Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 06-28-2006, 03:57 PM   #1  
Rubber Obsessor

Location: in my own little bubble, I like it here. Actually I'm in a tiny town in Tx with no stop light!
Default cut alphabits?

has anyone unmounted and cut up alphabits? I really don't use it, but want tiny letters to make words and haven't been able to find small letters (though I hear snap stamps has small ones, but don't like all the spacing in between letters) so I am considering cutting apart the letters on my alphabits stamps. only trouble with that is I really need to unmount the foam too for somthing that small. I was curious if someone else has attempted this yet, and what method they used to "cling" them, and if it worked out well or did you regret it?

thanks for the input!
Old 06-28-2006, 06:53 PM   #2  
Stazon Splitcoast

Well, if you're not using the set the way it is, why not give it a try? I would definitely pop it in the microwave first to get it off the wood and the foam. Those will just make it tough to get such small cuts straight.

To use them, I'd just get some poster tape or some other strong repositionable stuff and put strips on an acrylic block. Then you can build words right there on the block.
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Old 06-28-2006, 06:57 PM   #3  
Matboard Maniac

There was a thread on here a while back about someone who cut hers apart and then mounted each individual letter on the single Lego bricks. Then when she wanted to make a word, she would pop them onto one of the long Legos and stamp it.....kinda like the precursor to snap stamps, only homemade!
Old 06-28-2006, 08:27 PM   #4  
Rubber Obsessor

I haven't tried to un-mount stamps before but I did buy the rough edges alphabets that are avail in the new catty. they are individual letters and are about the same size as the alphabits!