Splitcoaststampers

Splitcoaststampers (https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/)
-   General Stamping Talk (https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/general-stamping-talk-17/)
-   -   Did you make Mother's Day gifts? (https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/general-stamping-talk-17/did-you-make-mothers-day-gifts-526951/)

JenWI409 04-27-2011 05:50 PM

Did you make Mother's Day gifts?

I found a great tutorial and made easy (but really cool) greeting card organizers for my mom and sis, but I need an idea for my MIL. She wouldn't use a greeting card organizer, and she makes her own cards, so I really can't gift her with any.

I'm at a loss. I'd like to make her something because she would like the thought so much more than a purchased gift. Any suggestions??? I thought of an altered frame but she has a whole wall of frames and not much room left on it. :/

(Oh, and I just posted the organizers I made with the link to the tutorial tonight on my blog, if anyone is looking for an idea! I usually procrastinate, so this is unusual for me. LOL)

Jen

Joan B 04-28-2011 04:35 AM

how about some home made gift tags, with some scotch tape, scissors, tissue paper, wrapping paper and coordinating ribbons and call it a "wrapping center"?

JenWI409 04-28-2011 05:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Joan B (Post 18254563)
how about some home made gift tags, with some scotch tape, scissors, tissue paper, wrapping paper and coordinating ribbons and call it a "wrapping center"?

Hmmm... I like that idea! I might have to go search the dollar store for wrapping paper and ribbons today and see what I can find. :) Thanks!

Rubbernecker 04-28-2011 11:57 AM

Going along with Joan's idea, I keep meaning to make a bunch of decorated gift bags, with matching tags. You could pick up a bunch of those plain kraft gift bags, decorate front and back panels for them, stamp some plain tissue paper to be stuffed inside, and then make matching tags. That way she would always have ready-made gift packaging for quick gifts.

It's on my list...sigh..

buggainok 04-28-2011 12:33 PM

I made a bunch of these darling tissue boxes/covers at Christmas, but they would make lovely Mother's Day gifts, too. Here's a link to pics in the gallery. The tutorial is in the Resource section. They go together really quickly and turn out cute:

Stampin Up! Gallery: Tissue Box Cover by kgilmore - Page 1 - Cards & More - Splitcoaststampers

muscrat 04-28-2011 04:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by buggainok (Post 18256089)
I made a bunch of these darling tissue boxes/covers at Christmas, but they would make lovely Mother's Day gifts, too. Here's a link to pics in the gallery. The tutorial is in the Resource section. They go together really quickly and turn out cute:

Stampin Up! Gallery: Tissue Box Cover by kgilmore - Page 1 - Cards & More - Splitcoaststampers

Adorable! Thanks for sharing. I will check out the tutorial too!

JenWI409 04-28-2011 06:53 PM

This I think she would really like! I'm so going to the store to see if I can find some plain kraft bags. Thanks!!!! :)

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rubbernecker (Post 18255994)
Going along with Joan's idea, I keep meaning to make a bunch of decorated gift bags, with matching tags. You could pick up a bunch of those plain kraft gift bags, decorate front and back panels for them, stamp some plain tissue paper to be stuffed inside, and then make matching tags. That way she would always have ready-made gift packaging for quick gifts.

It's on my list...sigh..

muscrat 04-29-2011 06:11 AM

I made a tissue box cover! Soooo cool. I am having so much fun following tutorials! You women are amazing! Thanks bugga for sharing the link.

buggainok 04-29-2011 07:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by muscrat (Post 18258649)
I made a tissue box cover! Soooo cool. I am having so much fun following tutorials! You women are amazing! Thanks bugga for sharing the link.

I'm glad you made one. They are cool, aren't they? I made a bunch at Christmas. My DIL still has hers sitting out, because she liked it so much. It really didn't look too obviously "Christmasy", but I need to make her another one in Spring colors.

I am in awe of the talented people who create and share all these wonderful tutorials.

muscrat 04-29-2011 07:56 AM

I don't plan to make them specific to season. I want them to be able to use them, as you said, all year round. I used Crumb Cake CS an d'vine swirls EF. Still working on embellisments.

SarahY 04-29-2011 08:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JenWI409 (Post 18253461)
I found a great tutorial and made easy (but really cool) greeting card organizers for my mom and sis,

Jen

Can you share where you found the tutorial. I would love to make some of these.

muscrat 04-29-2011 08:45 AM

I was going to ask the same thing, but then I read her original post again and saw that she said to go to her link in her signature and I found it there! Hope this helps!