Splitcoaststampers

Splitcoaststampers (https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/)
-   General Stamping Talk (https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/general-stamping-talk-17/)
-   -   Do You Have the New SU Paper Cutter (https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/general-stamping-talk-17/do-you-have-new-su-paper-cutter-20313/)

devildog 12-17-2004 02:46 AM

Do You Have the New SU Paper Cutter

Just wondering what you think of it. I thought I read of problems with it, but can't find the info now.

Thanks.

craftdoc 12-17-2004 02:47 AM

They are really very similar in design. I like the new one because my old one was getting worn out and was not giving a straight cut.

srogers5 12-17-2004 03:01 AM

Cutter

I like it much better too since the triple track design makes the blade behave. Plus, the surface is larger. It does take a bit of getting used to though, since it has a different design (larger surface), but I think it is much improved.

The only thing I am a bit concerned about is whether or not the ruler markings are going to wear off. I've noticed some wear on mine. But, I bet Fiskars would replace it if it got to the point where I couldn't see the markings.

hntwhite 12-17-2004 03:15 AM

I have one and I love it! It cuts so much straighter than the old one. I agree it does take some getting used to!

datgh 12-17-2004 03:30 AM

I wore all the numbers off the old model and Fiskars replaced it no questions asked and it's good to go again for a few more years. Now I can't justify the new one :( .

Benniesma 12-17-2004 03:50 AM

I like the new one much better. The surface is larger and it just seems a little sturdier. And I like that the surface is silver cause it makes the markings so much easier to see!

:D

devildog 12-17-2004 04:08 AM

Thanks-I'm gonna give it a try!

trburgi 12-17-2004 04:43 AM

:D I love it!!! :D but I have the Fiskars one that is purple not the one made just for SU!

malindaplace 12-17-2004 05:15 AM

I'm enjoying the performance of the new cutter, but there is a design flaw that bugs me. I always have to double check the position of my paper when cutting between 5" and 6" because of the location of the hinge on the extension ruler. I think that is annoying. It does make nice straight cuts, though!

mom2kjs 12-17-2004 05:34 AM

I really like mine...better than the Carl Cutter I bought.

ScrappinAubrey 12-17-2004 02:13 PM

I measured to 5.5 inches and used a permanent marker to mark it on the swing out arm. It makes making cards so much easier!

I LOVE this cutter! It's sooooooo much better than the old one! Much more sturdy too!

Katie Lilly 12-17-2004 02:27 PM

I was thinking of buying the Carl Cutter because you can cut more paper with it. Cookie Cutter you really like the SU one better than the Carl Cutter?

Katie Lilly 12-17-2004 02:28 PM

Oops! Kookie Creator, I mean :D

GMAX 12-17-2004 02:33 PM

I am in love with my Carls. I even used it one-handed when I was totally incapacitated.

ScrappinAubrey 12-17-2004 02:50 PM

I have a Carl cutter too. I rarely use it. Especially since I have the newSU one.

HTH!

Cathy Marie 12-17-2004 03:22 PM

Has anyone had a problem with the new SU cutter not cutting the paper with a clean cut? When I cut with mine, the edges are a little "furry" and I have to go back with a scissors. I tried to replace the blade, but it keeps happening?
Cathy Marie

CajunStamper 12-17-2004 03:33 PM

I heard that the ultrasmooth papers do that because of the high fiber content of the paper and the fibers being pushed into the track rather than being sliced cleanly. Someone suggested putting piece of plain copy paper under the ultrasmooth paper when cutting. I have done this and there is no fuzzy edge when you do that. Instead of tossing my scrap copy paper, I pile it up and use it when I cut.

My upline has a Genesis cutter and it is awesome. When I grow up (and get rich), I want one of those!

Cathy Marie 12-17-2004 11:15 PM

Thank you so much, I will definitely try that!
Cathy Marie