Splitcoaststampers

Splitcoaststampers (https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/)
-   General Stamping Talk (https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/general-stamping-talk-17/)
-   -   Does anybody store their stamp sets SIDEWAYS? (https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/general-stamping-talk-17/does-anybody-store-their-stamp-sets-sideways-326578/)

Waldsb651 02-22-2008 04:59 PM

I have always stored them sideways - no problems - but a GOOD question to ask. Thanks for getting all this input for all of us.

stampcrazzzy 02-23-2008 03:07 AM

3 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by stampcrazzzy (Post 8879809)
I just recently switched to storing mine book style. I LOVE IT! I can buy a ton more sets now! I will post a picture tomorrow, but will tell you for now what else I did.

I made a Dymo label for the side that I see. This makes it much easier to see what the set is when I look in the cabinet. Then I made a label for each of the shelves the sets are on, dividing them by the catagories in the catalog (Growing Up, Hostess, Greetings...etc). By each of these labels I placed a circle of cardstock, a different color for each group. I used my small circle punch to make these. Then I made a circle for the case of each stamp set in the catagory in the same color, and placed those on the "spines" of the stamp case. This way when I go to put sets up, I know by the color coding where they go.

I hope that makes sense! I will post a pic tomorrow if it doesn't.

Here are some pictures of the way I just started storing and organizing my stamps. I half two or three times more room than before! Plus, I love being able to put them away quickly, just match to colored dots. I still have some more to do, tons of retired sets, but I have to clear out another cabinet for those. I want them to be in a seperate cabinet. Hope these pics help.

Stampingdeedee 02-23-2008 03:39 AM

I love all your ideas. I too store mine sideways in plastic storage boxes. I never ever thought of adding more labels to the boxes. I like the idea of storing punches on the EZ mount thing. I will have to check that out.

cmwoodhull45 02-23-2008 04:27 AM

You all are sooooo organized!!! I'm gonna have to figure out a way to do this.. I have a closet I store mine in- but no shelves just on the wire racks I got at Target.. Love the pictures Kelly- thanks for showing us-it's FAB!!!!
Now I'm off to redo my sets!!!

Thanks again Deenie for asking!! YOU ROCK!!!!

Carla

dorothyjane 02-23-2008 04:45 AM

Can I just say - it never occurred to me it might be a bad thing. I have never stored them any other way.

klhbenson 02-23-2008 05:32 AM

always! every one of them! it's easier to pull out the set you want too!

EmGee458 02-23-2008 05:45 AM

I store most of mine sideways. I have a wooden VHS tape stand that they fit perfectly on. I've never had any trouble with the rubber slipping. The 'overflow' sets are on a bookshelf laying flat, but that will change once I reorganize the mess that is my stamp room! :)

SherryLC05 02-23-2008 06:06 AM

Woo hoo! I need to re-organize my sets (my drawers are getting too full) and there are some great ideas here! I may have to dry one of those cd/video racks.

deenster 02-23-2008 09:43 AM

KELLY!

Thank you for the pics!! Looks SOOO organized......and ya know, when your stamps are organized, it's sooooo much easier to sit down and STAMP!!

Thanks!
Deenie