Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 08-21-2005, 12:31 AM   #1  
Compulsive Stamper

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Christmas Card Stamp Camp

Aloha,

I am a new SU Demonstrator and I would like to conduct a Christmas Card Stamp Camp. I would like each of my customers to walk away with at least 20 cards. I was going to let them chose from 4 designs that they would chose ahead of time so I can have their stuff ready the night of the camp. My question is I am not sure what to charge for this event? I normally charge $10.00 for about 4 projects at a camp. Any ideas on how to run this smoothly would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks,
Jane Plessl
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-21-2005, 04:14 AM   #2  
Stazon Splitcoast

Received 6 Likes on 2 Posts

I suggest you sign up for the demos forums. There you will find LOTS of great advice for questions just like this... Simply click on the link to JOIN A USER GROUP on the home page, left hand side and you will see SU DEMO FORUM in the drop down list of choices! Have fun!!!

Oh and just a note about your Stamp Camp...doing twenty cards is going to take A LONG TIME for some as well as it is a HUGE amount of work for you to cut for that many cards. Might I suggest doing perhaps a more simplictic approach... plan a ten for ten...make ten card for ten dollars...try to keep them BASIC yet WOW cards that can be completed in about ten minutes a piece...you would not want to burnout your first camp...
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-21-2005, 06:22 AM   #3  
Kookie Creator

Default Don't be afraid to charge

Don't be afraid to charge what you need for this. Make sure you are considering the convenience your customers are getting out of having everything cut for them, predesigned, etc. I go to a Stamp-A-Stack every so often that charges $18 for 15 cards. I think that's the deal of the decade!! I would definitely pay more.

Susan
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-21-2005, 09:41 AM   #4  
Pearl-ExPert

I went to a Card Stackin June, and it was 20 cards for 20 bucks...4 each of 5 styles....it was fun, and economical, she chose the designs, I think letting each person choose ahead of time would be too difficult....(JMO)....I felt really rushed and hurried, though....some tables went quicker than others, and then some people tried to take over our table before we were done...definately NOT cool....I would do it again, though...the demo had a couple of good prizes, and she did a buck a square chart raffle thing, and all the money $65 bucks went to the lady who's name was drawn, for spending in the new catty....
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-21-2005, 10:28 AM   #5  
Hot Mess

I do a Christmas camp every year! I usually do 5 cards showing different sets & techniques and one packaged type item. This way, they can play with different sets and decide what they was to use for their own cards. I also try to make my cards with different colors in mind so they can see how to use a color they wouldn't normally use for Christmas!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-21-2005, 12:29 PM   #6  
Pearl-ExPert

OMG, Propecia!! do you know that butt crack??? Hilarious!!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-21-2005, 01:12 PM   #7  
Hot Mess

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kerilou
OMG, Propecia!! do you know that butt crack??? Hilarious!!!
No I found him on the internet! I guess you can officially find everthing on the internet!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-21-2005, 01:51 PM   #8  
Insane Embellisher

I never charged more than $20 for a class. Since they will be doing the same design, that is about the cost of materials times 2. Hopefully, they will purchase some items as well.
I FiNallY DiD iT - TAC AnGeL #2645

Check out my gallery!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-21-2005, 07:15 PM   #9  
Compulsive Stamper

Thanks ladies for the quick replies. I think I am going to go for the 10 for 10 bucks deal and just host several of these through the upcoming months so people can have a chance to make about 20 cards. Most of my customers have a huge Christmas card list because we are all military and move so much. But at least this could get them started and then they could order their own sets and stamp away whenever.

Thanks again,
Jane
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-21-2005, 07:26 PM   #10  
Insane Embellisher

I'm doing a three session-type thing for mass production of my customers' christmas cards. 1st session- design your card (with my help), pick your stamps, place order. 2nd session- get order, mount stamps, begin cards. 3rd session-finish cards, address envelopes.

They don't have to attend all three sessions, but i think it's a good way to motivate people to make their own cards. Also, they get to schedule time to actually do it. get it?
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-22-2005, 08:15 AM   #11  
Compulsive Stamper

I actually just sent an email out to my customers...I am having a 12 cards for $12 class in september and october...because most people need more than 12 cards...so I am offering this two different months...I would just design them myself rather than having them choose because it will take so much time for you and for them at the class...I am planning on using 4 different sets and all different colors so that there is a variety...I also seen on scs a lady said that she is going to have a christmas tag making class...I can't decide how to do this, if anyone has any ideas let me know!

Ashley
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-22-2005, 10:50 AM   #12  
Mad Swapper

Quote:

Originally Posted by TNstampgirl
I'm doing a three session-type thing for mass production of my customers' christmas cards. 1st session- design your card (with my help), pick your stamps, place order. 2nd session- get order, mount stamps, begin cards. 3rd session-finish cards, address envelopes.

They don't have to attend all three sessions, but i think it's a good way to motivate people to make their own cards. Also, they get to schedule time to actually do it. get it?
I think that three sesson thing is totally cool! What a great idea! I would love it if someone around here did that. How awesome!
Becky
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 08-23-2005, 03:22 AM   #13  
Vee
Glitter Guru

Default 10 for $12

I do 4 months of 10 fo $12. They have to order envelopes seperately. These are by far my most popular classes and run Aug, Sept, Oct, and Nov. Everyone signs up because they will actually get their goal of handstamped cards DONE if they come to my classes. They chat with other stampers and my classes include a decadent desert made by my husband, who is a amateur chef! Yes, for those of you who pay attention, that is the same husband who is a lawyer and was a professional photographer.-he is talented! In september I will have 2 groups of 10 ladies it is os popular. I will ahve a morning group and an evening group.
-Vee
Reply With Quote Likes