Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 07-20-2005, 03:28 PM   #1  
Crimping Master

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Qtn about Demo Starter Kit & other questions

I am seriously considering signing up under my Demo. I just haven't discussed this with my husband to get his agreement yet. The free inkpads are too good to pass up! I am glad I held out til now.

My question is...

Can I exchange the Heartfelt Thanks for Mixed Bouquet? I wasn't sure because the MB set is in the Mini, not the regular catalog. I just ordered the Heartfelt set from my Demo before I even paid attention to what stamp sets were in the Starter kit by default.

This is a bit off the point, but can you order individual color cardstocks, or do they only come in family colors? How many per color in a family?

What is a SU! Planner? I was offered this when I sign up also. I only plan to be a Hobby Demo.

Thanks so much for your help!
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-20-2005, 03:45 PM   #2  
Queen Shouldareadahead

Location: back in a gated community...the twins are mobile!!!!!!!

I'm not a demo yet, but I'm signing up within the next week. I, too, am glad I held out so that I could take advantage of the free ink pads!

I am curious to see what the answer is to your question about the set from the spring mini. As for the cardstock, I have the order form for the starter kit. You can exchange the bold bright cardstock assorted pack, but only for another assorted pack. The assorted packs have 3 sheets of each color included.

I don't know about the SU! Planner, either. I'm curious to hear an answer for it as well. I haven't been shown that yet. Not sure if I'll need it as I will be a hobby demo, too!

Best of luck to you with the hubby's "OK"! ;)
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-20-2005, 04:22 PM   #3  
Insane Embellisher

Have your demo check on whether you can switch the Mixed Bouget cause I can't remember. Sorry not much help on that one :rolleyes:

You can purchase cardstock in individual packs of 24 (8 1/2 x 11) and 20 (12x12) and the color family packs have 3 sheets of each color.

The planner is nice, even as a hobby demo. You never know what direction your demoship will take so this might be a good addition. You can use it as a general planner for your everyday needs as well. This is something your potential upline is offering, not SU! so I would take advantage of it.

The best of luck to you. Don't forget to sign up for the demo only forum here at SCS once you get your demo number.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-20-2005, 04:49 PM   #4  
Kar
Gabfest Goddess

you can change any sets in the starter kit as long as they are the same price!! You can't go over but you can go under! The cardstock you can only get in the color families and not individual colors. Hope that helps.
SCS member #735
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-20-2005, 04:50 PM   #5  
Creative Crew SU Design Team Alumni

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

I don't have the catalogues here right now, but if Mixed Bouquet costs the same or less than Heartfelt Thanks, you can substitute (since it is in a current mini).

HOWEVER ... if you decide to do workshops at some point in the future, Mixed Bouquet won't help you after Aug 31. I know you have said 'only hobby' - but lots of demos start 'only hobby' and change their minds ... and it's a long time until July 1 to see the next catty and find out if Mixed Bouquet made it! Just something to consider.

You also probably want to get the Scrapbooking add-on, even if you don't scrapbook much. It's only available when you are signing up - and almost everything in it (except of course the album :rolleyes: ) can be used in cardmaking if you don't scrap!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-20-2005, 07:49 PM   #6  
Stazon Splitcoast

I was going to say the same thing, Gail, lol! Even IF you are allowed to substitute a mini set, you're just better off getting a set from the main catalog. I know you say "hobby" demo, but even hobby demos do a bit of selling here and there, many more than they had originally planned! Mixed Bouquet is only available for purchase for another 6 weeks or so....

I also agree about the scrapbooking add-on. Yes, it's $50, but I know sooooo many people have kicked themselves for not getting it. I have never scrapped, but decided to get it anyway...it's such a good deal and gave me some product to show customers who DO scrapbook.

Congrats on signing up! It's really a lot of fun, and it's nice to have a business you can keep at whatever level YOU want.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-20-2005, 07:52 PM   #7  
Creative Crew SU Design Team Alumni

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

I'm one of the ones who have kicked themselves for not getting the add-on!
Reply With Quote Likes