Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 04-11-2007, 11:33 AM   #1  
Stampin' Fool

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Darn our Michaels!!!!

I went out to our Michaels again today and looked around for the clear acrylic stamps and none again!!! I asked if they were going to get any, and they said "we don't know". My DH was with me and when we got out in the car he said, "How can a store not know what they are or are not getting". They sure know they are getting Martha Stewart stuff since they have totally redone that part of the store for her. She (the clerk said, "just come in everyday and check and see what we have". It's about 1/2 hour away from us. If it was just down the street I wouldn't care. I would like to know how they determine who gets the clear stamps and who doesn't.
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-11-2007, 11:37 AM   #2  
Hardware Hotshot

You're not alone! My Michael's gives me the same reply. :mad:
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-11-2007, 12:06 PM   #3  
Rubber Obsessor

ugh me too! I have no new Cuttlebug stuff, no cute clear stams, and no new cricut carts at mine. I thought it was a New England thing. (We have the WORST
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-11-2007, 12:07 PM   #4  
Rubber Obsessor

er my post was cut off sorry! We have the tiniest Jo's ever. well I suppose it saves a little more money for stamps and nice paper right??
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-11-2007, 12:08 PM   #5  
Pearl-ExPert

Having worked in retail, it's true that the store staff has no idea what's coming in. They may have been told to do a floor set for a new product line coming in, but they probably don't know what specific pieces are coming. It's really frustrating from a retail management standpoint too, to not know what's coming in, if/when a product will be restocked, etc. Orders placed at CHA may take six months or more to come in. Usually the only shops who know exactly what's coming in are the small, independent ones who do their own ordering.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-11-2007, 12:26 PM   #6  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen Alumni M&M Stamper

I didn't even know about these clear stamps and happened upon them in the $1 bin at my Michael's. There were only 8 packets left, and I bought them all! They are CUTE.
However, I also get frustrated with my Michael's cause they don't have any new Cuttlebug stuff, and I really hate having to buy stuff on-line.
FS #44
My Blog: wheremmsgather
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-11-2007, 12:43 PM   #7  
Insane Embellisher

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cindygrammy2
I went out to our Michaels again today and looked around for the clear acrylic stamps and none again!!! I asked if they were going to get any, and they said "we don't know".
And since I know which Michaels you're talking about, doesn't it seem like they have MORE of the SAME wood $1 stamps they've had in forever? :rolleyes: I get tired of asking when they're going to get the clear acrylic stamps in.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-11-2007, 12:45 PM   #8  
Stampin' Fool

I have been to Michael's everyday this week looking for these clear stamps. I actually called last Saturday to see if they had them, the girl I spoke to said they sold out so fast that they orders them again. They have no idea when they will come in. I did explain that I was looking for the 2nd shipment of these Studio G stamps, and all the packages were pink unlike the 1st set which were a variety of colors. I think she meant the 1st shipment sold out not the pink ones. It's pretty sad when the customers know their stock better than the employees! I'll check again tomorrow (I will pass by on the way to the Dr's) , but then I'm giving up for a while.
Dina
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-11-2007, 12:49 PM   #9  
Stampin' Fool

WOW!! How did you know I was talking about the Topeka store? Yes, the $1.00 bin is swimming with the same one's that were there for the grand opening last summer, along with the foam ones. I may head to Lawrence but, last time I was there they didn't have any either. Maybe keep going and head for KC. LOL!!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-11-2007, 01:06 PM   #10  
Kookie Creator

My local Michael's doesn't have them either - I've been checking for a
few weeks now. :(
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-11-2007, 01:39 PM   #11  
Pearl-ExPert

Joann's is no better, there are lots of empty shelves and yet retailers complain that nobody is buying. Well, dimwits, stock the shelves!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-11-2007, 01:54 PM   #12  
Stazon Splitcoast

Hi. I work at Michael's and like Jen said...we don't know when we're getting what or what it is. Michael's and JoAnn's are on what is called a perpetual ordering system. The orders are automatically placed based on what the system says. We as employees or even management do not really have any say in it. When we unload trucks, we don't know what's on them until they had us the report. The reason no one really knows much about the 1.00 clear ones at Michael's is because they do not come on a regular truck. The come from Fed Ex and are processed as directs. They are sent to us at random as far as I know. They show up, no real notice and don't say when or even if more are coming in. I have worked at J's and now work at M's. It is VERY frustrating on both sides of the counter. When a customer asks about a product I feel like a complete idiot b/c I can't give them any answers. As a customer it's very frustrating b/c I can't get an answer. The only thing I can say is call everyday if you have to and ask about them. When you do, explain to them that they do not come in as a regular shipment but as a direct. If the person you are speaking to doesn't unload the trucks they may not know what you're talking about. Tell them to either look in the directs area or have them ask the person who handles the directs if they've come in. They are in a box from Hampton Arts (return addy). I hope maybe this helps ease the frustration. My stock room mgr is getting a little annoyed with me b/c I keep asking her everyday if they've came in. She didn't know what they were as she doesn't do stock until I explained them to her and showed her the first set but she is on the lookout for me.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-11-2007, 04:56 PM   #13  
Mad Swapper

Hi -

I found no clear $1.00 stamps at the Michael's near me in Nashua, NH, but did find a bin full at the Michael's about 1/2 hour from me in Salem, NH. So I bought three packages and a little acrylic block. They also had in the same area the $1.00 wood mounted stamps from Valentine's day that they had in the store closer to me.

THis store too had empty shelves - almost an entire aisle. They must be gearing up for the big Martha debut. I wonder why she's coming in so much later in the paper crafting business when there's already so many other companies already on the shelves.

Linda
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-11-2007, 05:33 PM   #14  
Insane Embellisher

Nothing in St. Louis. I was there again today. Now I didn't ask but I'm there so often I would know if they get any. They are rearranging a couple of the aisles when they just redid the store a couple of months ago. Can't wait to see what will be new!!!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-11-2007, 05:39 PM   #15  
Inking Addict

I have been going to Michael's everyday to see what has come in, they are in the middle of moving their stock around and boxes are all over the place, it just kills me to see all those boxes with stuff in them waiting to be unpacked. What if those clear stamps are in one of those boxes! I did send Michael's customer service an email last week asking about the clear stamps and I haven't even been acknowledged.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-11-2007, 05:49 PM   #16  
Stazon Splitcoast

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

I called the largest Michaels in my area, which is in a neighboring town about 30 miles away from me. I talked to the assistant manager, who said: "Oh, yes we have the new ones. We just got a whole case of them."

You know how quickly I jumped my in car and drove clear down there. When I arrived, I asked for the assistant manager who I had talked to.

She came up front, went to the dollar bins, looked, looked again, and said, "I don't know what happened, the box was right here, ready to unpack." There were no clear stamps to be seen.

She went all over the store, looking for the box. She said someone must have taken it to the back, and it never did get unpacked. I said, "Can we get it and get some stamps out?"

She said, "We have over 300 boxes in the back for our scrapbook section, and I have no idea what is in them. You'll just have to come back another day and see if we've unpacked them."

I have called every day since, and no luck so far.

"Be kind whenever possible. It is always possible." Dalai Lama
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-11-2007, 06:02 PM   #17  
gio
Kookie Creator

I know that I have gone to my Michael's several time and it seems I always "miss" the shipment of the $1.00 acrylic stamps. However the other day I was in Shopko and they had the same acrylic stamps that Michael's sell for 99 cents. Check your Shopko scrapbooking section and you may have some luck.

Gabriel , Isabelle, Olivia
My three inspirations
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-11-2007, 06:41 PM   #18  
Forum Fanatic

They say misery loves company... Anchorage currently has only one Mike's and I have gotten the same story as you all. I actually told the store manager a few weeks ago about the acrylics. He had no idea. They say that it's an "impulse" item and that they come in sporadically.

My Gallery
and My Blog

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-11-2007, 06:46 PM   #19  
Matboard Maniac

My Michaels had no clue what the clear $1 stamps were ........ looked at me like I was crazy!!! I want some clear $1 stamps!!!

Marian

I have lost 24.8 lbs since January 6th, 2007 - doing weight watchers.

I went to the SCS St. Louis / IL Stampede on April 21st!!!! wohoo! Had a great time!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-11-2007, 06:48 PM   #20  
Chattin' & Sippin' in SPAM-Land

I was going into our Michaels EVERY DAY and looking. One day they FINALLY had them and I got 3 or 4 sets. The next day they had almost NONE and now there is no sign they ever had any. They were totally sold out within maybe 4 or 5 days.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-11-2007, 07:31 PM   #21  
Forum Fanatic

My Michael's had bunch of them one day and three days later there were just a few floating around in the $1 scrapbookin bin- YEAH one bin for all the $1 scrapbooking stuff, it is a big round bin with three shelves on it and all the stuff is mixed together, punches, stickers, rubber & acrylic stamps! My husband and I spent 15 mintutes diging through it and only found a handful of them.

They also just rearranged the store and cut the stamping/scraping section to a third of what is use to be! I'm sooo upset, they are the closest craft store to me and now there is no reason to go there!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-11-2007, 07:42 PM   #22  
Polyshrink Goddess

If anyone is near the Davenport IA Michaels store, they had a good selection of the 2nd set of clear $1 stamps about 5:30 tonight when I stopped in. It's about a 45 minute drive for me so I don't get there often. I didn't ever see the first sets in this store. When I checked out, the clerk told me these were sure cute & she didn't even know they had them.

They also had several of the $1 wood stamps that they have had since before Christmas.

Deb
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-11-2007, 08:10 PM   #23  
Duchess of Dork

I went to one of our Michael's & was told that they've had them, but the same lady comes in each week & buys them ALL as soon as they get them! I wonder if she's on SCS!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-11-2007, 08:22 PM   #24  
Inking Addict

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chef Mama
I went to one of our Michael's & was told that they've had them, but the same lady comes in each week & buys them ALL as soon as they get them! I wonder if she's on SCS!
She's probably the one selling them on Ebay for $60 a set.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-11-2007, 08:28 PM   #25  
Inking Addict

Geeez! I'm starting to sound snarky! To be fair I should have said, she's auctioning them off to people willing to pay $60 a set for them.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-11-2007, 08:31 PM   #26  
Forum Fanatic

Quote:

Originally Posted by sixty6pixiestix
She's probably the one selling them on Ebay for $60 a set.
That was my thought too.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-12-2007, 08:27 AM   #27  
Insane Embellisher

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cindygrammy2
WOW!! How did you know I was talking about the Topeka store?
I was there several weeks ago, looking through the $1 bin of stamps, when I heard someone tell the woman with her about this great site called Splitcoaststampers. I chimed in with my (high) opinion of the site, and we exchanged screen names. Then the three of us dug through the $1 stamps looking for a pregnant lady stamp. THAT'S how I knew you were talking about the Topeka store. ;)
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-12-2007, 08:30 AM   #28  
Stazon Splitcoast

they are all the same...in fact, when I finally found mine and was at the checkout, the clerk asked me what the stamps were for...as in what on earth would you do with things like that!!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-12-2007, 08:56 AM   #29  
Crimping Master

Our Michaels had a bunch of the new ones today. Here is a link to the distributer of them(its on back of pack):

http://www.hamptonart.com/index.asp
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-12-2007, 09:02 AM   #30  
Forum Fanatic

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jillgunter
Our Michaels had a bunch of the new ones today. Here is a link to the distributer of them(its on back of pack):

http://www.hamptonart.com/index.asp
Thanks a lot enabler! LOL- I've only looked at a couple sets so far, but they have some really cute stuff!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-12-2007, 10:43 AM   #31  
Inking Addict

I recieved a reply today from the email I had sent Michael's customer service last week and they suggested I call the store manager. I spoke to the store manager and she explained that these stamps are seasonal,and if I had the sku number from one of the sets she can tell if more have been ordered and when they will be coming in. Does anyone have a sku number from one of the newest sets that are currently available? I think they are in the pink packages. The sku numbers would be the numbers under the bar code. Thanks!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-12-2007, 11:10 AM   #32  
Crimping Master

I bought two today of the new ones:

The bar code is the same on both packs. I think they should limit how many people buy. That is not right for someone to come in and buy them all.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 04-12-2007, 11:22 AM   #33  
Inking Addict

Thank you so much Jillgunter!
Reply With Quote Likes