Splitcoaststampers

Splitcoaststampers (https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/)
-   General Stamping Talk (https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/general-stamping-talk-17/)
-   -   Dandelion Stamps (https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/general-stamping-talk-17/dandelion-stamps-629374/)

Doris B 06-02-2019 06:42 AM

Dandelion Stamps

i love the Dandelion Wishes from Stampin’ Up!
It’s on my wish list
However I am curious does SU! Have a stamp it looks like the yellow dandelion while it’s blooming, can be current or retired

TeeGeeDee 06-02-2019 10:36 AM

You might like one by Picket Fence Studios (link is to Simon Says Stamp):

Picket Fence Studios DANDELION WISHES Clear Stamp Set f101 at Simon Says STAMP!

It should also be available at Ellen Hutson. Ardyth features it in this gallery post:
Picket Fence Studios Life Changing Blender Brushes by Ardyth - at Splitcoaststampers

This gallery post from 2017 by LizBeth1976 features one by CTMH (from a set called Treasures). I have no idea if it's still available:
Dandelion Birthday for BonnieG by LizBeth1976 - at Splitcoaststampers

wavejumper 06-02-2019 12:49 PM

I know you asked for SU, but if you are willing to go afield and just google dandelion rubber stamp a ton will come up...in fact I just put two into my wishlist from England in case I find them here plus one from Beeswax that is bontanically oriented.

at SSS
dandelion stamp at Simon Says STAMP!

at Etsy -I am going to surf this myself bc I already saw an extra large seed stamp

Dandelion rubber stamp | Etsy

they have always been around but seem to me got popular in the past year.

SkyNacho 06-02-2019 08:23 PM

Those search results all seem to be showing dandelions that have already gone to seed/turned to fluff. I'm not seeing any results that are in the yellow petal stage.

cailinriley 06-02-2019 09:27 PM

A Google search led me to this discovery. I know nothing about the seller. Myrtarsho: Dandelion

Some people consider the flower in SU's Serene Silhouettes to be a dandelion. I don't think it is; the leaves are wrong.

Cook22 06-02-2019 11:34 PM

There was one in wavejumper's Etsy link which had both the yellow flower and a seed head. To be honest, I'm not surprised that there aren't a lot, given that they are such a weed. Someone asked me recently about thistle stamps and even with their Scottish association I couldn't find very many nice ones. I was guessing because it's really considered a weed.

TeeGeeDee 06-03-2019 08:55 AM

I think this is the one Sabrina means (from wavejumpers post):

DANDELION Rubber StampDandelion WeedsWild | Etsy

Although none of the links are SU so it might not matter.

harvestmoon 06-06-2019 07:12 PM

SU has an Old set "Seeds of Kindness." There's a gallery here.

Doris B 06-07-2019 05:36 AM

Although I was looking for one that was in yellow bloom, I do appreciate seeing the other options out there, because I definitely need one of those fluffy dandelions.

Hadn’t thought of “serene silhouettes” but it could pass for one
Hadn’t noticed “seeds of kindness” before but definitely dandelion

What do you guys think of the following stamp sets from Stampin’Up!
Happy harmony
Flowers for a friend
Reason to smile 2012 ( the side daisy)

I did notice that “balloon celebration” had the falling off fluff thing

Would those pass as dandelion?