In the Forums

Register

Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter





Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads


 
Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 05-16-2007, 04:49 PM   #1  
Gabfest Goddess
 
SkyesMom's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Stamping like a crazy person
Posts: 9,008
Default Disappointed in PaperTrey

I rarely post something negative and this isnt so much a negative statement but more so wondering. First I will say that I am in love with PaperTrey and all their sets. They are a must have. You will never hear me bad mouth them. So heres my concern.

Why is it that every single month when they release the new set it is always sold out the first day. Is it because they honestly dont know how many sets they should order. Do they always order X amount of stamps sets for the release and go from there. Is it marketing? Or could it be just shear torture. LOL.
SkyesMom is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2007, 05:09 PM   #2  
immzw4
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

I honestly can't imagine they aren't trying to order enough. It's bad business to disappoint percentage of your customers every month, and selling out on the first day certainly guarantees some number of customers will be disappointed.

I don't know how clear stamps are manufactured, and I don't know when they design/create/manufacture the stamp sets, so I don't know if it's just a timing issue. But the hype for those stamps at SCS is amazing. There are so many people here are who obsessed on the 14th (I am one of those). How many more are there who don't join in here? I don't think it can be easy to prepare for a phenomenon like these stamps become every month. They are wildly successful, and I will continue to stay awake until midnight to order the new sets. They're great stamps and probably worth waiting for, but who wants to wait?

I'm sorry you didn't get your set ordered before they sold out. Hopefully each month, fewer and fewer people will be made to wait because their production schedule can better match demand.

Michelle
 
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2007, 05:14 PM   #3  
Die Cut Diva
 
housefan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Posts: 3,451
Default

I sit on my computer with items in my basket and once I see the new set I make quick adjustments and get that order in within minutes. I am fortunate to live in a western time zone so I don't have to stay up late.
housefan is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2007, 05:18 PM   #4  
Glitter Guru
 
AmyR's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Saskatchewan, Canada
Posts: 9,337
Default

I am not directly involved in the ordering/shipping/stock aspect with Papertrey - but personallt I think it's hard (nigh on impossible) to really be able to gauge how popular something will be - there is a good chance that they DID have a lot more in stock this time - look at this: http:////www.splitcoaststampers.com/...6&postcount=20

Just my .02 (which doesn't count for much LOL!! Hopefully someone with more knowledge in this area can weigh in!! )
__________________
Amy
bloggallery
AmyR is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2007, 05:52 PM   #5  
Gabfest Goddess
 
SkyesMom's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Stamping like a crazy person
Posts: 9,008
Default

Quote:

Originally Posted by immzw4
I honestly can't imagine they aren't trying to order enough. It's bad business to disappoint percentage of your customers every month, and selling out on the first day certainly guarantees some number of customers will be disappointed.

I don't know how clear stamps are manufactured, and I don't know when they design/create/manufacture the stamp sets, so I don't know if it's just a timing issue. But the hype for those stamps at SCS is amazing. There are so many people here are who obsessed on the 14th (I am one of those). How many more are there who don't join in here? I don't think it can be easy to prepare for a phenomenon like these stamps become every month. They are wildly successful, and I will continue to stay awake until midnight to order the new sets. They're great stamps and probably worth waiting for, but who wants to wait?

I'm sorry you didn't get your set ordered before they sold out. Hopefully each month, fewer and fewer people will be made to wait because their production schedule can better match demand.

Michelle
Me too I stalk for hours. I hope each month it gets better.
SkyesMom is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2007, 05:54 PM   #6  
Gabfest Goddess
 
SkyesMom's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Stamping like a crazy person
Posts: 9,008
Default

Quote:

Originally Posted by AmyR
I am not directly involved in the ordering/shipping/stock aspect with Papertrey - but personallt I think it's hard (nigh on impossible) to really be able to gauge how popular something will be - there is a good chance that they DID have a lot more in stock this time - look at this: http:////www.splitcoaststampers.com/...6&postcount=20

Just my .02 (which doesn't count for much LOL!! Hopefully someone with more knowledge in this area can weigh in!! )
Thank you Amy, that helps.
SkyesMom is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2007, 06:13 PM   #7  
Polyshrink Goddess
 
Papertrey Ink's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Posts: 565
Default Papertrey Backorder Issues

I just wanted to publicly post some information for all of our loyal customers regarding Papertrey's repeated backorder issue.

We revealed our very first stamp set on February 15th, which was astoundingly a mere 3 months ago. Stamps were not originally going to be the main focus of our company; we looked at it as a fun opportunity to be involved with industry we love so much. From the very first debut in February, the response has been staggering. We have since decided to alter our business plan and focus on stamping. With each new release, we DOUBLE the number of stamp sets available in comparison to the release prior. In most businesses, this would be more than sufficient. Yet we gain so many NEW customers with each debut, our stock seems to disappear overnight (literally!). We are SO appreciate of all of the wonderful people who have supported us by purchasing our stamp sets. We hope that you understand how difficult it is to predict the rate of growth we continue to see each month.

The company that is manufacturing our stamps is fabulous and only has a two-week turn around time. So in most cases, you will never have to wait more than two weeks for a back ordered stamp set. I know two weeks may seem like eons when you are patiently waiting for something you are SO excited about, but in this industry it is a blessing to have a company bending over backwards to help us out and replenish our stock as soon as possible.

I wanted to let you ALL know that we realize how frustrating the backorder issue can be, and it is one of our MAIN business goals to prevent it in the future. We hope you will be patient with us as we are getting accustomed to our "growing pains". Thanks again for all of your support and patience!

~Nichole
Papertrey Ink
www.papertreyink.com
Papertrey Ink is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2007, 06:16 PM   #8  
Sassy Shani
 
Shanon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: My beach house
Posts: 72,409
Default

Hugs Nichole. I feel so bad that "some" people make you feel that you HAVE to come on here and explain yourself.
You are doing a wonderful job. Keep up the great work!
Shanon is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2007, 06:44 PM   #9  
Die Cut Diva
 
MWDStamp's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Atlanta suburbs
Posts: 3,904
Default

I think you need to be a bit more patient. Papertrey is a new business, as the post above states this is not what they had planned. I'm sure they had no idea how their stamps would fly off the shelves. And the number of people buying their stamps just continues to grow. I bet they never thought that people would sit on SCS hours before the reveal "talking" about how many hours to go until they can order. I'm sure they are trying as hard as they can to make sure they have enough stamps, but again they are a new business and trying to estimate with only 3 months of experience is hard to do. I think what they have done is amazing. Congrat's to them.
__________________
Martha
"When you recover or discover something that nourishes your soul and brings joy, care enough about yourself to make room for it in your life." Jean Shinoda Bolen
MWDStamp is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2007, 06:44 PM   #10  
Rubber Obsessor
 
MsMoxie58's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Maryland
Posts: 335
Default

I would never expect a small (particularly a new) company to make the initial outlay to carry a large inventory, or to risk having to carry a large inventory. Short-term back orders (with some companies) or longer shipping times (with others) are a worthwhile trade-off to have new creative young companies.
MsMoxie58 is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2007, 06:51 PM   #11  
Die Cut Diva
 
myhappyplace's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: doing laundry
Posts: 3,229
Default

I guess it's sort of my fault...I'm one of those people that just ordered for the first time It must be hard as a small business to know how much of something to order to keep people happy but not so much that you're stuck with a lot of leftover.
myhappyplace is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2007, 06:51 PM   #12  
Kookie Creator
 
bjtstamper's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Nampa, Idaho
Posts: 569
Default

Judging from the number of people who were stalking the site at midnight to get their orders in, it does not surprise me that they sold out so quickly. I didn't get my order in so I will have to wait, but I am very excited to get mine and start playing!
__________________
Wife of Greg & Mom of 5 GREAT kids!!!
Being a mother is like taking your heart out of your chest and watching it walk around.
MY BLOG
bjtstamper is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2007, 06:54 PM   #13  
Die Cut Diva
 
housefan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Posts: 3,451
Default

LOL, Ladies! We are the reason they can barely keep up!! I guess it is good news for them AND good news for us that we love these new stamps so much that we stay up to see them the SECOND they hit the internet even if it means going to work with dark circles under our eyes the next day. This is a win-win deal, folks!!
housefan is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2007, 06:59 PM   #14  
Matboard Maniac
 
kluvsj711's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: World's most beautiful beaches
Posts: 394
Default

I think that we forget that they are a brand new company. Their work ethic, products, website, customer service, packaging, etc. are all top notch so it's easy to believe that they've been in business a long time. I also don't know of another company that communicates so often with their customers. I always feel like they care because they know that I want to know WHEN product will be back in stock and they give us those dates. I see posts all the time of people never receiving their order and then not being able to get the company to call them back. Papertrey responds so quickly to all inquiries.
Papertrey~ you're doing a fantastic job! I'll stick with you through the growing pains
kluvsj711 is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2007, 07:06 PM   #15  
Gabfest Goddess
 
SkyesMom's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Stamping like a crazy person
Posts: 9,008
Default

Quote:

Originally Posted by silverBstamper
I just wanted to publicly post some information for all of our loyal customers regarding Papertrey's repeated backorder issue.

We revealed our very first stamp set on February 15th, which was astoundingly a mere 3 months ago. Stamps were not originally going to be the main focus of our company; we looked at it as a fun opportunity to be involved with industry we love so much. From the very first debut in February, the response has been staggering. We have since decided to alter our business plan and focus on stamping. With each new release, we DOUBLE the number of stamp sets available in comparison to the release prior. In most businesses, this would be more than sufficient. Yet we gain so many NEW customers with each debut, our stock seems to disappear overnight (literally!). We are SO appreciate of all of the wonderful people who have supported us by purchasing our stamp sets. We hope that you understand how difficult it is to predict the rate of growth we continue to see each month.

The company that is manufacturing our stamps is fabulous and only has a two-week turn around time. So in most cases, you will never have to wait more than two weeks for a back ordered stamp set. I know two weeks may seem like eons when you are patiently waiting for something you are SO excited about, but in this industry it is a blessing to have a company bending over backwards to help us out and replenish our stock as soon as possible.

I wanted to let you ALL know that we realize how frustrating the backorder issue can be, and it is one of our MAIN business goals to prevent it in the future. We hope you will be patient with us as we are getting accustomed to our "growing pains". Thanks again for all of your support and patience!

~Nichole
Papertrey Ink
www.papertreyink.com
Thanks for answering Nichole.

Everyone please note I was just wondering why. Thats all I love their sets and will continue to buy their sets.
SkyesMom is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2007, 07:07 PM   #16  
Sassy Shani
 
Shanon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: My beach house
Posts: 72,409
Default

Me thinks me is gonna pass out. Did we agree on something? Should I go back and re-read?
Quote:

Originally Posted by housefan
LOL, Ladies! We are the reason they can barely keep up!! I guess it is good news for them AND good news for us that we love these new stamps so much that we stay up to see them the SECOND they hit the internet even if it means going to work with dark circles under our eyes the next day. This is a win-win deal, folks!!
Shanon is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2007, 07:09 PM   #17  
Gabfest Goddess
 
SkyesMom's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Stamping like a crazy person
Posts: 9,008
Default

Quote:

Originally Posted by housefan
LOL, Ladies! We are the reason they can barely keep up!! I guess it is good news for them AND good news for us that we love these new stamps so much that we stay up to see them the SECOND they hit the internet even if it means going to work with dark circles under our eyes the next day. This is a win-win deal, folks!!
Im one of them stalking the site until midnight. Thank God its EST and PST. LOL.
SkyesMom is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2007, 07:20 PM   #18  
Gabfest Goddess
 
Cynamom's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Chicago suburbs
Posts: 7,638
Default

How do you know if what you ordered is on back order? I ordered mid-day Tuesday, and it was all still available. I paid with PayPal. I recived an order number, but not a shipping number, but I know Nichole said numbers might not be available. I am FINE waiting, but I would just like to know if they're on backorder .... I've got a project I was going to use them on soon, but if they're not coming soon, I can make a Plan B. Anyone know how their backorders work?
Cynamom is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2007, 07:30 PM   #19  
Sassy Shani
 
Shanon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: My beach house
Posts: 72,409
Default

If the item went into your cart and you paid then they should be available. HTH
Quote:

Originally Posted by Cynamom
How do you know if what you ordered is on back order? I ordered mid-day Tuesday, and it was all still available. I paid with PayPal. I recived an order number, but not a shipping number, but I know Nichole said numbers might not be available. I am FINE waiting, but I would just like to know if they're on backorder .... I've got a project I was going to use them on soon, but if they're not coming soon, I can make a Plan B. Anyone know how their backorders work?
Shanon is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2007, 07:37 PM   #20  
Gabfest Goddess
 
Cynamom's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Chicago suburbs
Posts: 7,638
Default

Thanks, Shanon. It seems that should be the case, but you know, it's not a perfect science!! They all went to my cart and were paid for, so hopefully they are on their way or will be soon!
Cynamom is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2007, 07:48 PM   #21  
Compulsive Stamper
 
nvr2grn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Sunny...Colton, California
Posts: 186
Default

Quote:

Originally Posted by MsMoxie58
I would never expect a small (particularly a new) company to make the initial outlay to carry a large inventory, or to risk having to carry a large inventory. Short-term back orders (with some companies) or longer shipping times (with others) are a worthwhile trade-off to have new creative young companies.
What she said!
__________________
Kelly
nvr2grn is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2007, 07:56 PM   #22  
Crimping Master
 
Dotty's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Where the Kookaburra's sit in the old gum tree's...
Posts: 8,247
Default

Quote:

Originally Posted by silverBstamper
I just wanted to publicly post some information for all of our loyal customers regarding Papertrey's repeated backorder issue.

We revealed our very first stamp set on February 15th, which was astoundingly a mere 3 months ago. Stamps were not originally going to be the main focus of our company; we looked at it as a fun opportunity to be involved with industry we love so much. From the very first debut in February, the response has been staggering. We have since decided to alter our business plan and focus on stamping. With each new release, we DOUBLE the number of stamp sets available in comparison to the release prior. In most businesses, this would be more than sufficient. Yet we gain so many NEW customers with each debut, our stock seems to disappear overnight (literally!). We are SO appreciate of all of the wonderful people who have supported us by purchasing our stamp sets. We hope that you understand how difficult it is to predict the rate of growth we continue to see each month.

The company that is manufacturing our stamps is fabulous and only has a two-week turn around time. So in most cases, you will never have to wait more than two weeks for a back ordered stamp set. I know two weeks may seem like eons when you are patiently waiting for something you are SO excited about, but in this industry it is a blessing to have a company bending over backwards to help us out and replenish our stock as soon as possible.

I wanted to let you ALL know that we realize how frustrating the backorder issue can be, and it is one of our MAIN business goals to prevent it in the future. We hope you will be patient with us as we are getting accustomed to our "growing pains". Thanks again for all of your support and patience!

~Nichole
Papertrey Ink
www.papertreyink.com
Nichole,
First of all THANK YOU for posting this for everyone to understand. I personally love your products and am THRILLED for Papertrey Ink! I am also happy that this portion of your business has taken off like a rocket! It speaks volumes about the quality of your product, the style in which you have made your sets so versatile and with that appeal ~ sends us into a "GOTTA-have-it-NOW" frenzy! We are very lucky to have your products manufactured with a 2 week turn around!! I honestly don't know how anyone could predict quantities ahead of time; because as you stated above, you gain many more customers with each debut. One thing is obvious, as each debut approaches ~ the excitement of it builds as well and your sneak peek's keep us wanting more! I don't mind if I have to wait for my order ~ it gives me an opportunity to see what others are creating with it and I enjoy seeing how people view the stamp uses differently than I do. For anyone wondering; I am not in any way affiliated with Papertrey Ink, I am just a very happy customer!
Dotty
__________________
There are many things in life that will catch your eye, but few will catch your heart. Pursue those.....
Dotty is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2007, 08:13 PM   #23  
Glitter Guru
 
erika's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: beautiful oregon
Posts: 6,276
Default

I LOVE PAPERTREY!!!

Just had to throw a cheer in!

Even tho I found it curious that I hadn't received a delivery confirmation email, I knew it HAD to be a glitch and I had nothing to worry about. One of the things I love about this company is their AMAZING customer service. The attention to detail is phenomenal.

I'm one of the fans who waits up for the reveal and orders as soon as I can just to make sure I have the stamps in my hot little hands as soon as possible, hoping to beat the backorder!!! But I love the product so much I'd be willing to wait!! And I also know that because they're customer service is so fab they'd get it to me as fast as possible.

I love this company!! (and I'm not affiliated in any way either.....but maybe I should be!)
__________________
-erika
Superman wears Jack Bauer pajamas.
my gallery
my blog
erika is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2007, 09:52 PM   #24  
Gabfest Goddess
 
Gina K. Designs's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 7,494
Default

From a business standpoint, it is so hard for a company to judge how much of a product to prepare for. Sounds like Nichole and her partners are doing a great job of hitting very close to the mark and with the fast turn around time from their manufacturer, no one has to wait forever.

I applaude the original poster, (Sarah), for her very classy way of sharing her frustration about a situation without saying anything negative about the product or the company. In fact, she eloquently stated how much she loves the product and will continue to purchase it.

It's such a wonderful thing we have here at SCS. It's a great place to share frustrations with friends as well as applaude those who are provide us with quality products and services.

And Nichole, congratulations on your success!

Hugs,
Gina K.
__________________
My Blog and StampTV

Be polite to those who are rude to you. Not because they are nice, but because you are.
Gina K. Designs is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2007, 02:25 AM   #25  
Polyshrink Goddess
 
Sillybird's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Dorset, England, United Kingdom
Posts: 1,132
Default

hiya Nichole if you are reading this, just being nosy really having read your reply, what were Papertray going to be going into then if it wasn't primarily stamps? was it different papers etc?
__________________
Have a happy day

My blog - http://sillybirds.blogspot.com/
Sillybird is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2007, 03:44 AM   #26  
Pearl-ExPert
 
StampingV's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Racing with Kasey! Go #9
Posts: 3,774
Default

I never get the stamps the first time around but it doesn't take them too long to get them back in. I just got the ribbon and the green thumb set, so I'll just play with those until the little lady is in!

V
StampingV is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2007, 03:59 AM   #27  
Die Cut Diva
 
MWDStamp's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Atlanta suburbs
Posts: 3,904
Default

Quote:

Originally Posted by SkyesMom
Everyone please note I was just wondering why. Thats all I love their sets and will continue to buy their sets.
But you started a thread titled "Disappointed in Papertrey" which is kind of harsh if you were just wondering. There are so many happy customers out there that felt by the title they needed to defend Papertrey. Maybe next time use a different title. Just a thought...
__________________
Martha
"When you recover or discover something that nourishes your soul and brings joy, care enough about yourself to make room for it in your life." Jean Shinoda Bolen
MWDStamp is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2007, 05:08 AM   #28  
Gabfest Goddess
 
Skittl1321's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Coralville, Iowa
Posts: 9,164
Default

Quote:

Originally Posted by MWDStamp
But you started a thread titled "Disappointed in Papertrey" which is kind of harsh if you were just wondering. There are so many happy customers out there that felt by the title they needed to defend Papertrey. Maybe next time use a different title. Just a thought...
I don't think it is harsh at all. She is disappointed. I don't understand why people are so upset when someone has something slightly negative to say. SCS is here for us to express our opinions, positive or negative. She didn't say anything to bash PaperTrey as a company- merely that she was disappointed how quickly they sold out. I think the OP did a great job of wording it in a productive manor that got her point across without being rude.

I can't wait to see what else they release- this is a definetly a company to watch! (But I haven't ordered yet...)
Skittl1321 is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2007, 05:16 AM   #29  
Die Cut Diva
 
housefan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Posts: 3,451
Default

Not harsh. Politely honest and needing an answer. She got a lovely answer.
housefan is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2007, 05:22 AM   #30  
immzw4
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Not to hijack the thread or anything, but UPS will be delivering my stamps this afternoon!! Woo-hoo!

Another testament to the amazing service this company provides. To get that many orders in one evening and then to have it in the customers' hands two days later is astounding!

As for the OP (to bring it back), I didn't think it was harsh. The title intrigued me, and I don't think I responded harshly either. SCS has to be the very best marketing tool, and all the stamping companies should be singing praises to the SCS staff for the free advertising that results in all these products selling out so quickly - look at the punches, as one of the most recent events.

I can't wait to get my new stamps! Papertrey has the best fonts and styles for sentiments I've ever seen.

Michelle
 
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2007, 05:22 AM   #31  
Gallery Gazer
 
Inkalicious's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Mission Viejo, CALIF
Posts: 7,651
Default

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sillybird
hiya Nichole if you are reading this, just being nosy really having read your reply, what were Papertray going to be going into then if it wasn't primarily stamps? was it different papers etc?
Note Cards- http://www.papertreyink.com/pop_couture.html
http://www.papertreyink.com/polka_jotz.html
Holiday cards- http://www.papertreyink.com/holiday.html
__________________
blog
My SU! Website
SCS Gallery

SA Sistah -Original Swappers Anonymous!
Inkalicious is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2007, 05:34 AM   #32  
Gabfest Goddess
 
Cynamom's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Chicago suburbs
Posts: 7,638
Default

OMG, not harsh at all! If you can't say you're "disappointed" in something, what is this world coming to, I guess. We just need to be careful not to overreact on the words alone, but to really digest the sentiment the words are relating.
Cynamom is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2007, 05:43 AM   #33  
Gabfest Goddess
 
SkyesMom's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Stamping like a crazy person
Posts: 9,008
Default

Quote:

Originally Posted by GinaK
From a business standpoint, it is so hard for a company to judge how much of a product to prepare for. Sounds like Nichole and her partners are doing a great job of hitting very close to the mark and with the fast turn around time from their manufacturer, no one has to wait forever.

I applaude the original poster, (Sarah), for her very classy way of sharing her frustration about a situation without saying anything negative about the product or the company. In fact, she eloquently stated how much she loves the product and will continue to purchase it.

It's such a wonderful thing we have here at SCS. It's a great place to share frustrations with friends as well as applaude those who are provide us with quality products and services.

And Nichole, congratulations on your success!

Hugs,
Gina K.
Thank You Gina for understanding what I was trying to say.
SkyesMom is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2007, 05:46 AM   #34  
Crimping Master
 
DRStamper's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Posts: 3,146
Default

This company is amazing for being a new company ... especially their customer service, which to me, will keep me returning to this company. My GF and I ordered several items from another company 2 months and received everything but one item. When we received the other items the receipt informed us one item was on backorder. The company did not tell us the item was on backorder when we placed our order and charged us for the item at that time. Repeated calls to the company and e-mails went unanswered until earlier this week when they finally sent an e-mail saying the item was now in stock and would be shipped within the next few days.
__________________
Michele
May Goals: 0/10 *** 2018 Year Total: 28
DRStamper is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2007, 05:52 AM   #35  
Die Cut Diva
 
housefan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Posts: 3,451
Default

I agree about amazing customer service. I emailed them last month after I placed my order and had a response within 15 minutes LATE at night to boot.
Everything about this company is so classy from their blogs, to their stamps,to packaging, to service, to the versatility of these products. I find their prices to be excellent, shipping is fast. There is NOTHING I have seen that isn't done in the best way possible.
housefan is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2007, 05:52 AM   #36  
Die Cut Diva
 
housefan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Posts: 3,451
Default

Also-- Got my Paper Crafts magazine yesterday and had no idea that Nichole was in any way connected there. What a surprise!
housefan is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2007, 06:37 AM   #37  
Die Cut Diva
 
myhappyplace's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: doing laundry
Posts: 3,229
Default

Quote:

Originally Posted by SkyesMom
I rarely post something negative and this isnt so much a negative statement but more so wondering. First I will say that I am in love with PaperTrey and all their sets. They are a must have. You will never hear me bad mouth them. So heres my concern.

Why is it that every single month when they release the new set it is always sold out the first day. Is it because they honestly dont know how many sets they should order. Do they always order X amount of stamps sets for the release and go from there. Is it marketing? Or could it be just shear torture. LOL.
I think the OP made it a point to not sound harsh, we shouldn't have to censor ourselves just because the owner or employee of a company reads posts. I'm sure we've said stuff about cricut and Michaels and Marvy here also.
myhappyplace is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2007, 06:39 AM   #38  
Die Cut Diva
 
housefan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Posts: 3,451
Default

I agree. Actually a good company WANTS people to speak up about what bugs them because they know that there are hundreds for each person who speaks up that feel the same way and stay silent and possibly don't buy again. Those who carry on about hurting the owners' feelings don't understand that it is good business practice to find out what annoys their customers.
housefan is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2007, 06:55 AM   #39  
Gabfest Goddess
 
Cynamom's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Chicago suburbs
Posts: 7,638
Default

Right. And you have to remember that while we, here, "get it" as far as what is going on with them right now (lots of orders and keeping up), there are people that DON'T come to SCS and might order, and not be happy with some of these things and might not be as understanding. Any company that is lucky enough to have feedback (positive for the most part, but then a few suggestions for improvement, too) that will help them become better overall is really lucky. You can pay LOADS of money (marketing) for that very info!

Cindy
Cynamom is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2007, 10:47 AM   #40  
Bunny's SunnyChick
 
stampin-sunnychick's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: In the South! ;o)
Posts: 20,608
Default

OMG go back and check your mags...Nichole does the Stampin 101 and has done so for quite some time...She has been with Paper Crafts since they first began. Her creations in the mag are truly amazing. ENJOY checking those old mags out...

Back to the topic...

and thanks Nichole! Paper Trey ROCKS and WE are lovin it!

Quote:

Originally Posted by housefan
Also-- Got my Paper Crafts magazine yesterday and had no idea that Nichole was in any way connected there. What a surprise!
__________________
Tracy H. #31511=)
"The beginning is always today!" Mary Shelley

stampin-sunnychick is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Reply





Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off