Splitcoaststampers

Splitcoaststampers (https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/)
-   General Stamping Talk (https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/general-stamping-talk-17/)
-   -   Cuttlebug and Texture plates (https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/general-stamping-talk-17/cuttlebug-texture-plates-421510/)

wnramirez77 02-23-2009 03:10 PM

Cuttlebug and Texture plates

Has anyone tried the textured plates with the cuttle bug? i bought everything stampin up recommends to make it work. i.e. rubber plates ect... but i can not seem to get them to work.

Has anybody figured out a trick?

Allistamps123 02-23-2009 04:09 PM

I don't have an answer but a question...sorry! I've been wondering how you get six prints out of three folders...my demo doesn't have the big shot, so she didn't know...thanks.

strappystamper 02-23-2009 04:32 PM

I just got the texture plates today and I used them with my Cuttlebug plates. I found this sandwich here on SCS:

From the bottom:
A Plate
Texture Plate
cardstock
Rubber Silicone
(I used 5 pieces of cardstock to Shim)
B Plate

Worked like a charm!!

Hope that helps!

strappystamper 02-23-2009 04:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by stampinsane! (Post 13219190)
I don't have an answer but a question...sorry! I've been wondering how you get six prints out of three folders...my demo doesn't have the big shot, so she didn't know...thanks.

They are not folders like the Provo Craft folders....they are two sided plates. You lay your cardstock on one side so you don't get the deep indentation like a Cuttlebug folder that is sandwiching the paper on both sides. Does that make sense?

cla616 02-23-2009 04:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by stampinsane! (Post 13219190)

they are double sided :) just put the "texture" you want facing the cardstock

cla616 02-23-2009 04:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by strappystamper (Post 13219408)
I just got the texture plates today and I used them with my Cuttlebug plates. I found this sandwich here on SCS:

From the bottom:
A Plate
Texture Plate
cardstock
Rubber Silicone
B Plate

Worked like a charm!!

Hope that helps!

wow can't believe you use all those shims, but I have heard that the CB's are fairly inconsistent on that.

I just use (from the bottom)
A Plate
Shim (1 piece of Whisper White CS)
CS
Texture Plate
Silicone Pad
Impressions Pad (never thought to put a B Plate instead here)

and have been getting wonderful impressions

kphorse 02-23-2009 04:47 PM

Very lightly mist your paper with water and get even deeper impressions!

Tina S 03-04-2009 09:53 AM

Thank you!

Quote:

Originally Posted by cla616 (Post 13219453)
wow can't believe you use all those shims, but I have heard that the CB's are fairly inconsistent on that.

I just use (from the bottom)
A Plate
Shim (1 piece of Whisper White CS)
CS
Texture Plate
Silicone Pad
Impressions Pad (never thought to put a B Plate instead here)

and have been getting wonderful impressions

I was getting ready to return the Texturz plates to Stampin' Up! because I couldn't get it to work!! Now I LOVE it.
Here is the sandwich I use:
A Plate
whisper white cardstock as shim
texturz silicone rubber
cardstock
texturz plate
texturz impressions pad

puppydoggrins 03-04-2009 02:13 PM

I've only used the Fiskars plates, but I found that if I mist the paper lightly with rubbing alcohol it works just as well as using water, but it dries SO much faster.

Good luck,
Angela

Doxielover 03-04-2009 07:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by strappystamper (Post 13219408)

From the bottom:
A Plate
Texture Plate
cardstock
Rubber Silicone
B Plate

Worked like a charm!!

Hope that helps!

I tried this one and broke a practically new B plate into 3 pieces. Should have started with 1 shim and worked up because I got a decent impression using only 2 shims.