Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 03-02-2005, 11:17 PM   #1  
Pearl-ExPert

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Demonstrator question

I am seriously thinking becoming a demonstrator. I understand that if I sign up in March I get Sincere Salutations free. That is a $9.98 value at the 1/2 off special. BUT if I understand correctly, you get the first quarter free of a minimum so that you can build a customer base. If I sign up in March, do I lose my quarter basically and have to have the $300.00 minimum by the end of June? If I wait until April to sign up (that is the start of the next quarter, right?) then will my first $300.00 in sales be due by the end of September? This is important since I know NO ONE yet that likes to stamp. I love it though and with a little time, I know I can succeed with this. I sure wouldn't want to cheat myself out of three months prep time just to save $10.00 bucks!! Is there basically an incentive to become a demo each month or is this just because it is the last month in the quarter?
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-03-2005, 02:44 AM   #2  
Creative Crew SU Design Team Alumni

Received 1,036 Likes on 476 Posts

Jen - Hmmmm, first of all, I thought Sincere Salutations was given during January and February, not March? I really need to check on that, though. I will have to dig out my January magazine to see. But I signed up in April 2 years ago for that reason, I didn't want to have to make minimums immediately. You get the quarter you start in as "free" with no minimums, the next quarter starts them. I would spend the $10 this month to get the set, and send your paperwork in close to April 1st. But that is just MY opinion, there may be incentives that I am missing! I would check with your demo just to be sure.
"And let us consider one another in order to stir up love and good works," Hebrews 10:24
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-03-2005, 03:08 AM   #3  
Kookie Creator

i believe you still get sincere salutations--that's what my upline said when we weren't sure my paperwork would make it to utah in time for sab.

sorry, but i don't know enough to comment on the quarterly deadline.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-03-2005, 03:13 AM   #4  
Splitcoast Team Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Send a message via Skype™ to Beate

Hi Jen,

I would suggest you sign up in April. You are right with the quarterly minimum. And with Sincere Salutations being only $9.98 this month, it's not that much of a loss for waiting another month. Just buy it now from your future upline and then sign up first of April.

Congratulations on your decision on becoming a demonstrator. You will love it. It's so much fun! I haven't regretted it since I signed up 2 1/2 years ago. I moved a year after I signed up and had to start all new, where I didn't know anyone. It's possible. Just ask everyone you meet if they would like to come over and stamp with you. Once they do that....getting them to book a workshop is easy!

Good luck on your new business. Hugs and smiles.

my gallery - my blog
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-03-2005, 03:25 AM   #5  
SOS
Dirty Dozen Alumni

Default Becoming a demo

I would go for it right now! And here's why. If you sign in March, you will get the free set that won't be available again until July. Your first quarter minimum will not be due until the end of June. As demos, we are currently working on a promotion called Spring Into Action. Based on our sales and recruiting during March-May, we can earn the hostess sets that will be in the new catalog in July. I was told by demo support that if you sign in March and place an order in March, it will still count towards your total minimum due in the April-June. I don't mean this negative, but sometimes we hear conflicting stories from DS. But this was a special they did in January and I was told it would be permanent policy now.

If you don't sign in March, I'd probably wait until the July so you get the new catalogs and see if the kit is going to change or not.

Also, there is no guarantee that they offer monthly incentives. And several months of the year I'm sure they don't. I signed two years ago in April and the next month there was something better, but you never know! And please don't let not having friends that stamp detour you. When I signed up I didn't have a clue what I was doing and my business is going great for me! I've had several people say that they didn't ever intend to start stamping but came to my launch and now they are hooked. A big part of it is your attitude because excitement is contagious!

Good luck in your decisions and please let us know if you have any other questions.

www.splitcoaststampers.com/go/SOS
Making Memories One Stamp At A Time
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-03-2005, 04:08 AM   #6  
Dirty Dozen Alumni

Your comment about not knowing anyone that stamps hit home.

I became a demo originally because of the discount. No one else in my little circle of friends stamped.

So I started doing projects with SU materials. School goody bags. My kids' birthday invites. Birthday party favors. Thank you cards. And so forth. Easily reproduceable items in multitude.

Then then questions started coming. How did you do this? How long did it take you? Is it fun? Is it hard?

Lots of my friends now stamp, because it is fun, and for the sense of accomplishment it gives the creator of the item(s).

Don't let the fact that no one you know currently stamps. It will change once they see what you produce!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-03-2005, 08:01 AM   #7  
Stazon Splitcoast

I agree with Beate completely - I'd wait til April. True, you won't get Sincere Salutations for free, but you can get it for only $10 this month, and the knowledge that you have almost 6 months to get started will really put you at ease. I signed up in the beginning of January for that reason. I didn't have a lot of potential customers and I felt comfortable knowing I had until the end of June to make my minimum (of course, I placed a huge $200 order for myself with 2 weeks of signing up, so the minmum's not a problem right now!!).

Plus, if you sign in April, the new catalog will come out during your time span to make your first minimum, so you'll have even more exciting things to promote as you're drumming up business. Good luck with whatever you decide - you're going to love it!
Reply With Quote Likes