Splitcoaststampers

Splitcoaststampers (https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/)
-   General Stamping Talk (https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/general-stamping-talk-17/)
-   -   DH renames SU! colors! (https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/general-stamping-talk-17/dh-renames-su-colors-80020/)

CardFanatic 08-21-2005 06:55 PM

DH renames SU! colors!

My DH has always made fun of the names of SU!'s colors. Tonight, he was standing behind me and saw Jace's signature line "As the Stamp Caddy Turns" (I think that's what it's called) Anyway, he wants to rename some colors. Before you read these, please understand his background. He has taught emotionally impaired children and adults, managed an inpatient facility for mentally disturbed people, has a PhD in emotional impairments, and is now a professor for teachers getting their master's in EI. OK... disclaimer done. BTW, some don't make any sense to me because the adjective doesn't match the color! Here are his changes:

puke purple
gross out green
yuck yellow
pus pink
oozing orange
rotting red
bile blue
vomit violet
phlegm fuchsia
tinkle teal
booger brown
scabby saffron

txblueyes 08-21-2005 06:58 PM

hehehe, I like some of the names!!

becky

TNstampgirl 08-21-2005 07:00 PM

here's the secret truth- husbands are so jealous of our Stampin' Stashes! It so shows with this one! hehehe

Estrovan 08-21-2005 07:08 PM

Booger Brown is my favorite!!!!
HA!

CardFanatic 08-22-2005 04:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TNstampgirl
here's the secret truth- husbands are so jealous of our Stampin' Stashes! It so shows with this one! hehehe

Hmmm. Jealous? I've been trying to talk him into joining me in this Saturday's VSN. MAybe he's just pretending he's not interested! That's got to be it! He actually came up with the idea for my challenge that night. But, don't worry. It has nothing to do with colors!!!

Mamalanie 08-22-2005 04:39 AM

Please tell me that is supposed to be "Pus Pink". Not that pink pus is a good thing, but at least it's rated PG. lol

uffdastamper 08-22-2005 04:41 AM

Too Funny! I like them all, especially the oozing orange. Hey and not to be too gross, but growing up I remember having way too much purple grape juice one day and well needless to say ~ the voilet color description sounds oh too familiar. ;) TFS! :)

CardFanatic 08-22-2005 05:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mamalanie
Please tell me that is supposed to be "Pus Pink". Not that pink pus is a good thing, but at least it's rated PG. lol

OOPS! (It took me a few seconds to figure that out.) Yup. Your right. I was too tired last night to check my spelling, but that one would have missed me anyway! Pus is just not phonetically correct. Who decided on that spelling anyway?

Joelyn 08-22-2005 06:52 AM

Hahahaha Sounds like someone I know....My DH would do that too.

CPLN4 08-22-2005 06:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TNstampgirl

Ya know, to say how my husband doesn't care, he sure has his opinions when I show him a card I've made - lol.

stampinCPA 08-22-2005 12:21 PM

Jen, your DH is too funny! Love the phlegm fuscia the best followed by booger brown. Kinda reminds me of Bertie Bott's every flavor beans. What a hoot! :D

Kittypaws 08-22-2005 04:01 PM

I'm laughing so hard my eyes are watering! Your DH sounds priceless!

Lucidbean 08-22-2005 08:16 PM

LOL! Tinkle Teal! I don't know why that one strikes me as funny, but it made me laugh out loud!

dstfrommi 08-22-2005 08:23 PM

He and my son should go into business together. My son is always doing stuff like that. He's also coming up with awful sayings and says they should be made into stamps.

Let us know when your DH has then entire 48 done!!

bellamare 08-22-2005 09:16 PM

I like tinkle teal the best. I guess that is because I have a 3 1/2 DD. Tinkle is something she would say. My husband makes fun od my stuff, but every holiday he sits down and makes me a card. I think he realy likes it but will not admit it yet. He is a closet stamper. I am working on getting him to come out of the closet ;)