Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 09-29-2008, 02:47 PM   #41  
Die Cut Diva

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I tell my kids all the time to not make me take something away from them because then I will have to hide it in a "safe place", where they wouldn't think of looking either. They know it might as well be in a black hole....I'm too creative with my hiding spots! LOL

As for stamping stuff do you think that means I have too much stuff? Gasp!!

www.pinkhedgehogpapercrafts.com
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-29-2008, 02:53 PM   #42  
Stazon Splitcoast

Received 973 Likes on 662 Posts

I am enjoying this forum. My mom used to say the St Anthony prayer. I had forgotten about it. Maybe I will try it again. Can't hurt I have pretty much taken apart the room where I thought I put the money.
Joan
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-29-2008, 03:03 PM   #43  
Die Cut Diva

And, on another note, what's up with all of the Post-It's I have with just a phone number and nothing else? Do I throw them away? Do I call the numbers just to see who it is? Lately I've been throwing them away. Now I will never make that call.....oh well.....

www.pinkhedgehogpapercrafts.com
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-29-2008, 03:17 PM   #44  
Crimping Master

OK judging by the number of responses I feel that my theory is further supported. Crafty people cannot be organized. Yes as with any theory there can be a few outliers because I know there are some super organized people here on SCS. For the most part a creative mind breeds disorganization and that's just fine with me

I lose stuff all the time but since I got a key rack it stopped being my keys. I used to misplace those on a daily basis (usually more than once). My favorite was when I put DHs Christmas present in a "special" place since I bought it in October. I didn't find it until the next February!!!

I'm making an effort to find a place for everything so everything can be in its place. It's an ongoing effort!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-29-2008, 03:27 PM   #45  
Crimping Master

I do it like all the time! The worst is when I lay something down or put it in a different place, and I think to myself...you aren't going to remember you put it here...and I don't.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-29-2008, 03:47 PM   #46  
Hardware Hotshot

I can never remember where the special place is...
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-29-2008, 04:35 PM   #47  
Pearl-ExPert

Received 18 Likes on 17 Posts

If all elce fails check your underware drawer,told the DH if I die that is where the papers are.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-29-2008, 04:37 PM   #48  
Insane Embellisher

unfortunately yes... I'm still trying to find my Christmas CDs that I took out of our entertainment stand two weeks ago when I dusted. :( I think I was going to put them back but somewhere along the way I must have gotten distracted and set them down somewhere else. But where? :( I just hope I find them by Thanksgiving so I can have the tunes playing while decorating the tree.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-29-2008, 05:07 PM   #49  
Matboard Maniac

I have been lmbo reading this thread! I look for something majorily at least once a week! In fact, my mil & I were just having this discussion last weekend. I am also in Julie's camp, though we say sit down and engage your brain! I find that helps me at work, too. If someone brings me a problem and I am walking or standing somewhere when we start talking, I have to sit down so I can think, lol!!
Anyway, this week was a search for fleece jackets I sacked up 6 months ago or so to get them out of the hall closet! I couldn't even remember the color of the sack I put them in (plastic)! At the same time, I had run over to my mil's as she had cut out some aprons and planned to show me so I could say if I wanted any of them to make for my family. She couldn't find the aprons when I got there! The fleece thing was really bugging me, so after a day or so I commented to dh, who by the way told me he thought I had sent them to Goodwill by mistake (!), I know I didn't do that because that yellow fleece you like so much was in there. He opened the hall closet, and said 'this yellow fleece'? I had looked in there once, but on the floor of the closet, not up above. Then I remembered that I later cleaned out some of the coats no one was wearing anymore, took those to Goodwill, and hung the fleece back up since there was room now!! Sometimes I think I am losing my mind, then I realize I am just turning into my mother!! She would do the Christmas present thing with one of us (3 girls) every year and usually find it 6 months later. I remember as a kid thinking how does she lose these things?? Now I know!!

Rachael
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-29-2008, 05:08 PM   #50  
Gallery Gazer

Received 66 Likes on 24 Posts

Quote:

Originally Posted by virtualyvonneView Post
So glad to know I'm not the only one! My biggest one is battery chargers - I've got at least 3 cordless screwdrivers that I can't find the chargers for. Everytime I buy a new one I swear to myself that I'm going to remember where I put the charger - no such luck!
OH, I've got the battery charger, but I can't find ANY of the batteries! I don't remember what toys/flashlights/boomboxes they all went into! I had several C's, D's, and 9volts. :rolleyes:

Amazing, though, that I can remember my best GF's mom's home phone number from when we were in high school twenty bleh-bleh years ago!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-29-2008, 05:11 PM   #51  
Crimping Master

Yes, I always do it and can't ever remember. Peeves me off! Just don't think about it for a day or two and they will show up once you stop looking for them.

Quote:

Originally Posted by kimz1959View Post
put something away in a place you thought was such a great place that you wouldn't forget where you put it...then not remember where that special place is???
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-30-2008, 03:15 AM   #52  
Hardware Hotshot

Quote:

put something away in a place you thought was such a great place that you wouldn't forget where you put it...then not remember where that special place is??? I finally got the chance to play with my stuff after moving into a different apartment. I drug out my Cuttlebug to play with the new folders and I'll be danged if I can find the plates! I remember putting them in something thinking it was the perfect thing/place...and where was that again??? grrrrr :???:
Well when you find them, can you have a look and see if my new Christmas papers are with them ... I bought them a couple of months ago, used once and then immediately 'lost' them!!! They're definately not with my crafty stuff so you must have them!!! :rolleyes:
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-30-2008, 05:09 AM   #53  
Polyshrink Goddess

Location: be the kind of woman that when your feet hit the floor each morning the devil says-oh crap, she's up

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ruby-dooby-dooView Post
Well when you find them, can you have a look and see if my new Christmas papers are with them ... I bought them a couple of months ago, used once and then immediately 'lost' them!!! They're definately not with my crafty stuff so you must have them!!! :rolleyes:
I guess we're both screwed then, I packed those CB plates when I moved, my BF looked for them last night and couldn't find them. I think my butt grew an inch or two while I sat contemplated where they might be, I'll try Tony tonight...I'm not religious but desperate measures are now called for:rolleyes:

are you a bereaved parent too? http://www.thecompassionatefriends.org/
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-30-2008, 05:28 AM   #54  
Rubber Obsessor

omg- all the time. I just purchased stamp cleaner and pad and put it in a great, safe place. For the life of me, I can't find it!!!!!!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-30-2008, 05:58 AM   #55  
Insane Embellisher

Oh yes - I always think it is because I am not organized enough. Maybe it is but when I put it in that safe spot I am so sure I will remember because I think it is a logical place for it to be!!!!!!

I am glad to read I am not alone - LOL

My Website
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-30-2008, 05:59 AM   #56  
Gallery Gazer

Received 66 Likes on 24 Posts

Quote:

Originally Posted by qoedvc98View Post
unfortunately yes... I'm still trying to find my Christmas CDs that I took out of our entertainment stand two weeks ago when I dusted. :( I think I was going to put them back but somewhere along the way I must have gotten distracted and set them down somewhere else. But where? :( I just hope I find them by Thanksgiving so I can have the tunes playing while decorating the tree.
Try your laundry room or wherever you store your dusting supplies, hee hee!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-30-2008, 06:17 AM   #57  
Matboard Maniac

Default I MUST share this thread with my husband...

then he won't think I'm the ONLY one that does this! :-D

-Never get so busy making a living, that you forget to make a life-
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-30-2008, 11:24 AM   #58  
Hardware Hotshot

I'm with the girl who says she look for something at least an hour everyday. Especially when I'm stamping!

One time I was in my closet and found a prescription bottle hidden on my shelf and it had a $50 bill in it. I'm pretty sure I was saving it for something, but don't remember. It was good timing though, because I had TWO bounced checks on that day! (kicking myself...that could have been stamp money!)

People sometimes look at my stuff and say, "You are so organized!" and I think, "If you only knew..."
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-30-2008, 11:49 AM   #59  
Rubber Obsessor

Quote:

Originally Posted by craftyteaspoonView Post
All the time! Drives me nuts, especially when I know I put it somewhere so I would not lose it. I should leave notes for myself but I'd probably lose the notes too.
I've started emailing notes to myself on where I put items. Then I just have to remember what I titled the email...

Cheers, K
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-30-2008, 11:52 AM   #60  
Rubber Obsessor

Quote:

Originally Posted by Vivi's MommyView Post
OK judging by the number of responses I feel that my theory is further supported. Crafty people cannot be organized. Yes as with any theory there can be a few outliers because I know there are some super organized people here on SCS. For the most part a creative mind breeds disorganization and that's just fine with me

I lose stuff all the time but since I got a key rack it stopped being my keys. I used to misplace those on a daily basis (usually more than once). My favorite was when I put DHs Christmas present in a "special" place since I bought it in October. I didn't find it until the next February!!!

I'm making an effort to find a place for everything so everything can be in its place. It's an ongoing effort!
We set out a "key box" so that I'd have a place to put my keys every day. Worked until someone else moved (and misplaced) the box. Fortunately, my keys were not in it that day.

Cheers, K
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-30-2008, 12:11 PM   #61  
Polyshrink Goddess

Location: be the kind of woman that when your feet hit the floor each morning the devil says-oh crap, she's up

Well ladies, I'm giving up and going for replacements tonight meaning the ones I can't find will reappear. Found some ACMoore coupons for %50 off (from another SCS'er) and plan on using them at Michaels and JoAnns tonight, at least it won't hurt too much...

are you a bereaved parent too? http://www.thecompassionatefriends.org/
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-30-2008, 12:44 PM   #62  
Matboard Maniac

Received 18 Likes on 3 Posts

Oh, I was going to post a thread just like this, as I have lost my Penny Black clear stamp set I bought last christmas! I really, really want to use it, but for the life of me can't find it. I have searched everywhere and it's not to be found. I just got the new clear set, but want my old one back now too. Maybe I should ask my 4yr old DD as she seems to know where everything is!

But while I was searching for that stamp set, I did find several other things I didn't even know were missing. Go figure. And I bet the minute I go to order a new set, the old ones turn up someplace, but only I have paid for the new one and it's already in the mail.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-30-2008, 12:58 PM   #63  
Insane Embellisher

I can relate. If it's a while before i can find it, I'll just buy more. Then I always find the other thing. That just happened with my memory stick pro duo adapter. After looking a week, I bought another memory stick set, and sure enough, like the next day i found the original one.

Works every time.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-30-2008, 02:07 PM   #64  
Chattin' & Sippin' in SPAM-Land

Quote:

Originally Posted by RiverIsisView Post
This has become well known in our house as the Fort Knox Safe Place phenomenom! So safe it may as well be in Fort Knox :lol:

Conversation with DH

DH - "where did you put it"
Me - "do you really want to know?"
DH - " oh no, not the safe place"
Me - " that about sums it up"
Yep! In my house, the words "I'll just put this someplace safe" translate to, "Look at it now, because this is the last time any of us will ever see it again"....
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-30-2008, 02:38 PM   #65  
Inking Addict

Organized people are just too lazy to look for things. I am not lazy. ;)

My Other Hobby
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-30-2008, 02:40 PM   #66  
Splitcoast Challenge Hostess

Quote:

put something away in a place you thought was such a great place that you wouldn't forget where you put it...then not remember where that special place is??? I finally got the chance to play with my stuff after moving into a different apartment. I drug out my Cuttlebug to play with the new folders and I'll be danged if I can find the plates! I remember putting them in something thinking it was the perfect thing/place...and where was that again??? grrrrr :???:
Oh I have done this before but not with my craft stuff, well not that i can think of. We just moved to this house (two years ago) and we were having our hardwood floors redone. Well I didn't want to leave anything of value laying around even though the person doing the floors was dh's friend. So long story short, i put my checkbook in the Rice Crispies Box. well the boys hadn't eaten out of the box for several months and low & behold one of them opened up the box and there was my checkbook. this is after I had to order new checks. I even scrapbooked the page:

SBTC61 Rice Krispies by princessdi69 at Splitcoaststampers
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-30-2008, 02:50 PM   #67  
Stampin' Fool

I do it too! I'm hoping to get organized in my craft space that misplacing things doesn't happen quite as often

Check out my blog! www.sunfaeriecreations.blogspot.com
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-30-2008, 03:55 PM   #68  
Gallery Gazer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

As we get older, this seems to happen more and more. I wanted to use the Mat Pack I bought last year to try to do some paper piercing and I just can't find the thing! My dining room is my craft room so 2 to 3 times a year I have to clear everything out to different rooms, boxes and bins to actually "use" this room for dining or parties and once that happens, I never seem to find anything! Fortunately, a girlfriend loaned me all her stamping things since she is in the process of moving because of a divorce and woo hoo! there was an SU! tool kit and it had the mat pack things in it! So now can use one but I don't have to buy one (cause I know I have it..I found the receipt!) LOL
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-30-2008, 05:09 PM   #69  
Mad Swapper

Received 27 Likes on 22 Posts

I lost the spare set of keys to our new car....five days after we brought it home!! It's been 3 months and I still haven't found them.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 09-30-2008, 06:58 PM   #70  
Pearl-ExPert

Like several of you who recently posted before me...the FASTEST way to find the lost item is to go out and buy new ones!!! The lost item then turns up within a matter of minutes - I am serious....it happens to me every time! DANG!

Reply With Quote Likes