Splitcoaststampers

Splitcoaststampers (https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/)
-   General Stamping Talk (https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/general-stamping-talk-17/)
-   -   Do you prefer card making or scrapbooking (https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/general-stamping-talk-17/do-you-prefer-card-making-scrapbooking-36883/)

Mom-of-one 03-19-2005 08:14 PM

Do you prefer card making or scrapbooking

:D If you had to pick..........which do you prefer?

I LOVE card making!

iliveforjc 03-19-2005 09:38 PM

8)

sunfaerie 03-19-2005 10:12 PM

That is actually hard, I started out as a SBer and now I am a HUGE card maker. If I HAD to choose then I would say SBing. I love looking back at my pages and being reminded of all those great memories and how wonderful my life is :)

babyfactory 03-19-2005 10:18 PM

That's a tough choice. I can't choose! That's like asking which of my 2 children I love more. I just can't do it. I like each of them the same, but differently :)

AndreaSophie 03-19-2005 10:53 PM

I prefer card making. I need that instant gratification that making a card gives. Scrapbook pages take too long for me and I just wind up frustrated because it takes sooo long to get "done"

maryp 03-19-2005 10:54 PM

for me it's card making...love it!

Mary

JulieHRR 03-19-2005 11:06 PM

Typically I avoid scrapbooking like the plague. :shock:

I'm too instant gratification by nature. My most favoritest thing to make is a card. Dunno why. But, I also enjoy making gift items that incorporate stamping in some way.

I need to simplify and speed up the scrapping process, but I get stuck. Plus, I just get tired looking at the 20 years of photos I've accumulated. I'd rather make a digital slide show burned to a DVD, to be frank.

I may try scrapbooking on the wall--that concept appeals to me. But scrapbooks themselves just don't even remotely grab my attention . I tried. I just don't like doing it at all.

I enjoy viewing the photos my mom has kept from my childhood. They are in boxes and I leaf through them. But, I don't think they're being in a scrapbook would make the experience of reliving the memories more enjoyable. I carry those memories internally, and simply do not feel a need to have them scrapbooked to make them more meaningful? Just my personal observations about myself.

But, that's me. I'm kinda weird that way! :wink:

nightscrapper 03-19-2005 11:15 PM

Hard choice as I love both. I was a stamper first so that is my real love. I get in moods where I'll just want to stamp and nothing else for a few weeks and then vise versa. Right now I've been in that mood for months. LOL

marlo

LeslieS 03-19-2005 11:17 PM

I started off scrapbooking, but I enjoy card making more. I used to enjoy the actual making of the card, but lately have been going through my old swaps and putting them together for cards and really like doing that! I've done a few scrapbooks for my son, but am just not in to anymore. I think I'm just going to do as Julie does and burn the pics on a CD for him. I think the important thing is that he has something to look at whether it's pictures to flip through, CD to look or eleborate scrapbook. Right now he likes looking through the books, but as he gets older those will not appeal to him as much, so I just don't feel I want to invest the time or money into scrapbooking for him!

Back to cardmaking!!

Candykane 03-19-2005 11:35 PM

I don't consider myself a real scrapbooker, but I do keep up with my pictures and fix them up nicely in picture books (also I am a picture finatic). I think it would be neat to scrapbook, but as of right now I have 10 picture books full of my husband and me dating to my son currently. I figure if I was home I would probably have even more since being overseas I miss out on so much going on with my family in the states. I also know it would take me forever to redo those books and make them fancy, so I said I didn't even want to try.

So I am a cardmaker that is why I have all the stamp stuff :wink: I just love making cards for people and other little things :D

Bayleaf 03-20-2005 12:20 AM

Card making!!

stampinsusie 03-20-2005 12:36 AM

I am still new to all of this but I love to make cards and all of the neat "other than a card" stuff I've learned on here. Scrapbooks are really a challenge for me. I just don't get how to design them.
Sue

Tah Dah! 03-20-2005 12:52 AM

CARD MAKING!! I grew up crafting - in fact, I think my Mom has the mop doll I made in 6th grade still sitting in her bedroom and my Grandma still has a cheesy wicker fan thing with artificial flowers... Anyway, after trying all sorts of things, including embroidery and the like, when I discovered stamping I felt like I had finally found my niche. I love, LOVE that I can sit down in an evening and create a few cards that I know will brighten someone's day.

Lisa62 03-20-2005 03:16 AM

answer

thats tough I like both of them but right now I am into card making more because i only just started doing it.But I still love scrapbooking too.

Catherine 03-20-2005 03:31 AM

Card making!

Mamalanie 03-20-2005 03:54 AM

That's a really tough question!

To me scrapbooking isn't a hobby, it's part of my job as Mom. I don't do anything fancy most of the time, unless the mood happens to strike, but it's important to me that I write down the memories that go with the photos . . .not necessarily for myself but so that after I'm gone my photos are also meaningful to others. I also take care to use top of the line stuff (even though it might not always be the "cutest" stuff) to make sure it lasts a long time and I won't have to do it again some day!

Cardmaking is a great hobby and I love it, so I guess it's less of a responsibility and more of a fun thing for me. On that basis, I guess I'd have to say I prefer it. Who doesn't love fun more than responsibility?

richey_kane 03-20-2005 04:33 AM

Cardmaking! I love the actual making of the cards but especially giving the cards to people. Everyone I have given a card to is so pleased to get a handmade card.

ny2nh 03-20-2005 05:00 AM

Cardmaking and the littel boxes and such.

Isn't funny how everyone keeps talking about scrapbooking and yet we all still prefer the cards! I love the instant gratification - that's what hooked me on stamping!

Sherlie 03-20-2005 05:08 AM

Cardmaking!!!!! I love it and I love sharing my cards.

barbwire802 03-20-2005 05:10 AM

Card making here too... never have been much of a scrapbooker either. I really enjoy making each card for the person it is intended for. I have a hard time making the same one twice! And, yes, it seems that those that receive them, appreciate them sooooo much more than a store bought one.

Barb :)

StampnCroplady 03-20-2005 05:21 AM

If I had to choose, it would be an easy choice even though I love them both. I would choose scrapbooking because most of what I scrapbook is my kids. I love looking back at the pictures and remembering what happened at the time they were taken. I love seeing how much my kids have grown and changed. Now I just need to get more time so that I can get caught up in my scrapbooks. :)

photocropper 03-20-2005 06:03 AM

I Love both ~ If I had to pick just one I would say scrapbooking only because I have already started it and invested so much into it

Card making gives me instant gratification and I love that others get the enjoyment of my cards as well -----

JulieHHR's reply has me thinking tho --- maybe the 20 years of pictures would be better off in a flip album instead of boxes waiting for the day I have time to scrapbook....talk about an overwhelming feeling.... :roll:

Gosh that has stirred up some ideas in my head! If I were to quit scrapbooking then I could unload a ton of weight and maybe the hubby would be less likely to comment on the amount of stuff I have when we are right at our weight limit (by military moving standards)....and then the amount of stamps I have would really not look like so much!!! :shock:

Mom-of-one 03-20-2005 07:04 AM

:D WOW! Great feedback!

jeanstamping2 03-20-2005 07:14 AM

CARD MAKER!

Card maker, Since I am much better at making them than I scrapbooks

Scrapbooks tend to scare me. There to bi of a canvas for me....I really enjoy a smaller scale...I guess I could do 6x6, maybe that wouldn't be so scary :lol:

Go ahead look at my gallery list below my name.....
ENJOY!

dorworth 03-20-2005 07:23 AM

Scrapbooking definitely! I have always loved photography so when I discovered scrapbooking it was the hobby of my dreams. I am learning to make cards too since I signed up to be a demo in September; I am enjoying it and have started sending them out to family members.

texasjodylynn 03-20-2005 07:26 AM

hmmm

I love to CARD make!

kimmiekrafts 03-20-2005 07:34 AM

Scrapbooker 1st...but since I've found stamping during the past 9 months, I've only really been card making, especially since I signed up to be a demo.
But right now I'm busy on completing several small gift albums and I'm remembering why I love scrapbooking so much!

My choice is still Scrapbooking 1st!!

stampysister 03-20-2005 07:35 AM

SCRAPBOOKING. I hate the idea of spending a good deal of time making a really great card, only to send it out in the world where people may *gasp* throw it away! I can spend 15 hours on a scrapbook layout and not feel selfish at all for keeping it all to myself and sharing it with only anyone who wants to look but not take.

Besides I love photography and I love writing (I'm and English teacher) and I love stamping. All three of these combined equal scrapbooking. And since I scrapbook pictures of my kids and husband, I can have almost all my loves at one time! Now, if I could figure out how to scrapbook from the back of a horse, then I'd be in heaven. LOL

JJBrooks 03-20-2005 07:37 AM

BOTH, but I do spend most of my time scrapbooking! There is nothing better than sending a cute card to a friend/loved one.....so I do card make a lot also! :D

stampininthesun 03-20-2005 07:42 AM

I like both; but I have more fun making cards. I agree it's about the instant gratification. You can do them quicker so you can make more of them!

I love scrapbooking too b/c I want to preserve my families memories, My kids love to look at our scrapbboks!

Mom-of-one 03-20-2005 07:43 AM

:D I LOVE card making. I am S L O W L Y getting into scrapbooking (6x6).....baby steps....just baby steps.

heresrita 03-20-2005 07:47 AM

(Checking out SCS gallery is my absolute fav!!!!!!!!)

chrishpam 03-20-2005 07:52 AM

card making

tdean32 03-20-2005 10:26 AM

I would have to say card making. I started out as a semi-scrapbooker but I don't get the immediate satisfaction of a finished product like I do when I make cards. I have more creative juices flowing when I make cards. I haven't given up on my scrapbooks, just put them aside until the summer. :)

Mom-of-one 03-20-2005 12:08 PM

:D I guess it boils down to.......we all just LOVE crafting!

michellenstamps 03-20-2005 12:23 PM

I do enjoy scrapbooking, but I most definitely a CARDMAKER first! I almost always stamp in my scrapbooks, but still like the "card in my hand."

Fun thread.
Michelle Neuendorf

enchntdgal 03-20-2005 12:32 PM

I would have to say cardmaking, although I like to scrapbook, I really LOVE to make cards!!

lbirus 03-20-2005 12:34 PM

Neither! I'm an "anything but a card" junkie. :!: I love candle stamping and stamping on notebooks, pens, post-it-pads, glass, my kids... oops, I'm getting carried away. You get the point though.

veramats 03-20-2005 01:10 PM

Oddly enough, I'm better at scrapbooking than I am at cardmaking. I love cardmaking because it's quick, easy, and when you send a hand-stamped card, it really passes the joy on.

I think I like scrapbooking because it gives me context from which to create. I rarely case when I scrapbook because the pics dictate what colors and accessories to use. I will case layouts and embellishments here and there, though.

I must be in the minority here! (but that's ok)
Vera

csuniques 03-20-2005 01:39 PM

Card making!