Splitcoaststampers

Splitcoaststampers (https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/)
-   General Stamping Talk (https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/general-stamping-talk-17/)
-   -   Did anyone bookmark it? (https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/general-stamping-talk-17/did-anyone-bookmark-626525/)

Cre8ive Mind 10-16-2018 12:26 PM

Did anyone bookmark it?

Hi to all,

I was wondering if anyone bookmarked a funny youtube video of an African American woman showing all the scrapbooking stuff she bought "because she saw it on youtube and it made her happy"? I remember that line so distinctly. She just had to go out and get that "whatever". I remember having a good laugh when I saw it. I hope someone knows it.

Happy Card Making!
Barb

southgirl 10-16-2018 12:33 PM

I saw it but i don't remember her name.

imastamper 10-16-2018 01:41 PM

Her name is Linda Babyus on YouTube
Here is the link:
So funny...She really knows how to tell it like it is....I love her!

Cre8ive Mind 10-17-2018 07:05 AM

Hi Pat,
Thank you soooo much! You even embedded the video. You are wonderfully kind.

This is the video. I love it, and so does my 85 year old Mom. We got her into watching Youtubes and she loves it. So much learning even a her age.
It must have taken you some time to find it and link it...Thank you!

Stampnnatter 10-17-2018 09:45 AM

I forget how I first came across this video but I've shared it with many friends over time. One of the classics.

My DH loves this....but he now tends to come out with phrases such as "Tim Holtz is killing me" and "You Toob Says...." when he sees the results of my latest shopping spree. Should I be worried?

fl_beachbum 10-19-2018 01:35 PM

Oh my gosh, that's great!
Thanks for sharing it! Hahahaa

bjeans 10-19-2018 02:07 PM

Her last videos were destashing videos from three years ago - not getting rid of everything. I hope she’s okay; she is wonderful.

JBgreendawn 10-19-2018 03:39 PM

I hardly ever watch video's but, she had me rolling :)

thanks for sharing that.

Annecards 10-19-2018 04:36 PM

She’s so funny, I remember seeing a few of her videos. Just today I went shopping thanks to YouTube and TaDa! Our very own Lydia!:D:D:D

mof118 10-21-2018 08:08 AM

She is hilarious and I'm sure we can all relate- I remember watching her video years ago and it's just as funny now as it was then!

Cre8ive Mind 10-21-2018 08:16 AM

I agree. I wanted to see it again to update my memory of it to keep it fresh. It feels good to laugh like that when you can so relate to someone. Kindred spirits connecting.

dini 10-23-2018 06:07 AM

I love this! What's one thing someone made you buy?

Cre8ive Mind 10-23-2018 08:03 AM

I wouldn't say 'someone made me buy" so much as maybe inspired, enticed, even maybe coaxed me to buy, but I sure got hooked when I saw those punch around the page Martha Stewart punches used on cards. I spent a small fortune on those things. Some I use a lot others not so much. And then I saw what people were doing with their silhouette machines and I just had to run out and get me one of those. I think I have used it 10 times in 10 years, and that was with my husbands computer help.
As others have said, my cards have cost me hundreds if not thousands of dollars each if you work out the cost of tools and materials used and unused (awaiting use or "hoarded"). If rhinestones were ever cheap I would just have to stock up. "What the heck was I thinking"?!!! LOL!!!

uncbballfan 10-23-2018 06:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dini (Post 21733688)

I own your designs, Blue-Footed Boobie and Baby Giraffe, and it's all Sandy Allnock's fault!

lindylou1220 10-24-2018 02:42 AM

Quote:

This is only one of the many items...

When the very large scallop punches came out, I was forced to get them. Pretty sure that the impetus was here on SCS.

Oh, and Nestabilities. My friend and I split a few 4-packs. Again, SCS was the driver.

I know I could keep going.

Gabriella18 10-24-2018 03:14 AM

That was so funny. I loved it

barney 10-24-2018 04:17 AM

"Lord have mercy, somebody help me!" Too funny.

Cre8ive Mind 10-24-2018 07:25 AM

I found this LOL funny too!:

https://cimg7.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.spl...3019fab411.jpg

Reddyisco 10-24-2018 11:01 AM

Hahaha......LOVE this!! I think the people that make craft supplies have the best target audience on earth. They really see us coming. When sales of something are a bit slow they just make a bigger one, or a smaller one, or a blue one or pink one or give it a new fun name. And we HAVE to have it. I'm guilty but I love it. I just can't help it.;):D

Anyway.......I'm off to do some shopping!!

TLady 10-24-2018 01:07 PM

Thanks Pat!

I hadn't seen this video! SO CUTE! ;) I just laughed & laughed! (I haven't even done the YouTube watching either! Just every so often!) LOL ;)

joniworx 10-24-2018 05:37 PM

Quote:

Amy Rysavy is going to be the death of my pocketbook! She is at Prairie Paper and Ink, and I love her videos...so down to earth and fun to watch. I've watched her really grow her channel and grow as an artist - she's fabulous, and very creative. I've bought stamp sets I never would have considered because of her examples - she makes me think outside "my" box.

Joni

hoptownracer1 10-24-2018 07:32 PM

Thank you for sharing that! I loved that video of her! I need to watch it whenever I get the urge to buy something I don't need! :)

ejluyk 10-25-2018 04:56 AM

So funny... I had to share with some of my crafty friends. Bottom line....it made me happy!!! Now instead of buying it...I write it down in a wish book and re-visit..buy less that way. Becoming more selective of what You Toob suggests you buy but, still happy. Then of course, the purging cycles are great too...makes me happy again.

UnderstandBlue 10-25-2018 05:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by joniworx (Post 21734379)
Amy Rysavy is going to be the death of my pocketbook! She is at Prairie Paper and Ink, and I love her videos...so down to earth and fun to watch. I've watched her really grow her channel and grow as an artist - she's fabulous, and very creative. I've bought stamp sets I never would have considered because of her examples - she makes me think outside "my" box.

Joni

She's WONDERFUL

Soozie4Him 10-27-2018 06:10 PM

Amy Rysavy is WONDERFUL - I've been following her blog almost since I became an SU demo in 2004 - I wonder when she started blogging? I just love her voice too!

But, hey Lydia, I've GOTTA watch all your videos. Your "Hey, everybody!" just makes me feel all warm and cozy inside - not to mention your ART is amazing, girl!! And I'm glad I got to meet you at Convention - and got to attend one of your retreats the day before Convention started (can't remember which year it was). It was your "Unwind" retreat - I was at Convention in 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012 and 2014.

I also watched Kristina Werner's videos really early on when she was still working for SU - Cindy Beach and I met her at Convention in 2008! Of course I love Jennifer McGuire's videos too!

But that lady you had the embedded video of above - I saw it some years ago, and was laughing SO hard and how Tim Holtz made her buy these things. Then she had another video where Tim had actually SEEN the video and he sent her some stuff!! So fun!!!

I remember buying all those BIG circle punches - I still have them! Sometimes punches are just great!! Then I bought a Cuttlebug - of course that was right before SU started selling the Big Shot, of COURSE!!! I gifted that Cuttlebug recently to one of my customers who has had bad luck with die cutting machines. She keeps buying them at garage sales and I don't know if they're broken to begin with or what, but my Cuttlebug was taking up room, so I gave it to her with a bunch of those little alpha dies I had to go with it.