Splitcoaststampers

Splitcoaststampers (https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/)
-   General Stamping Talk (https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/general-stamping-talk-17/)
-   -   Do you like to see NON SU cards? (https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/general-stamping-talk-17/do-you-like-see-non-su-cards-29063/)

stampingcaz 02-12-2005 10:49 AM

Do you like to see NON SU cards?

As the majority of my stamps are not SU I use others regularly, I wondered if you liked to see NON SU or not? Of course where I can I will use SU but seeing that I am in UK I dont have that many.

Thanks
Caz

scrapyme 02-12-2005 10:54 AM

A beautiful card will always go straight to the heart of the viewer or receiver, I will be glad to see your creations no matter what your materials are 8)

smartinez182 02-12-2005 10:56 AM

The way I see it if I like the layout or the color combo I will change it so it is SU but all is always welcome.

jaxma 02-12-2005 10:56 AM

I'd love to see more TAC cards. I understand that they sell unmounted stamps and I'm thinking of coverting my SU stamps to unmounted. I might buy TAC in the future because the prices are so low!

scrappinchick 02-12-2005 10:57 AM

I LOVE LOVE any cards, pages, crafts, etc made with any companies stamps. I do love Stampin Up the best, overall. I also love TAC stamps...in fact, I am having a TAC party tonight!!! YAY :D

MWDStamp 02-12-2005 11:05 AM

I'll look at just about anything. I also have lots of non-su stamps. I am always looking for ways to use any of my stamps. And I certainly would not reject something just because it was not made with SU stamps. It is the thought that counts not the stamp.

Advogirl 02-12-2005 11:06 AM

non su cards

Thanks Jaxma! I am now determined to get some of mine downloaded to here! I have tons of scanned images but have never setup a gallery on a site! Guess I'm about to learn something new!!

chercher 02-12-2005 11:32 AM

I love to look at cards of all types. art is art and any creation is fun to look at and may inspire me. So please post your cards, because I love inspiration. And I also think there are some wonderful stamps out there that are not SU.

jdmeeks 02-12-2005 11:39 AM

I enjoy all the cards and often find inspiration from the beautiful designs! Each stamp company has it's merits and they all offer wonderful images.

I think it's more more about creatively and the design than the stamps used.

justjulier 02-12-2005 11:47 AM

Hello Everyone,

Can someone please tell me what TAC is? :?

Thanks.

stampingcaz 02-12-2005 11:59 AM

Its a stamp company called The Angel Company.

Caz

Dina 02-12-2005 12:22 PM

I love to look at cards, etc made with ALL types of stamps.... sshhhh! I am a SU! demonstrator but have many other "brands" that I like to get ideas for...

I'd love to see your creations.

Dina

miggie 02-12-2005 04:56 PM

As was said before, a beautiful card is a beautiful card no matter what company's stamps were used and personally I love looking at everything on this site. I have learned and am still learning new things everytime I'm on this site and I'm on this site every day.

needsmorestamps! 02-12-2005 05:27 PM

I've got all kinds of stamps :) I'm not loyal to any one company, I just buy what I like!!

In my main gallery most of the images are SU. I have set up an album with my other cards that don' t have SU images on them. So they are there if someone wants to check them out, if not no hurt feelings.

IMO, I just like looking at the ideas. If I find something I like I can always adapt it to what I have. Alot of the ideas that I do see using SU I don' t have that set so I use another SU set even.

So I say upload away!!!!

Inkalicious 02-12-2005 05:31 PM

I love looking at all cards too, but as a SU! Demo I came to SCS because it is geared towards SU! products. maybe if we can make a ton of new work for Daven (lol) he could make 2 gallerys, a SU! gallery and other companies gallery. I say 2 galleries since the majority is SU! and I still want easy access to those samples. Then I could have the choice to go thru other companies samples!!!
Tandra

Sereikastamper 02-12-2005 05:32 PM

Re: Do you like to see NON SU cards?

Quote:

Originally Posted by stampingcaz
As the majority of my stamps are not SU I use others regularly, I wondered if you liked to see NON SU or not? Of course where I can I will use SU but seeing that I am in UK I dont have that many.

Thanks
Caz

I DO!!!! I of course am a little biased!!! LOL :wink: I am Cazs newest follower!!! LOL!! I LOVE YOUR WORK!!! Post away, I check your gallery for new stuff~ when I have time!!! LOL These two of mine keep me busy...know what I mean?

sillyscrappergirl 02-12-2005 05:39 PM

I love all stamps! I am a TAC demo but have just as many SU! stamps...I love looking at everything!

CajunStamper 02-12-2005 06:18 PM

Quote:

I love looking at all cards too, but as a SU! Demo I came to SCS because it is geared towards SU! products. maybe if we can make a ton of new work for Daven (lol) he could make 2 gallerys, a SU! gallery and other companies gallery. I say 2 galleries since the majority is SU! and I still want easy access to those samples. Then I could have the choice to go thru other companies samples!!!
I agree.

Ginger

JodiAnn 02-12-2005 06:27 PM

I like looking at everything! Thanks to everyone for everything you've posted. This is such a great place to look when I need an idea or inspiration.

hamcnally 02-12-2005 07:20 PM

I also like to look at everything!! I am a SU! demo - and proud of it. I love SU! stamps and other products! However, I am a stamp-a-holic and therefore love stamps of all kinds!! I just saw a cute "chick" (like chicken - not like girl) stamp and found that it was from "Inky Antics" - found them online and bought it!! :) I just don't demo any non-SU! stamps when I am doing a demo. I think that we can all borrow ideas from each other and incorporate whatever stamps we have. :D

lemonie 02-12-2005 07:50 PM

I agree. I have a lot of non SU stamps (although my SU collection is catching up fast). I come here for ideas, not necessarily to see how to use a certain stamp. If I see a layout of a card I like, I search through all my stamps to see if I have one that would work.
Everyone on here is so creative. I, also get new ideas every day.
Melanie

suzanne diaz 02-12-2005 07:56 PM

Although I appreciate art made with non-SU stamps, I became a die-hard Splitcoaststamper because it is geared towards SU!

I love looking at all the beautiful samples and ideas knowing that I probably have the sets and can CASE my heart away. :D

JMHO

Angie Humphrey 02-12-2005 08:26 PM

Everyone here is so supportive. But I do want to put my two cents in. I am not a stamp-a-holic... I'm a SU-a-holic. It's not that other companies don't have great stamps. I'm a demo and although I do it to support my habit my joy of stamping mostly comes from sharing with my customers (which is interchangeable with friends). If I couldn't do that, I wouldn't be doing it. And since the time that I share with my friends is usually through workshops I stay with all SU stamps. No matter how cute the stamp... if it's not SU my money doesn't go there.

I also agree with the person that said they come here because of the SU gallery (and the people). I want to see ideas for stamps that I have. Having said that let me also say this... I also love to look at other cards too. Even a die hard SU purist like me loves to see cards no matter who the stamps are from. Like someone else said, you just adapt.

So PLEASE do share your creations. That's what is so wonderful about this site.

Ok, I've said it before... I get a little long-winded.

Mom-of-one 02-12-2005 08:50 PM

I like looking at cards that use only SU! products.

PaperMoon 02-13-2005 06:33 AM

I love SU stuff and as a demo I come here for ideas for set samples and workshops ideas. That's why I would want an SU only area. I also broaden my stamping horizons by using stamps and things from other companies. That's why I wouldn't mind a separate area for nonSU stamps. But mixing the two together would defeat the purpose of the orginal intent of this site IMHO. Maybe those other companies could start their own site like this one...

pigfingers 02-13-2005 06:51 AM

I love to see any card, whatever stamps used! Although the majority of my collection is SU, I do have a drawer of non-SU stamps that I use, it is all good! If I like the card design and I don't have that stamp I just substitute anyway -- even if I DO have that stamp sometimes I substitute!

ebeth5 02-13-2005 07:07 AM

As a fairly new member to SCS, I love seeing all card examples, not just those with SU products. Every card is a true work of art and I get so inspired looking through the gallery.

Keep 'em all coming!!

:D Ebeth

sandy McCulloch 02-13-2005 07:13 AM

Non SU Cards

Bring em on! I am a SU demo and I love SU stamps but (Gasp!) I also have a nice shelf of Magenta, some PSX, some Hero Arts, some stampscapes (These mix really well with other stamps including SU) and assorted others. While most of my customers and customers to be will only see current SU I do enjoy using these other stamps too.

My other point is with any well stamped cards you can get ideas for how to use your SU stamps - layouts, background techniques, colour combos etc.

Let's make this the best spot to come and look for stamping examples.
Sandy

lisathevizslalover 02-13-2005 07:29 AM

Hi. I am a new SCS member. I was thrilled to discover this site and that it was devoted solely to SU! I've been on the site daily since finding it. I would prefer the site to stay solely for SU!, as that's the reason I am so happy about this site.

There are plenty of other sites to look at if you want to see samples of other stamps used.

However, if you decide to post other brands, could you keep them separate? I love the fact that the galleries are set up in alpha order by SU stamp sets.

Fondly,

Lisa :)

stampingcaz 02-13-2005 07:41 AM

Its great reading all your replies. I didnt realise this was a SU only site, I would have never posted others if it was wrong. The top says The stampers community and I havent read anything on the front page that says its a SU place and I didnt know it was SU only. I just thought it was taken over by SU !! LOL

I wont take up any more space with the "others" and just share when I have done any SU, Which I hope to use more.

ve got webshots and I will post my others there for those that do want to see them :)

Thanks again for your input.
Cazx

camsmom 02-13-2005 07:50 AM

It is not an SU only site, but was started by an SU demo (Tracy Nolta) for her downline and others, and has really spiralled out from there. (check out the "about us" link :wink: ) The name SplitCoast term was because Tracy had downline members on both sides of the country-hence they were on the splitcoasts! LOL

I can't get over the amount of work that Daven and Tracy (the original SU/SCS demo :P ) have done for all of us.

norwaytroll 02-13-2005 08:00 AM

I am confused. To my knowledge this site is NOT exclusive to SU! I have seen beautiful things using other companies stamps. They are an inspiration. I try to figure out ways to incorporate SU! products to get the same look. This site will probably be more weighted towards SU!, and demos and customers will still look for ideas that use items they already have, but there is inspiration in ALL the beautiful and creative postings here!
Thanks for sharing your work!

Ann

Bagpuss 02-13-2005 08:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by stampingcaz
Its great reading all your replies. I didnt realise this was a SU only site, I would have never posted others if it was wrong.

It's not an SU only site! Lots of people have posted non-SU cards - it doesn't take long to work out which ones are and which ones aren't SU stamps and, as many people have said, ideas can always be adapted. Post away! :)

kathynruss 02-13-2005 08:05 AM

SU Only? Please no.

Hi, Caz. I hope you haven't done anything wrong by posting samples that aren't SU. I have noticed there is no place except personal galleries to put your up loads that have no SU connection. I love to look at samples of anything. A technique is a technique, a color scheme is a color scheme, whatever stamps are used. I own about 75% SU and the rest a miscellaneous assortment of Close to My Heart, Stampendous, Hero Arts, etc. Is this a segregated website? :? It's the best there is for organization and number of gorgeous samples. So, if we need a separate directory for non-SU, then I'm sure Daven can stick one in. Pretty please, Kathy

camsmom 02-13-2005 08:10 AM

Quote:

Is this a segregated website?
as has been said before, the site was started by an SU demo (Tracy) by her wonderful and technically advanced husband (Daven) for her Stampin' Up! business. They have allowed us all to become a prt of the community. The emphasis is on SU obviously because the creators wanted something to help her SU business-aren't we lucky that we all get to play in her wonderful Stampin' sandbox????? :D (to quote catie :wink: )

stampingcaz 02-13-2005 08:24 AM

This is a GREAT site, I am so pleased to have found it, just didnt want to "rock the board" by sending stuff that the majority didnt want to see. As I said before I do have a webshots account so I can post my other cards there. It means I will be more inspired to do more SU to share with you!

Caz