53 AM   #46  
Die Cut Diva

I don't mount mine until I am ready to use them. And then I mount the entire set. I have about 25-30 unmounted sets and sometimes I will use them as gifts or door prizes if I decide I have found a different set to use for myself. So, I want those to stay unmounted.

I actually enjoy mounting them while watching TV. But it is hard on my joints in my hands and wrists. I am also picky about how they are mounted and take my time.

When you get in a tight place and everything goes against you, till it seems as though you could not hold on a minute longer, never give up then, for that is just the place and time that the tide will turn. -- Harriet Beecher Stowe
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-19-2005, 07:15 AM   #47  
Glitter Guru

Don't feel bad! I have a DD set (Fun Flowers) from 1999ish that I haven't mounted yet! I bet I have more than your 14 sets! Lately I've been cutting single stamps to use right away...then I have to go back and do the others...we're supposed to get lots of snow on Sunday, so I may end up watching a bunch of movies and cutting most of my sets.

<--Wishing I was cruising (Caribbean Princess, May 2010)
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-19-2005, 07:17 AM   #48  
Stazon Splitcoast

I had a demo (b/4 I became my own) that would mount them for us...
Anyway, once I get a stock up of stamps, I'd like to keep a few unmounted for gifts, door prizes, etc. I get too excited about them and end up mounting mine as soon as my kids let me
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-19-2005, 07:27 AM   #49  
Stazon Splitcoast

I can't stand to wait! I have to do them right away! My starter kit is hopefully coming tomorrow and I'll have 7 new sets to mount, so I didn't make any plans for tomorrow night! If you're putting off mounting them, definitely do it while you're watching TV - it makes it a less painful process.

Or, have a cutting party! Last summer, I was a hostess at a party that brought in about $700 so I had like 11 new sets to mount. My demo and I got together with a couple of the people who were at the party and who had also ordered sets, and we mounted our stamps together one afternoon. Doing it together and chatting the whole time made it easy.

If I waited to mount a set until I was ready to use it, I don't think I'd ever get to it! When inspiration strikes me, I need to stamp right away and I could never wait to mount the stamps before using them!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-19-2005, 12:05 PM   #50  
Glitter Queen

I use to mount my SU as soon as I got them...Now...I mount them when I need them for a swap,etc.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-19-2005, 12:25 PM   #51  
Pearl-ExPert

I only mount them when I'm ready to use it.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-19-2005, 12:58 PM   #52  
Quacker Stamper

Received 29 Likes on 27 Posts
Default Mounting Stamps

I used to be really good about mounting sets when I got them, but the last time I was hostess of Stamp Camp, I got quite a few of them and was too busy to mount them. Now I have quite a few that need to be mounted. It seems that I mount them now as I go along; if I need a particular stamp out of a set, that's the one that gets mounted and not the whole set.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-19-2005, 01:05 PM   #53  
Rubber Obsessor

I have many sets that I haven't mounted yet. The reason is that I just don't like to mount stamps!

Bobbie
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-19-2005, 01:25 PM   #54  
Rubber Obsessor

IT IS BEST TO MOUNT THEM ASAP- THE LONGER THEY SIT THE HARDER THEY ARE TO MOUNT LATER! i HAVE A FRIEND WHO ASKED ME TO MOUNT A SET THAT WAS 4 YRS OLD- THE ADHESIVE WAS ALMOST GONE.
BESIDES- WHAT IS WRONG WITH SELLING MOUNTED STAMPS?
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-19-2005, 05:30 PM   #55  
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:

Originally Posted by stampin_chiquie
A lot of times I don't mount a stamp until I'm ready to use it. So, I tend to end up with a lot of half mounted stamp sets. I figure "why waste the time mounting if I never use that particular stamp." Although if I don't really feel like getting ready for a workshop or something I will procrastinate by mounting a stamp set.
And I thought I was the only one who did this! Guilty on both counts-- the partially mounted sets and the stalling!

Belinda
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-19-2005, 06:05 PM   #56  
Polyshrink Goddess

I mount mine within the week I get them. But I am very careful about which sets I buy. I look and look at tons of samples, and think about how many ways I can use the stamp before I make the purchase decision. It's kind of "anal" I guess, but in my early stamping days I saw a cute card and bought the set immediately and guess what? I probably used it once or twice. Oh well, live and learn!

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-06-2008, 07:34 PM   #57  
Rubber Obsessor

I am very guilty of having way too many unmounted stamps. I used to mount as I used them. I am currently unmounting mine from wood and remounting them on cling. I will be much better in the future because they are sooooooo much easier to get to the rubber when they are new. I have stripped all of mine that were unmounted and have just a few more of them to mount to cling then I will start on the ones mounted on wood. It has been a long job and I can't wait till it is done. I need to get some stamping done.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-06-2008, 07:57 PM   #58  
Die Cut Diva

Oh, I used to be this way when I first discovered SU ~ I had to have so many ~ and, frankly, I HATED to cut them out ~ so I'd put it off forever.

But I have a sad story about waiting too long... I guess the set was about a year old ~ from a mini ~ so it was no longer available... you see where I'm going with this... so I finally want to use the set ~ and of course... it had a major flaw. And there was nothing I could do ~ but curse my procrastination... and then I went on to mount all my sets. And YIKES, I found a set were the wood blocks were so messed up that I couldn't use them ~ but SU send me new blocks ... Not sure about if you use wheels ~ but I had a defective one of those as well... but I caught that one immediately... so again, SU sent me a new one...

So, I learned the hard way that if I'm going to spend my limited funds on these stamps ~ I'm only going to buy what I love and I'm going to mount and use immediately... oh, and with my luck I'd never buy a set that hadn't been mounted and used off ebay ~ but that's just me...

*just to add ~ the flaw was in the actual rubber itself and not the foam...

Last edited by AGMommyof2; 08-06-2008 at 07:58 PM.. Reason: add a little detail
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-06-2008, 08:50 PM   #59  
Rubber Obsessor

Red face

I have over 300 sets so far and I have mounted all but 15-20...mostly alpha ones. I sometimes feel guilty that they have never been used, so I am going to make myself mount one a day until they are done. After that I will work on my filing system, as I have taken them out of their cases and am putting them into the 1" Best Craft Organizer drawers. I love how neat it looks and once I have my system in place I will be so organized (I hope!!!). Also, with the sets being mostly die-cut I don't think I'll procrastinate any more.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-07-2008, 03:34 AM   #60  
Pearl-ExPert

Quote:

Originally Posted by Happy HeartView Post
I'm with Kar on this one! I mount mine as soon as I get them! Can't wait to play. Of course, I LOVE cutting and mounting stamps!

Well, I don't exactly LOVE cutting and mounting stamps, but I do love adding new ones to my stamp inventory, so I mount mine as soon as I get them.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-07-2008, 06:17 AM   #61  
Die Cut Diva

I think I'm just bad at cutting and mounting. I can never seem to get it trimmed closely enough. Do I need a special pair of scissors? I used my cutterbee ones with the non-stick coating.

So I'm loving the new die cut stamps. But my others, well, I think I have three sets out of 4 that I bought that are still unmounted.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-07-2008, 06:38 AM   #62  
Kookie Creator

I used to dread mounting them, but then I got those darned rubber scissors that SU! sells, and man they work wonders. now I like doing it

of course it figures I but the scissors and now all new sets are die cut!! D'Oh!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-07-2008, 07:15 AM   #63  
Mad Swapper

Now that the sets are going to be die-cut, you have much less work to do. Just peel & stick!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-07-2008, 07:39 AM   #64  
Stampin' Fool

Default Same for me.

Quote:

Originally Posted by debbiemom23csView Post
I have decided that if I am not going to use the set right away, I am not going to mount them. That way if I need a gift or need to make a basket for charity etc, I have unmounted, new stamp sets!! What do you think?
This has helped me out several times when I needed something for a stamping friend.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-07-2008, 10:44 AM   #65  
Stazon Splitcoast

When I first started to stamp I mounted all sets immediately...this last Sunday I didnt really feel like starting a project (NO it cant be true/but it was) so I decided to mount all the sets sitting on my shelf. Some of them been there for months. I mounted 16 sets of SU and TAC! Only one remains on the shelf and it is SO MANY SAYINGS Su set. I am just not sure what I want to do with it or if I even want to keep it. It is a good feeling when you get all caught up but then my mind tells me I need new sets so the cycle starts all over again...YIKES...
Blessings.
Reply With Quote Likes