Splitcoaststampers

Splitcoaststampers (https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/)
-   General Stamping Talk (https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/general-stamping-talk-17/)
-   -   do I *need* the IN colors? (https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/general-stamping-talk-17/do-i-%2Aneed%2A-colors-218009/)

dcmrwhitney 01-24-2007 09:41 AM

do I *need* the IN colors?

I'm debating if I should get the In colors (ink pads and refills, and c.s.) or if I should get instead some craft pads. I really like Cool caribbean, not too sure about the others.
If I don't get any In colors, am I going to regret it later? BTW, I have all the color families already.

Thanks!

Shannon13 01-24-2007 09:42 AM

I think that Cranberry Crisp is a must have!

al_silver2 01-24-2007 09:46 AM

I like using Cool Caribbean, Cran crisp and I really have a thing for Vintage Violet. The other colours I can take or leave. Once you start though, you'll have a hard time with needing to stock up! I keep asking myself how many packs of paper is enough? How many re-inkers? How sad will I be when I run out and can't get anymore? ACK!!

Babsnelson 01-24-2007 09:48 AM

I have Cran Crisp and Cool Caribbean. I have re-inkers for both and am ordering extra paper packs each month (switching off). I figure I'll have a good enough stash then and will be OK when I run out. I'm sure I'll have moved on to new colors by then :)

trishastamps 01-24-2007 09:50 AM

I think if you use them, you will be hooked! I think you must have Cranberry Crisp and Cool Caribbean!!

Stampin'_Geer 01-24-2007 09:57 AM

I say: if you like Cool Caribbean, then go for it! You only live once! to buy the ink pad and paper is so cheap! You like it, buy reinkers and more paper!

We might get a teeny tiny sneak peak at a catalogue if you are friends with your demo and she gets it before July 1...so if you don't like the new InColors for next year....buy more Cool Caribbean! ;)

kellyklp 01-24-2007 10:15 AM

Well, I got all of the in colors, and I love them all but Marigold. That is the only one I have yet to use. But, I love all of the other colors! Not sure what to tell you about them being retired, but I love them now that I can order them! And, I got the reinkers to make the markers, a must-have!

stampwithmax2 01-24-2007 10:20 AM

Get them all.....I have them and although I don't use them all the time, I know I will regret it later. Be sure to buy a pack of blender pens and the refills so you can use them as markers....

Happy Stampin'
Max

Jeanne S 01-24-2007 11:14 AM

I would get them if you like them.

handstampedhappiness 01-24-2007 11:15 AM

You HAVE to have cool Caribbean. I didn't get any of the other colors, and I don't regret it.

cdjkssss 01-24-2007 11:20 AM

I use cranberry all the time! And marigold is a perfect bridge between some of the yellows and oranges. I had the toughest time with fall colors until the marigold came along. I love them all, but these two are my favorites.

Shanon 01-24-2007 11:22 AM

I don't have any of them and I am still ok. At least I think I am ok! ;)

threeteens 01-24-2007 11:45 AM

I have Cool Caribbean and Cranberry Crisp...paper, ink pad and ink refill. I love, love, LOVE Cool Caribbean! I buy a pack of paper every time I order something because I know it will be gone once July comes!

Michellelovesscrap 01-24-2007 11:57 AM

You NEED cool caribbean! Seriously. All joking aside. You MUST add that to your order!

handstampedhappiness 01-24-2007 12:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Michellelovesscrap
You NEED cool caribbean! Seriously. All joking aside. You MUST add that to your order!

See?? I told ya!

luna 01-24-2007 01:12 PM

I only liked the cranberry and cool carribean too. I'm not going to order the others.

ckv 01-24-2007 01:22 PM

I love cran crisp, not too sure about vintage violet. It's an odd color for me. I have true thyme and have not yet used it. I think you can do without them except cran crisp. :) hehheee, just me.

Ally 01-24-2007 01:36 PM

I have them all except Marigold and Buckaroo Blue. I would also say you could do without True Thyme as it is quite close to Always Artichoke, but I absolutely adore Cool Caribbean, Cranberry Crisp and Vintage Violet!

nmslmomto3 01-24-2007 02:05 PM

I have all of them and love them, but like most everyone I use cool caribbean and cranberry crisp more often then anything. I use lots of marigold in place of summer sun now. If you are unsure, you could buy uninked spots and the reinkers and then ink them up to make your own spots and just get the paper..lol. I have used buckaroo blue least, not because I don't like it, just don't find myself using it often...lol!

diane617 01-24-2007 02:27 PM

I don't understand- vintage violet doesn't seem to have a lot of fans, but I like it a lot (and buckaroo, c crisp and caribbean) Thyme and marigold are ok-just not my faves

jcstamplady 01-24-2007 03:10 PM

The SU Designer papers seem to be made to match some of the In Colors so if you use them you might need the other stuff to match. I used a lot of the thyme and cranberry crisp at Christmas since it matched the Des. Paper. even though they are not my favorite colors. I do the the Carribean.

steubner 01-24-2007 07:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nmslmomto3
I have all of them and love them, but like most everyone I use cool caribbean and cranberry crisp more often then anything. I use lots of marigold in place of summer sun now. If you are unsure, you could buy uninked spots and the reinkers and then ink them up to make your own spots and just get the paper..lol. I have used buckaroo blue least, not because I don't like it, just don't find myself using it often...lol!

You can buy uninked spots??? WHERE? :shock: (Running off to SU Website...)

basketballmom 01-24-2007 08:41 PM

You're asking us? And you expect to get just what kind of answer?
Of COURSE! You need them! ;)

Seriously - they're awesome with the papers - and I just love Cool Caribbean - it's that extra colour to go with Tempting Turquoise - not to mention the cool colour combo in the SAB brochure - Cool Caribbean, turquoise, amethyst and lavender!

Go for it! What are you waiting for? :mrgreen:

scrapshappen 01-24-2007 09:11 PM

I love Cranberry, Buckaroo and Marigold. Throw in mellow moss and they are my favorite colors combo. I also like Caribbean, but not as much as the other three. I haven't bought Thyme or Violet but I haven't ruled it out yet either.

Joan B 01-24-2007 11:47 PM

No, you don't. To be honest, I have so much stuff I never use that I regret getting Thyme, Cranberry, Marigold and Carribbean. I particularly like the latter 2 and if you have a lot of space for storage and a lot of $$ go for it. In other words, it's a question of want vs. need!

Pr31stamper 01-25-2007 12:01 AM

How have you ladies used the vintage violet? I have used the cs but the ink stamps SO dark, i think it looks almost black! (sorry to sidenote on the thread...)
Thanks in advance,
Victoria

scrappersister 01-25-2007 12:10 AM

I like all of the colors and have purchased all of them. I find that I use Cranberry Crisp, Caribbean Blue and Vintage Violet the most. But I have used all of the other colors and will continue to as long as I can. I think that if you like all of the colors or even just some of them and want them than go for it. ;) As for the Vintage Violet ink being dark I agree with you it is. I think I have a mini card in my gallery where I used the vintage Violet.

Mary

lindylou1220 01-25-2007 02:14 AM

I got all six. Just used the last of the Vintage Violet CS and won't reorder, but I did HAVE to get more Cool Caribbean! It made me do it.

Skittl1321 01-25-2007 04:03 AM

I think some of the in colors are very pretty, but I'm going to say no. With so many trends to follow- I can't afford to buy 6 new colors every year. How would I afford a crop a dile, modge podge, mailboxes, designer paper, primas, cuttlebug etc- too?

Since you are asking- I wonder if you are waivering. If you are, I would pass. But if you just want reassurance that they are good, I think they are. If YOU want them, get them- not because everyone else does. SU's 48 are pretty rockin on their own.

stampinsweeney 01-25-2007 04:15 AM

I am loving Cool Caribbean lately. I used Crisp Cranberry and True Thyme a lot during the holiday season. Not a Vintage Violet or Marigold fan yet, but I maybe in time. I don't have the pads but do have all of the reinkers for watercoloring and coloring directly on the stamps. I will be ordering the Cool Caribbean pad this month.

Momofoneson 01-25-2007 04:49 AM

I have cranberry crisp and true thyme. I thought about getting the vintage violet, but changed my mind. I would buy the one you like.

stagccva 01-25-2007 05:02 AM

I cannot live without my In Colors. I am trying to start stocking up now, but I keep using all of the paper and having to order more! I held out and didn't ever get the ink pads, but I'm ordering them next week on my spring mini proerder - I figured if I'm this in love with them I'll be sooo sad when they are gone :cry:!!!

laxeash 01-25-2007 06:44 AM

I just bought an assorted pack. That will give me a chance to try all the colors. I'll stock up only the ones that I find an absolute must. Right now I'm leaning only towards Cool Carribean. I find that the other colors are in-between shades of existing colors. Think I can live without them but Cool Carribean is truly a different color.

stamphappykt 01-25-2007 06:49 AM

They are a must have thing! I bought the paper,ink pads and reinkers. I was not fond of the cool carribean, but I love it now!

Lisa62 01-25-2007 06:57 AM

you have to have at least cool caribbean. that is a must have if not the others. I have all of them plus the paper and reinkers.

Laurie FW 01-25-2007 06:57 AM

I love the cool carribean. I think the marigold is different enough from SU's other colors to buy it, too. I used a lot of cranberry crisp with my Christmas cards. I only bought these three ink pads and CS. I bought an assortment with the other three colors and when they are gone, I am not ordering any more. I think the buckaroo blue is close enough to brocade blue, the violet is too dark and black for me and I like artichoke and olive green much better than the thyme, although it does go well with the cranberry and the Holiday Thyme papers! Good luck deciding, I agree that the most unique color is carribean blue, it is the only *must have* to me, but then if you aren't a blue fan, you might not need it!

mytime 01-25-2007 07:01 AM

OMG! You don't have any yet?!
I LOVE ALL the colors.
Especally caribbean and marigold. Get them all! HURRY!

colee_dupont 01-25-2007 08:20 AM

Ok, I am so in the minority here, but I have not bought any In colors... and I have been collecting the craft pads and the re-inkers for the craft and classics that I already have. I just love the craft pads! But... you watch, retirement time will come and I will suddenly decide that maybe I do want the In colors and I'll be all in a hurry to stock up!!!

palval77 01-25-2007 08:44 AM

I absolutely love;
1. Cool Caribbean
2. Marigold Morning
3. Cranberry Crisp

I will buy paper and refills for these before they expire at the end of June.

chattiekathie 01-25-2007 08:58 AM

OMG! How have you lived without them! YES! You need them!