Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 07-31-2009, 03:48 PM   #41  
Gabfest Goddess

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I have never had to use a sealer when coloring with Copics. It's only necessary when using water-based mediums.
I also don't spend much time printing out the images. I fill a page, print it out, and I'm done. I go back to my stamping area and cut apart the images. I keep them in a small envelope on my desk until I'm ready to work with them.
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-31-2009, 04:32 PM   #42  
Polyshrink Goddess

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Well, to me, I consider digital images either clipart or digital brushes, but not really stamps. clipart. I use digital images for some things, and stamps for some things. I guess I do not consider the digi images to actually BE stamps though. I think rubber stamps and digi images each have their advantages and disadvantages.

Rubber: Can emboss, use different kinds of inks, can stamp on things that are not thin and flat, can use different techniques.

Digi: Can resize, easier to store, cheaper, get a perfect image everytime.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-31-2009, 05:39 PM   #43  
Watercolor Wizard

Interesting discussion. I agree with JulieHRR...whatever floats your creative boat is wonderful for you. Go with your flow.

I personally have no interest in digi stamps/clip art because I spend enough time at my computer writing (and posting here at SCS!), and my craft room is upstairs, not on the main floor with my computer. I like the hands-on of real stamps 'cause it makes me feel like I'm in kindergarten again. Gosh, that was so much fun...and so very long ago!

I'm the same way with digi scrapbooking. People make awesome pages on their computer that make my jaw hit the floor, but I still like cutting and pasting. It makes me happy.

It's all good for somebody!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-31-2009, 05:46 PM   #44  
Mad Swapper

Quote:

Originally Posted by deeth1View Post
Someone on another board said you cannot use Copics with a sealer or you will ruin them. Anyone know FOR SURE if a sealer is absolutely safe to use when you plan to color images with Copic markers?
I know Mel from Melstampz raves about a product called Microglaze (a pasty like substance that you rub over your image after its been printed) and I know she uses Copics to color after applying the Microglaze and have had success. I am not sure about the spray sealers that some people use.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-31-2009, 06:08 PM   #45  
Pearl-ExPert

i rarely stamp an image on a page, colour it then cut it out. i will combine it with other stamps, draw a background, etc etc, and i would just NOT have the creative process that rubber/photo polymer allows me to have if i was using clipart on the computer. The whole process of placing images in different places in concert with different stamps is a process I love and do not want to give up. I will not go digital and have to admit that i don't really take a second look at digital images.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-31-2009, 06:28 PM   #46  
Hardware Hotshot

I love, love, love the "act" of stamping....I love two-step stamps, I love wood mounted and the challange that comes with it, I love to emboss...That's the BEST part of making the card for me. So digital just is not for me.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-31-2009, 09:02 PM   #47  
Stampin' Fool

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I love that you posted this. I am only a part-time stamper; I spend lots of time quilting and sewing too. I don't have room for bunches of stamps - fabric takes up so much more room than stamps, so I love the clear cling stamps and would love to do more digital stamping. I also do a lot of computer-generated sentiments. It's still all card-making, and I love the process of making the card more than the stamping itself. It's also a lot like sewing, in that I get to choose all the colors, supplies, textures, etc. I think lots more would like digital stamping if they tried it.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-31-2009, 09:12 PM   #48  
Stampin' Fool

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I will also say that I get frustrated at not having the exact sentiment or image or saying for inside the card right at my fingertips! It's another reason I do most of my word items on the computer. I can say anything I want and personalize it so easy that way.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-01-2009, 04:10 AM   #49  
Kookie Creator

This is an interesting thread. My daughter and I launched our first set of digital stamps a few days ago. I was on the fence about digital, until I actually printed out the designs and worked with them. I found it so easy to print an image onto designer paper and paper-piece with it. It seemed like my cards came together quickly!

However, I will never give up my traditional stamps. I love to stamp with ink and rubber/photopolymer. I think it goes back many years to when I was a kid and my mother carved up potatoes to create stamps, and let us kids stamp with food coloring! Loved stamping then, and still love it today.

For me, I like that I don't have to limit myself to one way of getting an image/sentiment to paper. They are both fun. Do your crafting the way that is most fun for you!

Ann
BeanPodFrogShop blog
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-01-2009, 04:30 AM   #50  
Pearl-ExPert

I love 'em all! Digital, clear, rubber - I use them all. Sometimes I even use them together on the same project.... what can I tell you, I love to life on the edge!!

There is no right or wrong IMHO, it's however the muse moves you.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-01-2009, 05:49 AM   #51  
Die Cut Diva

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post

Quote:

Originally Posted by Happy HeartView Post
I have never had to use a sealer when coloring with Copics. It's only necessary when using water-based mediums.
Hmmm..... wonder why both of my printers are so awful and yours are printing them without a problem. Do you have a laser or inkjet printer?
( From what I understand, the lasers work differently and burn the ink into the paper while the inkjet sprays the paper with ink. Might explain whats happening.)

I have a HP Inkjet and a Kodak all in one inkjet. Both use pigment inks. I have attached a photo of a Dustin Pike digi image I printed a couple of days ago. It had plenty of time to dry and was heat set before I used my Copics on it this morning. As you can see from the photo, both the yellow and fleshtone Copic colors made a real mess of the black ink.

So far I can't find any brand of sealer that guarantee me it's safe to use under my Copics. So the only option for me if I want to use digi stamps is to buy a new Laser printer. I priced them and just can't afford one as my budget is tight and I can't justify buying a new printer just to play with digi stamps (I have no other need for it).

I also have the option of printing them out and driving 25 minutes each way to my nearest print shop so they can laser copy them for me. I would really have to love the artwork to do that though.
Attached Thumbnails
Digital Prejudice?-copic-markers-003.jpg  
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-01-2009, 05:58 AM   #52  
Mad Swapper

Quote:

Hmmm..... wonder why both of my printers are so awful and yours are printing them without a problem. Do you have a laser or inkjet printer?
( From what I understand, the lasers work differently and burn the ink into the paper while the inkjet sprays the paper with ink. Might explain whats happening.)

I have a HP Inkjet and a Kodak all in one inkjet. Both use pigment inks. I have attached a photo of a Dustin Pike digi image I printed a couple of days ago. It had plenty of time to dry and was heat set before I used my Copics on it this morning. As you can see from the photo, both the yellow and fleshtone Copic colors made a real mess of the black ink.

So far I can't find any brand of sealer that guarantee me it's safe to use under my Copics. So the only option for me if I want to use digi stamps is to buy a new Laser printer. I priced them and just can't afford one as my budget is tight and I can't justify buying a new printer just to play with digi stamps (I have no other need for it).

I also have the option of printing them out and driving 25 minutes each way to my nearest print shop so they can laser copy them for me. I would really have to love the artwork to do that though.

I am not all that familiar with printer ink, but I use a Canon Pixma MP460 printer. The ink seems to dry pretty fast, but I still heat set just in case. I've really had no problems at all watercoloring or using prisma pencils blended with baby oil. It seems to me that if your printer is using pigment ink that the ink stays wet longer (just like the regular pigment stamp pads).

I've yet to try this, but Mel from MelStampz usually heat embosses her images or uses Microglaze (pasty substance you rub over the image) after the image is printed. If your ink stays wet long enough for you to heat emboss, then that might be the way to go. OR you can always see about using photo ink made especially for printing photos (I know many people who have had success with that).

For me, I try to be very careful not to go over the lines or anything that is a solid black color on the image to avoid smearing. If there is a little bit of smearing, I use my special eraser or blender pencil to take the smear away or white pencil.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-01-2009, 06:11 AM   #53  
Pearl-ExPert

Received 23 Likes on 16 Posts

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cathy'sFancyView Post
I will also say that I get frustrated at not having the exact sentiment or image or saying for inside the card right at my fingertips! It's another reason I do most of my word items on the computer. I can say anything I want and personalize it so easy that way.
I too have this problem. But, I use a different approach. I actually use my hands and write the sentiment. ;)
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-01-2009, 06:22 AM   #54  
Die Cut Diva

Quote:

Originally Posted by a1r601View Post
I am not all that familiar with printer ink, but I use a Canon Pixma MP460 printer. The ink seems to dry pretty fast, but I still heat set just in case. I've really had no problems at all watercoloring or using prisma pencils blended with baby oil. It seems to me that if your printer is using pigment ink that the ink stays wet longer (just like the regular pigment stamp pads).

I've yet to try this, but Mel from MelStampz usually heat embosses her images or uses Microglaze (pasty substance you rub over the image) after the image is printed. If your ink stays wet long enough for you to heat emboss, then that might be the way to go. OR you can always see about using photo ink made especially for printing photos (I know many people who have had success with that).
Thanks, I'll check out the Microglaze. The problem I find with some of these sealers or artist fixes is that they have wax in the formula which is what seals the paper and ink. My understanding from the Copic website is that you shouldn't use any wax under your markers. That's why they recommend you use your Copic markers first then go over them with Prismacolor pencils to shade. There is wax in the Prismacolor pencil and they warn that it can mess up your Copics by using the Prismacolor pencils first. Since it took me almost a year to get enough money saved up so that I could buy all my Copics, I sure don't want to do anything to mess them up.

While I understand that you can fix the problem by embossing the images by going over them with a Versamark pen and using a heat gun and embossing powder, that's more work than I want to put into using a digi image.

So I guess what I'm saying is if it doesn't work as easily for me as inking up a rubber stamp with Memento ink then coloring, I just can't get too excited about using them.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-01-2009, 06:50 AM   #55  
Hardware Hotshot

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I never saw anyone comment in a negative way on any cards made with digitals. I don't think if anyone says they don't like them they mean to offend anyone.

I personally love digis, rubber and clear stamps alike, as long as I like the image, it doesn't matter to me which medium it comes in. I do want my digis to have a high quality output though, at some time I tried printing a cute clip art image off the computer and it was all pixely, not the quality I was looking for.

I usually always combine digital with regular stamping, because the digitals I use usually require coloring, then there might be a flourish I want to use on the same card and those type of things I use in actual stamps. The sentiment I mostly stamp too, unless I have something specific in mind, then I type it up and print.

Plus I always print mine ahead and keep in my box with other swapped regular stamped images. So I don't need the computer when I paper craft.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-01-2009, 07:09 AM   #56  
Die Cut Diva

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts

Quote:

this same issue came up about a month ago. It turned out to be the paper. You need to make sure that the paper is porous enough to accept the ink and absorb it! Some of the "higher quality" papers that we use for copics are not printer ink/copic friendly no matter how much you heat it or let it dry. They have a really smooth surface and a sheen to them. This is what allows the ink to smear. I use the GP 110 from walmart with generic ink in my HP printer. My copics don't bleed with this, my less expensive Marvy's do still bleed though. I've used watercoloring, Twinkling H2O's, markers, stickles (carefully), gamsol, and they all work nicely.

Previously, I sent a gal on SCS some images printed on the GP. If you would like some, PM me your addy and I'll get a few together for you to try and see if the paper makes a difference.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-01-2009, 07:14 AM   #57  
Gabfest Goddess

"Hmmm..... wonder why both of my printers are so awful and yours are printing them without a problem. Do you have a laser or inkjet printer?
( From what I understand, the lasers work differently and burn the ink into the paper while the inkjet sprays the paper with ink. Might explain whats happening.)"

I have an HP PSC 750 inkjet. I use PTI white CS. My images only smear when I try to use water-based mediums. In that case I use a spray sealer.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-01-2009, 07:21 AM   #58  
Mad Swapper

Quote:

Originally Posted by STAMPINGODDESSView Post
MY opinion is that I don't care for digital stamps.
I feel so ignorant. Please, what are digital stamps? Are they like clip art images, but blank so you can color them in the way you like? Do you color them with ink, pencils, etc., or do you use a type of program to add color to the images.

I'm familiar with images you can print out on your printer and use on scrapbook pages or cards, but I don't know what "digital stamps" are.

Just want to make sure I'm not missing out on something fun.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-01-2009, 07:33 AM   #59  
Gabfest Goddess

They are high quality digital images designed for paper crafting that you print out and color manually with any medium of your choice. I refrain from calling them 'stamps' because it seems to upset many people. LOL!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-01-2009, 08:04 AM   #60  
Mad Swapper

Quote:

They are high quality digital images designed for paper crafting that you print out and color manually with any medium of your choice. I refrain from calling them 'stamps' because it seems to upset many people. LOL!
Thanks for the info. I'll have to do a search on digital stamps and see what I can find.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-01-2009, 08:15 AM   #61  
Stampin' Fool

Personally, I do not care what they are called, I LOVE the "digis!" Notice I said DIGIS because I am afraid of offending anyone if I use the word "stamps" with it.

I am not computer savvy at all. I can purchase the image and download it and then, if I have to resize it, I have to call in "Old Helpful," my wonderful, computer "genius" husband, whose patience is remarkable. He always helps because he knows how much I enjoy coloring. Some people will think that is not stamping either because I need the help, but I don't care.

The digis have allowed me to color some wonderful images, cut waaaay down on storage space, and so far, I have not had any problems with ink smearing. A stamper can have the ink "smearing problem" even when they actually use a rubber stamp, so I don't really see the "smearing" as a problem.

My latest discovery is this lady's blog: http://digitalpenciltoo.blogspot.com...07/isaiah.html

and she has an Etsy store, too. What a wonderful artist she is!

I guess it boils down to this. Whether these artists have the means to turn their art work into an actual rubber stamp or turn them into digital images, I am amazed at their talent. To be able to draw like that is a very special gift. It's a gift that I do not have and I feel privileged to be able to at least, color the images. (Yes, I know that somewhere along this thread, somebody is going to say, "Privileged? You BOUGHT the image, so where is the privilege?":rolleyes: But I can color pretty well and that's what I enjoy most, so I am happy in my own little world.:-D
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-01-2009, 08:25 AM   #62  
Die Cut Diva

Quote:

Originally Posted by kitty14View Post
Personally, I do not care what they are called, I LOVE the "digis!" Notice I said DIGIS because I am afraid of offending anyone if I use the word "stamps" with it.

I am not computer savvy at all. I can purchase the image and download it and then, if I have to resize it, I have to call in "Old Helpful," my wonderful, computer "genius" husband, whose patience is remarkable. He always helps because he knows how much I enjoy coloring. Some people will think that is not stamping either because I need the help, but I don't care.

The digis have allowed me to color some wonderful images, cut waaaay down on storage space, and so far, I have not had any problems with ink smearing. A stamper can have the ink "smearing problem" even when they actually use a rubber stamp, so I don't really see the "smearing" as a problem.

My latest discovery is this lady's blog: http://digitalpenciltoo.blogspot.com...07/isaiah.html

I guess it boils down to this. Whether these artists have the means to turn their art work into an actual rubber stamp or turn them into digital images, I am amazed at their talent. To be able to draw like that is a very special gift. It's a gift that I do not have and I feel privileged to be able to at least, color the images. (Yes, I know that somewhere along this thread, somebody is going to say, "Privileged? You BOUGHT the image, so where is the privilege?":rolleyes: But I can color pretty well and that's what I enjoy most, so I am happy in my own little world.:-D

Thanks for sharing the link. There are some awesome things there!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-01-2009, 08:40 AM   #63  
Pearl-ExPert

Love digi for almist everything but i still love my rubbah
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-01-2009, 08:42 AM   #64  
Stampin' Fool

Thumbs up

Quote:

Originally Posted by rj77View Post
Thanks for sharing the link. There are some awesome things there!

Isn't she TERRIFIC! I LOVE her work! There is so much detail!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-01-2009, 08:43 AM   #65  
Die Cut Diva

Quote:

Originally Posted by pammersView Post

this same issue came up about a month ago. It turned out to be the paper. You need to make sure that the paper is porous enough to accept the ink and absorb it! Some of the "higher quality" papers that we use for copics are not printer ink/copic friendly no matter how much you heat it or let it dry. They have a really smooth surface and a sheen to them. This is what allows the ink to smear. I use the GP 110 from walmart with generic ink in my HP printer. My copics don't bleed with this, my less expensive Marvy's do still bleed though. I've used watercoloring, Twinkling H2O's, markers, stickles (carefully), gamsol, and they all work nicely.

Previously, I sent a gal on SCS some images printed on the GP. If you would like some, PM me your addy and I'll get a few together for you to try and see if the paper makes a difference.
Now, I'm really bummed to hear others are not having a problem. For me the paper isn't the problem as I'm using the Georgia Pacific 110 from Walmart.

(That is what I used to print out the digi in the photo I attached to my prior post #51 that shows the smeared copics and black ink.) So it looks like it's my particular model of printers that are the problem. (I have the HP D2545 and Kodak ESP3 printers and use the true HP and Kodak inks not refilled or remanufactured inks)

I use the normal black print setting and the GP cardstock from Walmart for all my digi printouts. Wonder if the heat and humidity here are causing problems for me with pigment ink catridges.

Last edited by deeth1; 08-01-2009 at 08:48 AM..
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-01-2009, 08:54 AM   #66  
Stazon Splitcoast

oh so sorry to hear you are having so many problems.
maybe it is the humidity.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-01-2009, 08:58 AM   #67  
Stazon Splitcoast

I do combine digis with clear and rubbah stamps too. I use whatever i have ;)
My hubby tells me whatever you like just do it.
just dont show me receipts lol
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-01-2009, 09:57 AM   #68  
Mad Swapper

Quote:

Originally Posted by wiggynineView Post
I feel so ignorant. Please, what are digital stamps? Are they like clip art images, but blank so you can color them in the way you like? Do you color them with ink, pencils, etc., or do you use a type of program to add color to the images.

I'm familiar with images you can print out on your printer and use on scrapbook pages or cards, but I don't know what "digital stamps" are.

Just want to make sure I'm not missing out on something fun.

Here is a list I put together on my blog and I am constantly updating it as I find more digi links (it's long so scroll down): Resource List for Digital Sites
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-01-2009, 09:58 AM   #69  
Mad Swapper

Smile

Quote:

Originally Posted by kitty14View Post

She has some awesome drawings and some freebies on her blog too!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-01-2009, 11:40 AM   #70  
Stampin' Fool

Quote:

Originally Posted by Erin KView Post
I think there are some lovely images that are digital and WAY beautiful cards folks make with them.

They are just not for me. I want my stamping time to be seperate from my computer time. I guess I'm silly but I still love the magic of inking up a stamp and pressing it to paper and WHAM a perfect image is on there.

I also think it's not "really" stamping. I think it's really cardmaking, really creative, really art, just not really stamping. I mean "digital stamp" is really a cute name for "clip art" and that's ok.
I agree with this. For me, the act of physically manipulating stamps and ink helps me disengage my analytical mind and tap into my creative mind. Manipulating digital images uses the left brain/analytical mind and I spend WAY TOO much time in my left brain.

I hope this isn't taken as looking down my nose at digital image cardmakers. I just enjoy the process of stamping and don't plan on moving to digital. I feel this way about digital scrapbooking as well.

That's one of the things that is so great about the hobby of cardmaking/scrapbooking....there is something for everyone.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-01-2009, 12:03 PM   #71  
Hardware Hotshot

Quote:

Now, I'm really bummed to hear others are not having a problem. For me the paper isn't the problem as I'm using the Georgia Pacific 110 from Walmart.

(That is what I used to print out the digi in the photo I attached to my prior post #51 that shows the smeared copics and black ink.) So it looks like it's my particular model of printers that are the problem. (I have the HP D2545 and Kodak ESP3 printers and use the true HP and Kodak inks not refilled or remanufactured inks)

I use the normal black print setting and the GP cardstock from Walmart for all my digi printouts. Wonder if the heat and humidity here are causing problems for me with pigment ink catridges.
I do think that humidity has to do with it. At some point it was raining so much here (in spring) that everything I printed was smearing and even heat setting didn't work. But if the weather is "normal" I have no problems. I have a HP inkjet printer and use mostly GP paper from walmart.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-01-2009, 12:03 PM   #72  
Stazon Splitcoast

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

Quote:

Originally Posted by creatingisfunView Post
oh so sorry to hear you are having so many problems.
maybe it is the humidity.
NO not the humidity. There is no humidity where I live. I have the same smearing problem. I also have an HP, and use true HP inks. I have the HP Deskjet F380. It was the cheapest printer at the store at the time. Georgia Pacific cardstock is not available at my Walmart, so I don't have that paper.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-01-2009, 12:04 PM   #73  
Hardware Hotshot

Quote:

Here is a list I put together on my blog and I am constantly updating it as I find more digi links (it's long so scroll down): Resource List for Digital Sites
Love your list. I'm off the check out the stores.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-01-2009, 12:06 PM   #74  
Mad Swapper

I've checked out some of these resources and they are fabulous. I'm so excited about this now and will have to get my new ink into my printer.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-01-2009, 12:17 PM   #75  
Pearl-ExPert

I find this thread interesting...just the term *Digital Stamp* is an oxymoron...it's not a stamp.

I have no personal interest in them, but that's me, just like I don't care for some other techniques, while I love what people do with them. There is no prejudice involved, I just prefer to actually stamp an image with my stamp and ink pad.

What's funny is that this whole place is called Splitcoast STAMPERS, not Colorers...not that it matters though, just a side thought. LOL It really should be Splitcoast Papercrafters, since we are all using paper in wonderfully creative ways, and whether we use papers run through a computer, or no images at all, we are all welcome here! I love it!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-01-2009, 12:21 PM   #76  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen Alumni
Splitcoast Challenge Hostess

Quote:

Do you feel that some stampers turn up their noses at digital images and don't consider it 'stamping' if you use them?
IMO they are the wave of the future and I'm totally hooked! I still love many of my UM rubber images, but I love the fact that I can store a ton of digitals on one little flash drive. No cling mount or stamp storage containers to buy, perfect images every time, and little or no cost per image...how can you beat that?!
What's your take on this new twist to card-making?
I am one of those "snobs"...lol! It's not that I don't consider it stamping, I just love the versatility of an actual stamp. I can stamp on chipboard and other mediums.

I DO like that they're inexpensive (for the company and the buyer) and that they don't take up room...well except on my hard drive! LOL!

I will get the hang of them eventually....and I'll grow to love them!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-01-2009, 12:23 PM   #77  
Stampin' Fool

Quote:

Thanks for this list. It is great.

I said I would never use digi images. Well....tried a couple of freebies and I love being able to resize them to fit my needs. Only problem is being able to use watercolor paper in my printer.

I said I would never buy acrylic. Well.....after tryng a few I loved the way you could see to position them.

I said I would never buy unmounted. Well.....after using a few and seeing how easy it is to store them I love them.

See a pattern developing here? I plan on buying any image that I love, whether it is rubber, acrylic, or digi. It is the "coloring" of the image that I most enjoy, not the stamping out which can get frustrating when the image smears.

Remember - never drive faster than your guardian angel can fly.
Fan Club Member
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-01-2009, 01:00 PM   #78  
Dirty Dozen Alumni

I would use them but my printer doesn't print on watercolour paper (I usually only watercolour my images). They do seem like a bit of extra work trying to get them sized right and making sure that you have ink in your printer unlike readily available on your desk ;) I am a bit of a traditionalist and I do love my rubber/acrylic stamps
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-01-2009, 01:13 PM   #79  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen Alumni
Splitcoast Challenge Hostess

For everyone having printer issues...

You can take a disk/thumbdrive to staples/office depot and have them print it for you with the embossing ink!!! Works like a charm
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-01-2009, 01:59 PM   #80  
Stazon Splitcoast

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

Quote:

Originally Posted by tiffguamView Post
For everyone having printer issues...

You can take a disk/thumbdrive to staples/office depot and have them print it for you with the embossing ink!!! Works like a charm

OR... maybe someone will read this thread and come up with a STAMPER's printer!!! A wondrous magical printer that CAN print onto thick cardstock AND thick watercolour paper, onto chipboard, onto (taped down) ribbons; a printer that can print with archival non-smearing waterproof ink, or craft pigment ink or embossing ink! Oooh, a printer that can also have cartridges that you can refill with stamping ink of your choice!!!

Wouldn't that be wonderful???

They can market it like this...anyone who buys this wonderful printer will get $100 credit towards any digistamps they would like to buy.

If I had a printer like that - I would be LOVING digistamps!!
Reply With Quote Likes