Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 12-03-2009, 04:27 AM   #1  
Matboard Maniac

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Just Rite Self Inking Monogram Stamp

Do any of you have this stamp that is sold in the kit? It says it is black on one side, dry on the reverse side for your favorite color. Do you like how the self inking stamp works? If you add color on the reverse side how do you change to another color?

Thanks in advance for any advise.
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-03-2009, 05:16 AM   #2  
Pearl-ExPert

Location: Wishing I was not at work but I have to pay for my hobbies some how! LOL!

I have it and it works pretty good. I have found after I put my borders and centers or letters on the stamper that I have to quickly flip it to the ink pad several times to get it inked well to get a complete image before stamping with it. I have not put another color on the reverse side since I have the wooden stamper in 1-5/8" so I could use that to make any other color.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-03-2009, 05:39 AM   #3  
Matboard Maniac

Quote:

Originally Posted by djuselessView Post
I have it and it works pretty good. I have found after I put my borders and centers or letters on the stamper that I have to quickly flip it to the ink pad several times to get it inked well to get a complete image before stamping with it. I have not put another color on the reverse side since I have the wooden stamper in 1-5/8" so I could use that to make any other color.
Thank you so much for your reply. I'm on the fence as to purchase this kit that includes the self-inking stamp. I know it would be nice to have, just was wondering how well it worked.
Thanks again
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-03-2009, 05:52 AM   #4  
Pearl-ExPert

Location: Wishing I was not at work but I have to pay for my hobbies some how! LOL!

I bought mine when they had the pink Sonnet one on clearance for about $29.95. I thought it was a great deal considering it came with a full font set, 4 borders and 4 centers that I didn't already have. So I got the self inking stamper for free and all the other items at a discount. If I don't use the stamper, I don't feel bad. Plus I always get tons of ink on me when I play with it.

I personally do not make tons of the same image, like for invitations, so it is just as easy for me to use the wooden stamper. If you are like me, you might want to consider purchasing the wooden stamper, a font and a set with borders and centers. It will cost you a little more but you know that you will be able to use it in other colors. I would also buy the 2" wooden stamper instead of the 1-5/8" one so you can use both sizes on the stamper!

Sorry, I know it is not a definite answer! I just gave you more options to make you decision more difficult!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 12-03-2009, 08:28 AM   #5  
Compulsive Stamper

Default title? what title

To use the self inking stamper, you have to have every component of your stamp flush. Because the pad is so inflexible, there can not be any variation in the relief of the surface you want inked. This could be difficult as the catch that prevents the stamp from springing back is brittle. It's hard to work at it.
Reply With Quote Likes