Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 09-25-2006, 05:43 PM   #1  
A LOST 4400

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Old stamping magazines-Opinions please!

Do any of you have a suggestion as to what to do with old stamping magazines? Styles change so much and I don't even know if these would be good for inspiration.
I have a lot of old Stamper Samplers that are taking up valuable space and I was wondering if they would be worth placing on eBay?
I did tear out info from some of the monthly magazines that I felt is useful and since so much of many of the magazines is advertising I did not feel bad about tossing those.
Opinions or suggestions? Thanks!!!!
Jackie G. (aka Jacquita) SCSmember #656

Write your sorrows in sand and your blessings in stone.
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-25-2006, 05:46 PM   #2  
Stazon Splitcoast

Received 20 Likes on 20 Posts

I love Stampers' Sampler! I'm thinking that you could get a few $$$ if you put them on eBay. Just make sure you are totally honest about the condition of the mags and check with the Post Office for mailing rates on printed materials (it's cheaper than 1st Class).
John 3:16
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-25-2006, 07:00 PM   #3  
Die Cut Diva

Jackie I put my old Take Ten's on ebay and they all sold for $5-$8 each. I was very happy since I would've just thrown them out. I had saved every one since the first issue...but a few months ago I was cleaning and threw some of the old ones out--don't do that! I didn't realize the early ones go for even more!! I charged $4.05 shipping for each one and put them in a flat rate envie...up to two per envie...and noone had a problem paying that (I also got free delivery confirmation). I haven't tried the Stampers Stampler yet...since they are cheaper to buy I am not sure how well they would sell. I can't seem to part with ANY of my Papercrafts though...no matter how old!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-26-2006, 06:42 AM   #4  
A LOST 4400

Thanks ladies!!!

The magazines are in very good shape so that would not be an issue. Would they go better in a group or individually? Getting something for them is better than them taking up space here.
Jackie G. (aka Jacquita) SCSmember #656

Write your sorrows in sand and your blessings in stone.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-26-2006, 07:02 AM   #5  
Polyshrink Goddess

Jackie,

I'm at exactly the same place you are regarding magazines. I'm thinking of selling them individually and then if someone wins multiple auctions combining them to ship. If you try to put two or more in one auction the weight will really drive the postage up, plus someone may only want one of the two and not want to pay the extra postage that the other weighs so it might deter them from bidding (unless it is an issue they really want for some reason) and also I think you can get more by selling them separately. When in doubt I look at the completed auctions to see what brought a good amount and how they handled the postage and all the other factors involved. Gives me a good idea of what might work for my auction. It's funny that after looking I saw most of the Creating Keepsakes and Memory Makers magazines going for $1, but then there was a Making Memories that featured Baby layouts and it went for $6 and had multiple bids, so it must have been a more desirable issue. Hey, I figure if I get only $1 it's more than I can get at Half Price Books or any other source I know of and it's better than tossing it.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-26-2006, 08:27 AM   #6  
Hardware Hotshot

I live in Canada, and I find postage for me to sell these are waaaay too high! I have skipped Ebay and taken them to my stampers 10 groups and let the girls take their pick. The left overs were taken to group homes, where others could enjoy them.

Good luck!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-26-2006, 10:06 AM   #7  
Stazon Splitcoast

I have often thought of trying ebay for my old mags and such but honestly, it gives me a headache if I seriously consider it although I know that many people do it often and easily. However, I decided that this year at my "used stamp sale", I would put out the stacks of magazine and sell them for pretty cheap to my customers. I was surprised that they went as well as they did. Now considering that I was selling mags that retailed for $5 or so for $2 each and the cheaper ones for $1, I guess I was practically "giving them away" however I didn't have to deal with ebay (whew!) and I made my customers happy (also good!) and I did get a little bit of money for them which is better than having piles of them sitting in a box being neglected at my house. I only sold the ones that were more than a couple years old and I didn't sell any of my Take Tens, would still like to find the first issue on that myself! Jan
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-26-2006, 11:27 AM   #8  
Cardstock Collector

Smile Sell them on ebay!

I sold a bunch of many years old stamp catalogs on ebay. they went like hotcakes. I also sold a bunch of somerset studios mags that were several years old. they went even faster than the catalogs. what is "out of date" to you might be new and exciting to someone else.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-26-2006, 02:42 PM   #9  
Mad Swapper

I would figure out how many would fot in a flat rate box and sell them buy the lot.

I bought 5 years worth of the Rubber Stamper from a lady and it took 2 flat rate boxes. And they fit just perfect.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-26-2006, 03:27 PM   #10  
Dirty Dozen Alumni

I take the old stamping/paper crafting magazines that I don't look thru anymore and donate them to my local library. Sometimes I just don't want to hassle with selling things, and figure it helps them out.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-26-2006, 07:13 PM   #11  
Polyshrink Goddess

Quote:

Originally Posted by PaisleyPrincess
I would figure out how many would fot in a flat rate box and sell them buy the lot.

I bought 5 years worth of the Rubber Stamper from a lady and it took 2 flat rate boxes. And they fit just perfect.

Now, that's a great idea and much quicker than selling each one individually. I might try that.
Reply With Quote Likes