Splitcoaststampers

Splitcoaststampers (https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/)
-   General Stamping Talk (https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/general-stamping-talk-17/)
-   -   Dark card base...what do you do? (https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/general-stamping-talk-17/dark-card-base-what-do-you-do-168296/)

jenmason 07-24-2006 10:04 PM

Dark card base...what do you do?

I have made some cards that are on Night of Navy as the base. Would you leave as is and hope they use black ink or would you put a lighter piece of cardstock on the inside?

Thanks,
Jen

kiraj 07-24-2006 10:22 PM

I mat a lighter color inside that measures 4 x 5 1/4. Or if you are a demo it's a great opportunity to demonstrate how great the white gel pen is. It looks cool on dark cardstock.

newtnewt 07-24-2006 10:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kiraj
I mat a lighter color inside that measures 4 x 5 1/4. Or if you are a demo it's a great opportunity to demonstrate how great the white gel pen is. It looks cool on dark cardstock.

This is exactly what I do too.

LeahsCreations 07-24-2006 11:21 PM

Ditto - usually whisper white or vanilla.

GarnetJ 07-25-2006 12:01 AM

If the front of the card has a lot of layers I don't like to put cardstock on the inside. I bought a package of light colored copy paper. It has "texture" and comes in colors like Gray Marble, Granite Rose, or Parchment Celadon.
I cut the paper in half, fold like a card, and trim it down to 5.5 x 4 inches. Then I use tape runner to stick the paper insert down to both the front and back of the card right next to the fold.
On a fancy card this gives me an excuse to tie a gold cord around the card fold.

GarnetJ 07-25-2006 12:02 AM

Oops. I meant 5.25 x 4 inches.

kphorse 07-25-2006 03:57 AM

I will mount a text weight piece of paper on the inside to write on.

Sometimes, I will write with the Signo white pen, but not everybody has them.

lauraos 07-25-2006 04:00 AM

I put a piece of light cs (white or cream, depend son what matches) on the inside - 4 x 5.25. If the front has a lot of layers and bulk, I find the cs inside helps balance the weight and keep it from being too top heavy.

Laura

Sereikastamper 07-25-2006 04:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kiraj

Me too!

raestamps 07-25-2006 04:19 AM

I agree with the white gel pen. I think you *must* buy the white gel pen that SU carries. It is great! I have bought others and they never work.

happystamper05 07-25-2006 04:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lauraos
I put a piece of light cs (white or cream, depend son what matches) on the inside - 4 x 5.25. If the front has a lot of layers and bulk, I find the cs inside helps balance the weight and keep it from being too top heavy.

Laura

yup, me too!

and/or..... SU!'s white gel pen is the best! :-)

afancycat 07-25-2006 05:16 AM

I have stamped my greeting in white craft ink and/or embossed in a light colored EP to save lining the inside. HTH!

annabelle1974 07-25-2006 05:17 AM

I make my own Post Its with repositionable glue. I cut them just a bit smaller than the inside of the card and attach only at the top corners. This way the card can be reused. I print a teeny note to that effect on the bottom of my homemade post it and also explain how they can reuse the clear envelope it is sent in.

rocketgirl96 07-25-2006 05:28 AM

I do what GarnetJ does, except instead of copy paper, I use tracing vellum (available in the art aisles). It's see-through but not slick, so you can print on inkjet printers. I think it looks a lot like the inside of "those other" cards at the store.

rocketgirl96 07-25-2006 05:29 AM

Oh, and I forgot to say that I just attach the inside to the fold of the card.

thuskins 07-25-2006 05:45 AM

I try to avoid dark bases but I have put a sheet of regular paper inside to line it. (Acid free printer paper) I tie it with ribbon along the spine of the card and then dry emboss a pattern on the front flap.

MSBetsyZ 07-25-2006 10:00 AM

I like full liners, too. I use text weight paper in a coordinating color. You can generally find assortments of them in office supply stores. It's also nice to use the stuff to make coordinating liners for envelopes.

nancystamps 08-08-2006 03:55 PM

My demo did a great card in which the dark cardstock base was a mat behind a slightly smaller, lighter cardstock card which opened. I thought that was a great ideaa.

Nitsy73 08-08-2006 06:06 PM

Oooooo...I like this idea. I usually just use the fancy copy papers on the "writing" side of the inside, but I like the folded idea. Very fancy, schmancy!

Anita

Quote:

Originally Posted by GarnetJ
If the front of the card has a lot of layers I don't like to put cardstock on the inside. I bought a package of light colored copy paper. It has "texture" and comes in colors like Gray Marble, Granite Rose, or Parchment Celadon.
I cut the paper in half, fold like a card, and trim it down to 5.5 x 4 inches. Then I use tape runner to stick the paper insert down to both the front and back of the card right next to the fold.
On a fancy card this gives me an excuse to tie a gold cord around the card fold.