Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 01-13-2006, 09:40 PM   #1  
Vee
Glitter Guru

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Ever combine sets?

I am outta room! I am moving and hope to have a stamp room an a couple months, but for now I had to put the Christmas sets somewhere else and I combined 2 sets. Anyone ever do that? I put all the little tag stamps (12) together in a large stamp case and I put easy elegance with Art of Life in a large stampcase. If I ever want to trade or sell either the rubber is different color on each seperate set. (I write the set man on the end of each stamp anyway, because I often combine tons while I work) These 4 sets combine perfectly!
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-13-2006, 10:05 PM   #2  
Stazon Splitcoast

It is nice to combine those sets that work so well together! Actually, when I was not a demo, I never even kept sets together...just grouped by type of stamp. I used those large lucite picture frames. Obviously a lot of the time entire sets would still stay together, but it does take up a LOT less room doing it that way!

Now that I am a demo I keep them all together again, it just makes it easier to grab and demo a set, but I do miss the other way too. You know, if you really get into it, you can order different sizes of stamp cases to make it easier to fit two sets into one case...they're not expensive.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-14-2006, 08:08 AM   #3  
Pearl-ExPert

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Vee, I have combined a lot of my stamp sets. It's what works easiest for me. I bought a bunch of the large stamp cases and combined stamp sets according to themes. I keep all my stamp sets stored on a book shelf in my stamp room with shelves for different themes. So if I need to make a birthday card, I can go to that shelf and pull out the sets that I need and stamp away. I know most people would tell you not to do this, but this system works best for the space that I have and the way that I work!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-14-2006, 08:11 AM   #4  
First To Quack

me too. if there is extra room in the SU! case I will put matching single stamps in with them. Those single stamps tend to get lost in the drawer, even tho I have a book of stamped images of all my stamps.

Cards from the Cabana
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-14-2006, 11:56 AM   #5  
Insane Embellisher

You know, I went through this when I redid my room when I moved to my new house a few months ago. (check out my gallery) I have NEVER put stamps in a set where they did not belong, but I had put 2 stamp sets together in a big case if they fit (Lovely Leaves & Fantastic Foliage).

Then when I moved I decided to revamp my whole stamp organization system. I do have a good amount of non-SU! stamps and I keep those in SU! cases as well. I ended up with a lot of extra cases because I always take my big Background stamps out of the case and just keep them in a drawer. No need to have to take ONE stamp out of a case. They fit much better in the drawer and that way and I can fit more.

I decided to put all my birthday stamps together - one case has Words, one has verses, one has gifts (great for using for Cmas too) and one has cakes. I grouped together all my graduation stamps, thank you stamps - mostly ones with words and special occassions. All my flower stamp sets are still together. I have all my heart stamps together - I mean when I go to make a valentine card, I want to get all my heart stamps out, so I decided to try this system. So far I REALLY like it! I have all my drawers labeled so I know where to find these stamps as well. Without the labeling system I'd be so lost! The only thing - if you decide you don't want a set anymore, you have to double check to make sure all your stamps are in the case! The majority of my stamp sets are in the original case - and I keep all my Cmas stamps in one area and all my flower stamps in one area. I basically broke up most of the 'occassion' sets. Greetings Galore, Sketch an Event, etc.

I do however combine some sets without separating the stamps out in a case if they fit - like Art of Life and Petal Prints II or whatever that set was called from the mini. I bought the SU! incentive stamps and cut the image from the word and put those words with the EFP set. That works nice. When I do combine my sets, I pull the stickers off the cases and put them on the new case.

You know I just bought Print Pattern and since I don't use the case, I put the sticker that would go on the case on the side of the BG stamp. LOVE IT - then if I go to trade it I know what it's called -

Do whatever works for you. I hope I maybe helped you out some...

Good luck!

Vicki Nelson
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-14-2006, 12:14 PM   #6  
Die Cut Diva

Quote:

Originally Posted by Vee
I am outta room! I am moving and hope to have a stamp room an a couple months, but for now I had to put the Christmas sets somewhere else and I combined 2 sets. Anyone ever do that? I put all the little tag stamps (12) together in a large stamp case and I put easy elegance with Art of Life in a large stampcase.
Oooh, good idea to combine Art of Life with Easy Elegance. I'll definitely do that. I already combined the 12 tag stamps into one case, and I combined Loads of Love and the Accessories into one case.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-14-2006, 12:57 PM   #7  
Insane Embellisher

Oh yeah - I have the Loads of Love sets together & the All Wrapped Up w/ Accessories. I also have ALL the small background stamp sets together in the largest case. Much easier than surfing through the small sets. I couldn't tell you which stamp goes with which set anymore though. HA! I also combined (which is now retired) Little Shapes & Shape of Things.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-14-2006, 08:23 PM   #8  
Stazon Splitcoast

That is another thought....make sure you have a book or hang on to your catalogs, so when/if you ever sell a set you know you have all the stamps! I sold a set 4 or 5 years ago minus one stamp, because I didn't notice that not all of the stamps were there! When I found the stamp a couple of YEARS later, I had no way to find the buyer. Ohhhhhhhhh, talk about the guilt!
Reply With Quote Likes