Splitcoaststampers

Splitcoaststampers (https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/)
-   General Stamping Talk (https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/general-stamping-talk-17/)
-   -   Do you own an envelope template? (https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/general-stamping-talk-17/do-you-own-envelope-template-52282/)

TexasLonghorns 05-16-2005 07:45 PM

Do you own an envelope template?

Do you own one? Which one do you own (SU, other brand, big, small, etc)? Do you use it? Do you have trouble coming up with stuff to make with it?

I recently joined a swap that uses the envelope templates. We are having a hard time filling it up and I started to wonder why? I thought maybe it's because not very many people own these things. Well, I guess I should find out!

I do own one and have never used it... hence, why I joined the swap in the first place. It's the SU assortment one template.

<shameless plug here :) ... here's info on Janiekay's swap> http://forums.splitcoaststampers.com...ad.php?t=47021

MSBetsyZ 05-16-2005 07:53 PM

Don't own any of SU's templates. I have I think 3 different sizes of Green Sneakers templates, and never use 'em. It just always seems to be more trouble than it's worth...

camsmom 05-16-2005 07:55 PM

I have the mini envelope template and like it a lot. One of those things I often forget about but I like it a lot!

cardsbyanita 05-16-2005 08:05 PM

I have 3 envelope templates (nonSU). I know I used them ages ago when I first got them. I made a vellum envelope for a scrap page once....I remember not liking cutting them out. Maybe I should get them out and use them again - perhaps my cutting skills have improved?
Anita

coastie wife 05-16-2005 08:22 PM

I have the Coluzzle envelope template and I just love it!!!

mschoener 05-16-2005 08:30 PM

I have the SU templates and really like them. I've used them, but not often enough. I'm like some others that I've read where I'm usually grabbing a card at the last minute and use a bought envelope. I did make off size Christmas cards about 2 years ago and made envelopes for them out of 12 x 12 Christmas paper.

Ahnna 05-16-2005 08:45 PM

I have the mini envelope template.. never open the package... but know that I would love it if I ever used it!;)

sunnywl 05-17-2005 01:56 AM

I have two non-SU envy templates and love it! I really enjoy making envelopes from wallpaper and sometimes patterned paper. It just relaxes me and one of the few crafty things I can do with my toddler. My stamping room is upstairs and I can only go in there when my toddler's asleep. I'll check out the envy swap!

buttons2 05-17-2005 03:45 AM

I guess I have one; it's a home made one and I use it quite often. Hope I didn't mess up the poll :>)

Consuelo 05-17-2005 03:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by camsmom
I have the mini envelope template and like it a lot. One of those things I often forget about but I like it a lot!

Britta, I have the mini envelope template and can't figure out how the heck to add envies to a card. Everytime I try I end up with the cutest little envelope, but can't quite figure out how to make it work on a card. :(

Rox71 05-17-2005 04:22 AM

My first envelope templates were made of cardboard. I didn�t even know you could buy them when I first started in cards. I then got one from my sister in law from Green Sneakers line, then she bought me a small set at a resale and then I got a box full of all the sizes from the director of Keiki Cards in my signature below when I visited her last summer. I do use some of the sizes from the kit but tend to use my cardboard template the most. I made it big enough to hold two cards and an extra envelope to pass on.

Green Sneakers is the style you can tear around the edges so we use that one often to make envelopes for the charities from old catalogs and junk mail. Now you know the reason for junk mail! We also use gift wrapping paper.

I use the mini envelope on a card front to put stickers in for the kids and I�ll link the card I posted in the gallery so you can copy the idea if you like.
Give it time to be approved.
Rox

http://gallery.splitcoaststampers.co...cat=500&page=1

malindaplace 05-17-2005 04:44 AM

I have the SU template #2. Love it. I really miss the 2-sided colored envelope papers SU used to sell, and I hope they'll bring them back in new colors. A beautiful envelope is such a lovely complement to a beautiful card! I really dislike cheapo envelopes.

Speedystamper 05-17-2005 04:47 AM

I love my green sneakers envelope and use it all the time. I make my envelopes out of wallpaper. So quick and easy and my kids love to do it, too.

robsuejo 05-17-2005 05:01 AM

Envelope Templates

I have several different brands including SU!. I love them all. I have saved tissue paper from gifts and ironed it to shiney side of freezer paper. I have also used contact paper, confetti and tissue paper. I have used recycled gift wrap, scrapbook paper, Wall paper (NOT the pre glued type), vellum, calendars and magazine pages.

Grammyof2boys 05-17-2005 05:23 AM

I own the mini envelope template but haven't used it all that much. Could someone tell me which template to buy that the 4 1/4 by 5 1/2 card uses?

mooneybeams 05-17-2005 05:26 AM

I use my A2 sized envelope template for every card I make. I usually match the envelope to some paper used in the card. Most people love the envelope as much or more than the card.

jen9853 05-17-2005 06:19 AM

I have a fiskars one, used it to make envelopes for invitations about a year ago, HATED it, and haven't used it since. But, I HAVE used it.

jbcmom 05-17-2005 06:27 AM

I have SU!'s mini template, I've used it and love it.

LDSDinks1993 05-17-2005 06:59 AM

I voted that I owned one but never used it. I actually forgot that I bought a package of envelope templates at a scrap book clearance store in GA last month. I need to go through my craft room and find where I put that package!

scrappiemommie 05-17-2005 07:03 AM

I have both sets form SU and the Coluzzle mini and reg. envelope templates as well....Do I use them? Not as much as I should, I had actually "lost them" for awhile ;) I just bought the Coluzzle mini one and have been playing with all of them now though....Has anyone discovered any cards in the gallery using them? I think I will go look ;)

scrappiemommie 05-17-2005 07:21 AM

I found some!!! I'll link a few and see if they can get us "jump started" on using our templates ;)

http://gallery.splitcoaststampers.co...hp?photo=76897

http://gallery.splitcoaststampers.co...hp?photo=73144

http://gallery.splitcoaststampers.co...hp?photo=61754

deelite 05-17-2005 07:31 AM

envelope templates

This is a great thread. I purchased one of the mini envelope punches for the front of cards while on a scrapbook bus tour. Its tiny and fun to use, but I was wondering since I am signing up next month with SU if that would be an item I would be using to save money. Wondering about using it to save money as a demo. Any input there?
TKS

Shanon 05-17-2005 07:42 AM

I have 2 different ones. They are not from SU but I LOVE them.

scrappin'stamper 05-17-2005 07:54 AM

I want the mini one it looks like I could use it in scrapbooks!!!

It's on my wish list!

smartinez182 05-17-2005 07:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by camsmom

Ditto!

cindy_canada 05-17-2005 09:53 AM

I have SU's mini-envelope template and I also have the Set II. I use them both, especially the regular-size envelope one. The only thing that frustrates me is that the template doesn't fit on a 8�X11 sheet of cardstock and I find that SU's cardstock's a little too heavy for envelopes. I used the blue sheet that came with the templates because it was a little bit more lightweight and I found it was perfect for that use. Now, I'm trying to find that kind of cardstock in bulk somewhere in my area.
In the meantime, what I do most of the time is stamp regular envelopes with matching ink and stamps to match my card. I got bunch of envelopes at Hallmark, which I why I always cut a little square of matching paper or cardstock to hide the Hallmark logo on the back of the envelope. ;)

But I'd really rather use the template. The size would be more appropriate and it's be easier to add a cute lining. :)

Cindy

TexasLonghorns 05-17-2005 02:23 PM

Moving on up....

Interesting answers here. Thanks everyone!

<swap still needs more envelope template players ;)>

janiekay 05-17-2005 02:32 PM

You are tooooo funny!!!!

Geeta,

I also bought the templates, and have never even opened the package!!! That is why I started this swap:

http://forums.splitcoaststampers.com...t=47021&page=2

I challange all you folks who said they've never used their templates to join my swap!!!! Think of all the wonderful ideas for cards you will get!!!

****Another shameless plug for my swap******

Jane

PS: I told you I was brain dead today! I finally figured out what you did!!!

LOLOLOLOLOLOL!!!!!!

JJBrooks 05-18-2005 10:08 AM

I have the mini envelope temp from SU and I love it! Used it last night at a workshop and sold 3!

barbstamps 05-18-2005 10:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cindy_canada
The only thing that frustrates me is that the template doesn't fit on a 8�X11 sheet of cardstock

Cindy

OK, you made me go dig out my templates! Each of the SU! templates does fit onto an 8 1/2 x 11 sheet of paper--I checked; you just have to turn some of the bigger ones at an angle.

Years ago, some of us used the templates with old SU! catalog pages to make envelopes; those were fun.

You can also make cards with the templates. There are lots of samples in the gallery. Just search for "envelope template."

Have fun!
Barb Coblentz

SeattleStamper 05-18-2005 11:14 AM

I just bought the mini template and I am having so much fun with that thing, it's great!

karriecook 05-19-2005 06:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by coastie wife
I have the Coluzzle envelope template and I just love it!!!

Ditto...I love the Coluzzle envelope template. So easy to use. You can also "cheat" and make your envelope any size by sliding the template longer or wider.

dawnmercedes 05-19-2005 07:56 AM

I have one that I bought from "Dots," probably 6 years ago. I just have to trace and cut it out. A bit of work, but not hard.

I bought a Coluzzle envelope template. But when I measured it, it seemed like it wouldn't fit a standard size quarter sheet card. So I took it back.

Luckily, my mom live semi-close to a store that sells envies for 4 cents each. I am planning and really stocking up sometime this summer.

Dawn

pinkbubblebee 05-19-2005 11:46 AM

Great thread! I have been thinking about getting some of these and I enjoyed reading everyones comments!

stampcrazygirl 05-19-2005 11:49 AM

I have the SU mini envelope template and love it to make mini vellum envelopes to use on cards. I like to put flower or star punches in it along with a stamped tag hanging out. I always get oooohhhs and aaaahhhs when I do that.

Here's some from my gallery (the second one is not from a template):

http://gallery.splitcoaststampers.co...cat=500&page=1
http://gallery.splitcoaststampers.co...cat=500&page=2