Splitcoaststampers

Splitcoaststampers (https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/)
-   General Stamping Talk (https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/general-stamping-talk-17/)
-   -   CTMH Must-haves? (https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/general-stamping-talk-17/ctmh-must-haves-231182/)

Candle Lisa 03-09-2007 09:38 AM

CTMH Must-haves?

Hi All!
I have a friend doing a party with CTMH and I know they're having a buy 2 sets get one free sale this month. I'd like to take advantage of it but I don't have a whole lot of money to spend. What are the BEST and most useful sets that are under $20?

Michellelovesscrap 03-09-2007 09:47 AM

I don't know the US prices, but here are my faves:
-Flower Girls
-Let's Shop
-Confetti and favors
-Beetle bugs
-Card Sentiments
-monograms sets
-Classic Caps alpha
The following are on my wish list:
-Boutique Alpha
-Rustic Alpha
-Cobbllestone Alpha

Stampingwithkids 03-09-2007 12:30 PM

A lot would depend on what you would use the stamps for. I do scrapbooking quite a bit so I love their alpha sets. I have used every one I have gotten more times than I could count. My latest is the Charmed alpha, I can't wait to get it in the next week. Their monograms look pretty cool. Each of them are $13.95. If you want a lot of different images and words those would be your best buy I think. I have found that with acrylic that words and letters show up well, it is the real detailed images that I have issues with.

DaphD 03-09-2007 01:10 PM

Don't know the prices but I love, "Adorable" and "Alfresco" I just hosted a card workshop where we used "Alfresco" to make 6 cards and card holder and it was great. I will try to upload pictures of the cards later. Have fun!

Runamok 03-09-2007 01:50 PM

Any place online where we could see the catalog?

moomooluvr 03-09-2007 02:12 PM

We don't have an online catalog, but feel free to visit my website to look at stamps there.

www dot christinet dot myctmh dot com (it still won't let me post urls even though I have more than 3 posts).

The only stamps that do not count toward qualifying purchases are personalized stamps, discounted stamps and SOTM.

moomooluvr 03-09-2007 02:13 PM

Duh...there's my website at the bottome of my post!

Candle Lisa 03-09-2007 03:43 PM

Glad to know about the SOTM. I was considering that one.

I use stamps for cards mostly. I don't scrapbook so any tips from that angle would be great! Does anyone know how to find any cards made with CTMH stamps on the Gallery?

ajcmeyer 03-09-2007 05:47 PM

Gotta haves:

Precious Alphabet
Journaling Jots
Vintage Valentine
Vintage Christmas
Miracle
Cherish
Antique Tags
School Zone
My Heart

These are my favs from the new catalog!

nvscrapmom 03-09-2007 09:04 PM

I couldn't live with my elegant floral set. Also love rose garden, but I don't know if that is current anymore

greetingsbydebra 03-10-2007 05:00 AM

I just got my first CTMH stamps this week. I was very pleasantly surprised. Really nice stamps! I like all I got, but the one I would not pass up is the March Stamp of the Month, Rustic Flowers. Friendship Flowers is also great. I'm looking forward to April because I *must* have that Stamp of the Month, too!

sly4100 03-10-2007 05:16 AM

I'm about to place my first order- gotta keep an eye on this thread!

diane860 03-10-2007 05:52 AM

i just made my first CTMH purchase and it was the swival stapler which I LOVE! It is so so cool. My next step is to try some unmounted stamps during this special. Thanks for some insight into your favorites.

Diane

moomooluvr 03-10-2007 06:51 AM

All of the alpha solos are great too. You should definitely check those out!

speanburg4 03-10-2007 07:20 AM

Keep in mind that while the giant alphas, like Boutique, count toward your purchased sets, you cannot get one of those free. The free sets are limited to the $22.95 and under sets.

Runamok 03-10-2007 08:13 AM

Moomooluvr--thanks so much for the link--I'll check it out!

jeanstamping2 03-10-2007 09:59 AM

My vote for the CTMH must have's are
Stamp sets: Cherish & Life is.
and the Swivel Stapler.
Here are some samples of the two stamp set:
Life is CTMH

Cherish stamp

I also use Life is on the Cherish card.

I also like their Scrapbook paper kits.

mytime 03-10-2007 10:00 AM

There is a girl scouts one I like cant remember the name for the life of me
In the Spring Catalog I love all their sentiments in the back
Adorable (like a paisley set)
adorable bkgds
Flyin High boy set -cute!
Paper are pretty too.

HeatherHolbrook 03-10-2007 05:10 PM

All our alpha sets are great, and the Solos too. My current new faves are Adorable, Wonderful Charms, and the March SOTM!

ajcmeyer 03-11-2007 09:59 AM

The girl scout set is called Make new Friends and only costs $13.95!

Korillian 03-11-2007 10:18 AM

My favorite CTMH sets:

Happy Birthday -- a great mix of fonts and sizes!
Floral Delights -- the flowers in this are very different looking
Love Tags -- this is good for cards and scrapping!

HTH!

Joan B 03-11-2007 04:47 PM

Can someone tell me how these stamps come -- in a clear box like SU, on a sheet, etc.?? Thanks

paperhead 03-11-2007 04:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Joan B
Can someone tell me how these stamps come -- in a clear box like SU, on a sheet, etc.?? Thanks

They come on a flat sheet, they are clear stamps. You have to buy the stamp blocks separately. Advantage of course, is storage and since the stamp blocks are clear, you can see precisely where you are stamping.

They come in a little envelope with a plastic sheet pad for stamping.

I have the Alfresco set, I'd like the Adorable set, but I ordered the Monograms for the Stampaganza promotion.

Jillgunter 03-11-2007 05:09 PM

They are kind of nice, I think they are a little more reasonalbe once you already have some blocks. Plus they do save alot of room in storage.

tannersmummy 03-11-2007 05:54 PM

My favorites are the playful alphabet, simple blossoms, from the heart, little boys, flyin' high, and as soon as my charm alphabet gets here tomorrow I'm sure it will go to the top of my list. :)

Twinshappy 03-11-2007 07:41 PM

Must have:

Simple blossoms
Life is
Because of you (sayings sets)
Totally Chic

I have all these sets and you can see some cards in my gallery that I have made with them. LOVE them all!!!!

gmcbunny 03-11-2007 08:01 PM

I would go for the march SOTM - Rustic Flowers it is a really great set

My current favs are Friendship Blessings and Adorable

DaphD 03-12-2007 12:35 PM

What did you end up getting, Lisa?

Candle Lisa 03-12-2007 12:45 PM

I'm still debating. I liked a set (name I can't remember) with lots of flowers and one stamp said "Sieze the Daisy" so I might just get that one and the blocks I need rather than the incentives. Or I might get one small flower set that was $10.95 and an alphabet set and then the 4-piece leaf set. I just can't decide!!! I need more money!! :)

munchkin25 03-12-2007 01:42 PM

for those of youthat have the sets, did you order yor blocks seperately or in the set they offer? i am looking into ordeing soon too and am lost in how to get my blocks. any suggestions?

gmcbunny 03-12-2007 01:46 PM

The blocks are sold seperately. Underneath each stamp set you will notice that the suggested acrylic block sizes are listed. I usually recommend to my customers to choose the largest block first. That way you know all of the stamps will fit. Then just build your blocks up from there as you can

moomooluvr 03-12-2007 02:11 PM

The only stamp sets that come with a block are the customized stamps (address stamps), but those stamps aren't included in this month's Stampaganza. The blocks I use the most are the 1x1, 2x2, 3x3 and the 2x6 1/2 (for titles). I usually give my customers a 1x1 block free with a $30 purchase.

nvscrapmom 03-12-2007 02:29 PM

I know that for the blocks it is cheaper to go to walmart, a craft store or ebay. There used to be a seller called cleardollarstamps that had them cheap, don't know if they are still around or not

jeanstamping2 03-12-2007 03:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by munchkin25
for those of youthat have the sets, did you order yor blocks seperately or in the set they offer? i am looking into ordeing soon too and am lost in how to get my blocks. any suggestions?

I already have a couple of sets of Acrylic blocks from TAC.

Because our stamps use a Acrylic Block instead of wood Block.

HeatherHolbrook 03-13-2007 06:19 AM

If you are just starting out w/clear stamps the CTMH starter set of blocks is a great deal! Good selection of sizes, you'll be all set, you might only need one or two more blocks (like a really long one) for any other stamps in the future.
I only have maybe 7 sizes of blocks and it's all I need.

Michellelovesscrap 03-13-2007 07:19 AM

I've got 4 blocks:
-1 x 1
-1 x 6.5 (great for making long words!)
-2.5 x 2.5
-4 x 4

I am getting the 2 x 2 and 1 x 3.5
I am also really taking advantage of this promotion. I may actually have enough to count as a ws and get the hostess benefits!