Splitcoaststampers

Splitcoaststampers (https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/)
-   General Stamping Talk (https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/general-stamping-talk-17/)
-   -   Delivery time on SU (https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/general-stamping-talk-17/delivery-time-su-325112/)

upsey daisy 02-16-2008 02:01 PM

Delivery time on SU

I'm really new to SU (and SCS) but I placed an order at a workshop 2 weeks ago and the stamps have not arrived - my Demo says the order is still picking. She's had a further workshop since and the stamps arrived a few days later. I know it's not my Demo's fault as she has rung customer services and getting no joy, but it doesn't help that the cs lady is foreign and doesn't speak english very well, hence she doesn't have the answers as to why they've not been sent.

Anyway, what is the longest peeps have had to wait for stamps and does anyone know if SU have a proper complaints procedure?

E.T.A - I'm in the UK so we don't currently have the Salebration promo going on.

dkessler73 02-16-2008 02:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by upsey daisy (Post 8796498)
I'm really new to SU (and SCS) but I placed an order at a workshop 2 weeks ago and the stamps have not arrived - my Demo says the order is still picking. She's had a further workshop since and the stamps arrived a few days later. I know it's not my Demo's fault as she has rung customer services and getting no joy, but it doesn't help that the cs lady is foreign and doesn't speak english very well, hence she doesn't have the answers as to why they've not been sent.

Anyway, what is the longest peeps have had to wait for stamps and does anyone know if SU have a proper complaints procedure?

E.T.A - I'm in the UK so we don't currently have the Salebration promo going on.

Can't say what the UK time-frame is, but a workshop order that is picking has not shipped yet. I know how hard the impatient feeling is! I'm waiting too!

3boysstampin' 02-16-2008 02:43 PM

I think your demo probably needs to call SU! again. There are so many factors here that it would be hard to answer "what should be". But, I know how frustrating it is waiting for some new rubbah! Hope you get your new toys soon!

upsey daisy 02-16-2008 02:59 PM

Yer I know it's hard to wait. I think it's more the case that the workshop after us received theirs within a couple of days and we're not getting any answers as to why ours still hasn't been shipped after 2 weeks. If they were out of stock of something, they should surely let the demo know this and say that they were holding everything because of it. It's just so frustrating :(

lindylou1220 02-16-2008 03:05 PM

I have never heard of an order staying in picking for two weeks. Were there, perhaps, payments that the demo was waiting for before completely processing the order? (That would be my guess.)

Hope you get your goodies soon!

upsey daisy 02-16-2008 03:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lindylou1220 (Post 8796977)
I have never heard of an order staying in picking for two weeks. Were there, perhaps, payments that the demo was waiting for before completely processing the order? (That would be my guess.)

It was my demo's first workshop so I wouldn't think there was anything outstanding.

AmberDawn 02-16-2008 03:18 PM

It seems like you should have them by now? It only takes one week from the time I place an order to get it here in Japan! That happened three weeks in a row too, so it wasn't a fluke, hope you get your stuff soon!

bb&kk 02-16-2008 03:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lindylou1220 (Post 8796977)

I think she meant that your demo was waiting on payment from someone at the workshop you attended. I agree that an order should not be in picking that long.

upsey daisy 02-16-2008 03:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bb&kk (Post 8797272)
I think she meant that your demo was waiting on payment from someone at the workshop you attended. I agree that an order should not be in picking that long.

Ooops! Sorry :oops: :) Again though I wouldn't of thought so. I guess I'll just have to keep tapping my toes until they arrive :roll:

TJStamper 02-16-2008 03:44 PM

I wonder if the second workshop people decided to pay for expedited shipping?

Even still ... 2 weeks is too long. Call your demo again. Something just seems to be wrong IMHO.

upsey daisy 02-16-2008 03:52 PM

Hmmm that's what I thought Tracey. At least it's not just me being impatient. I'll get on the case on Monday.

lindylou1220 02-17-2008 01:37 AM

Jo, yes, I did mean that perhaps not all the guests' payments were in to the demo immediately so the workshop couldn't close right away. "Picking" at Stampin' Up! means it is in process, which is why I thought the order wasn't completed immediately. Now, if you had said the order had been "shipping" for that amount of time, my response would've been entirely different.

TexasGrammy 02-17-2008 01:45 AM

It's possible that your demo did not submit the order on the day that you assumed she did. There could be a variety of reasons why she waited, including the collection of all orders she was planning for that workshop order, or payment + order from an individual or more. I remember how anxious I would be before my orders would arrive. Hang in there. It can't hurt to ask your demo what date the order was submitted to SU. She might be unaware of how excited you are to be receiving your new goodies!! ;)

annebarc 02-17-2008 03:37 AM

My demo placed my order on Feb. 1 and it has not arrived yet!!! It's never taken this long before. I usually get my orders within 10 days after my demo places it. Could it be that SAB is slowing things down due to a lot of orders?

TexasGrammy 02-17-2008 03:44 AM

Yes ... slower delivery times have been in effect to my home in Texas due to SAB ... I'm sorry your demo didn't advise you of the possibility. It's certainly acceptable if you give her a call to ask when she is expecting delivery. She has access to the information, and might not be aware that you are eagerly waiting! ;) Asking cannot hurt. ;)

CknODaC 02-17-2008 04:20 AM

During the past week or longer, the expected days from the time the order is placed until the order is processed is 2-3 days. If the order is placed on a Friday, that typically means the order won't even begin the picking process until Tuesday, perhaps even Wednesday. Add to that the shipping time for UPS (I've had orders sit on the dock at SU because UPS didn't pick them up the day SU created teh shipping label) and you could very well be looking at over two weeks for an order to arrive. I live on the east coast, and typically don't see an order in under 12 days (unless I expedite) when the pick time is 2-3 days.

I believe SU-UK is still shipped from the US, correct? Perhaps the order has actually shipped and the status hasn't changed on the SU site? I've had that happen before.

Have your demo call SU again and ask why it's been in picking for so long. That sounds like a computer glitch to me.

Kerilou 02-17-2008 05:22 AM

I attended a workshop on Feb 2nd, here in northern NY. The order arrived at my friend's house on Friday, Feb. 15th...just for an idea of how shipping is going here...Kerilou

TJStamper 02-17-2008 07:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by annebarc (Post 8801175)
My demo placed my order on Feb. 1 and it has not arrived yet!!! It's never taken this long before. I usually get my orders within 10 days after my demo places it. Could it be that SAB is slowing things down due to a lot of orders?

I ordered on Feb 1st too ... my order came on Feb 13th. That's the longest it has EVER taken for an order to arrive. I tracked the shipping and there were delays due to weather conditions. Maybe that is part of the reason?

OP - did you give her a call yet? Hopefully she can give you some info.

Good luck!

LaurieR 02-17-2008 11:41 AM

We are waiting impatiently here in Wisconsin too. Well, patience has never been one of my stronger points to be honest with you. Even though UK isn't having SAB, would their shipping still be affected by it from here in the US? I have no idea...just thinking out loud. Hope you get your stuff soon!

nancystamps 02-17-2008 12:13 PM

I think the delay is due to the SAB promotion. I had my party on the 2nd in NJ and I'm still waiting for the order. It's so hard to be patient....I have lots of goodies coming!

CknODaC 02-17-2008 12:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TJStamper (Post 8802426)
I ordered on Feb 1st too ... my order came on Feb 13th. That's the longest it has EVER taken for an order to arrive. I tracked the shipping and there were delays due to weather conditions. Maybe that is part of the reason?

OP - did you give her a call yet? Hopefully she can give you some info.

Good luck!

this is still in the 7-10 business days SU says most orders will arrive.. the 1st was a Friday... I'm assuming you ordered Friday evening?

Demos also have the "3 days right to cancel" clause and technically we are supposed to wait 3 days after the order is placed before submitting it...

caslindy 02-17-2008 12:50 PM

Hi Jo, I will be giving SU another call tomorrow - why it hasn't come I still haven't been able to establish. The order went in on the 5th February to be shipped direct to the hostess. I also placed an order for myself and a couple of friends a few minutes after and this one is delayed too. However the one I submitted on the Thursday 7th Feb actually arrived at the hostess house on 12th Feb.

Chris is back off leave tomorrow so I am hoping that he will be able to shed some light on these two orders as I have had no satisfactory explanation from the lady who could hardly understand what I was asking!

Hopefully all will be resolved soon Jo and this is just a blip.

annebarc 02-17-2008 03:17 PM

My order is LOST!!!!

My demo tracked my order today and UPS tracking says it was delivered on Feb. 13th. It did not get delivered to me! I was home that whole day and was watching vigilantly because I was sort of expecting my order to arrive that day. My order was over $600!!!! So I was lurking by the window most of the afternoon (when UPS usually comes here) and it never arrived. Of course, there is no way to find out what has happened because today is Sunday and tomorrow is a holiday. I live in a fairly rural area and know most of my neighbors so if it was delivered to the wrong house I certainly would have heard by now from a neighbor. What do we do now? My demo is very upset and is going to try to contact Stampin' Up ASAP and other than that I guess I will just have to wait and see what happens. I am upset about my order but also my friend's stuff that was included in my order. What a bummer! I thought it was a little crazy that it had been over two weeks but everyone was saying that there were delays due to SAB. But the 13th was the date that I figured I would have it by.
Has anyone ever had this happen to them?

lindylou1220 02-18-2008 12:34 AM

Yes, unfortunately, an order gets lost every so often. But I believe SU! will be open today despite the holiday so they should be able to get on it right away. If it's lost, they'll make it good; but you will have to wait for it.:-(