Splitcoaststampers

Splitcoaststampers (https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/)
-   General Stamping Talk (https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/general-stamping-talk-17/)
-   -   Are CTMH Acrylic Blocks & Stamps Good Quality? (https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/general-stamping-talk-17/ctmh-acrylic-blocks-stamps-good-quality-243974/)

bluesh4rk 04-27-2007 11:49 AM

Are CTMH Acrylic Blocks & Stamps Good Quality?

Anyone have experience with CTMH acrylic blocks versus other blocks? I am curious as to the quality. Are they really nice blocks or should I be buying my blocks elsewhere? I'm assuming the CTMH acrylic stamps will stick to any acrylic block, right? And on that note, how are the CTMH stamps for quality? I have about $100 worth of stuff I want to get but I want to make sure it is good before I get it. I haven't ever seen this stuff in person and don't know if I have time to before the April stamp of the month promo ends. TIA!

hawaiianshells 04-27-2007 11:54 AM

CTMH is very good quality, my SIL is a rep, and that's all she has. I can't say how the quality is compared to other blocks though. It'd be interesting to find out if there is a difference. CTMH stamps should stick to any other acrylic block... well, in my mind it should :) Maybe someone else has more experience... i'm just a lowly glitter queen after all ;)

allidee 04-27-2007 11:56 AM

I like my CTMH acrylic blocks. If you like wood blocks with the hour glass shape then be sure to look for that in an acrylic. I have some acrylic blocks that are squared off and they are not very comfortable to use.

hydee 04-27-2007 12:02 PM

I LOVE my CTMH stamps and acrylic blocks. The blocks are 3/4" thick and they have beveled edges. There is also a line etched near the bottom of each block to help with lining up images. In my opinion, you can't go wrong with CTMH. Hope that's helpful!

NYstamper 04-27-2007 01:46 PM

I haven't used my stamps in awhile, but really liked the blocks..

Suzastampin 04-27-2007 02:21 PM

I love our CTMH blocks. They are the same thickness as the SU wood blocks, so, if you're used to them, they will feel comfortable in your hand. They have the same finger holds,etc. I had another brand of block that I bought from another DS company and they hurt my hands. They were about 1/2 the thickness (if that) of our blocks and the corners were sharp and the edges weren't nice and smooth like the CTMH ones. I got rid of them fast! I've seen the ones they sell in AC Moore..not sure of the brand. The edges look nice on them, but, they aren't as thick as the CTMH ones.
I don't think you'll regret getting the CTMH ones.

Suz
http://www.suzastampin.com

RJP111 04-27-2007 02:27 PM

I love my CTMH acylic stamps! I don't have any CTMH blocks, though; I get the blocks off EBay. The acrylic stamps adhere just fine to those blocks.

gmcbunny 04-27-2007 02:43 PM

CTMH blocks are really nice - they have the shape and weight of a wood block and the also have a guidline on the block to help with alignment. I have several other brands of acrylic stamps (thanks to all the enablers on this board:twisted: ) and can easily say they are some of the better quality acrylic stamps (Papertrey being my other favorite).

I haven't run into an arcylic stamp that hasn't stuck to our blocks yet

Skittl1321 04-27-2007 02:44 PM

I LOVE their blocks- but they are too expensive for me.

paperhead 04-27-2007 02:47 PM

The stamps are nicer than other acrylic stamps, but there's not as much difference (in my opinion of course) between quality of acrylic stamps as there is with rubber stamp quality.

The CTMH block easy to use and a good hand fit. But the other brand I bought has lines etched on it. Very nice for me since I have a horrid time keeping things straight. (even my teacher bulletin boards were slightly crooked.) Comes from being vertically challenged!

clou72 04-27-2007 02:48 PM

I love the CTMH blocks, and they have a carrying case that fits all the sizes, so it's really handy.

I love the stamps, too. I think both the blocks and stamps are very good quality.

Jovi 04-27-2007 02:55 PM

I�m another one who just LOVES my CTMH blocks. They are the only kind I use and they are well worth the extra you would pay. :p

DisneyDoll 04-27-2007 02:58 PM

LOVE, LOVE, LOVE my CTMH blocks and wouldn't use any other! I don't mind the slight extra cost as they are nice and thick and feel just like my wood blocked stamps. They are really nice ones!

Jovi 04-27-2007 03:00 PM

I�m finding that I like the acrylic stamps more now that I�ve been using them. When CTMH switched from rubber to acrylic I stopped buying stamps� I was dead set against using them. Now if I like the image I buy it, I�m not a CTMH acrylic snob anymore! :p

HeatherHolbrook 04-27-2007 04:50 PM

I've tried several other blocks from different companies and they can not compare to the CTMH blocks. Our are so comfy, have a great weight and thickness.
And I think our stamps are the highest quality clear stamps out there (but I'm kinda biased;))

Aimee30 04-27-2007 05:08 PM

I have a few of their blocks and like them because of the similarity between them and the wooden blocks SU uses. I use them for my papertrey ink stamps and other acrylic stamps set and the few bellas i own.

Shanon 04-27-2007 05:19 PM

They are great great great! :mrgreen:

bluesh4rk 04-27-2007 05:38 PM

Cool! Thanks all, I am meeting a CTMH demo tomorrow afternoon for the first time and I am super excited! I will be buying some acrylic blocks and stamps. Looking forward to playing with them!

Katie018075 04-27-2007 07:10 PM

I bought my first CTMH stamps during their special the other month and I couldn't be happier!! As a SU fan, I was skeptical at first, but they are grrreeat!!

StampinAK 04-27-2007 07:21 PM

I am mostly an SU stamper, but I have on occasion crossed to the "other" side. LOL! I really like CTMH acrylics and blocks. As others have mentioned, the thickness of the block and the beveled edge for your fingers to grip is great. I recently bought a Heidi Swapp block at my local scrap store and it is half the thickness without beveled edges or the guide line along the bottom. Not nearly as nice.

greetingsbydebra 04-28-2007 06:49 AM

I bought some CTMH stamps for the first time this year and are very happy with them. They are soooo much better than clear stamps of old. As for the blocks, I'm perfectly happy with the ones TAC sells. They are much cheaper and since they're not as thick they are lighter. Easier to store and use IMHO.

se_stamper 04-28-2007 07:16 AM

I don't own any of their blocks or stamps..but I found GREAT blocks at smartrubber.com.....thick smooth blocks with reasonable prices..I
love them!

Clear Stampin'Lady 04-28-2007 08:01 AM

HI! I really love our CTMH blocks. I have customers who have tried other companies and they always come back and say you really do get what you pay for. The beveled edges are wonderful, there is a line on the block to help you line everything up and the thickness of the block is just right.

Hope this helps!

fionna51 04-28-2007 06:09 PM

Blocks are WONDERFUL...but have heard that the acrylic stamps don't stamp as clearly as the rubber, that they tend to "smoosh". I use rubber on acrylic blocks.

frankie 04-28-2007 06:43 PM

I really love the CTMH blocks -- I'm so glad I took the plunge and bought 'em as they make stamping with my clear stamps SO much nicer. I also really like the carrying case you can get for 'em -- really neat way to store 'em and keep 'em safe 'cause they ARE an investment. I do have some plain 'ole squared off acrylic blocks that I bought in the beginning . . . HUGE difference between those and the CTMH blocks as far as comfort and long-term clarity IMO.

vensung1 04-28-2007 06:52 PM

Their blocks are the best ones on the market today- the only thing they could do to improve them is to add a grid option if they haven't done that already- They have the nice grooves like the wooden block for your fingers. I can stamp better with them than other acrylic blocks for that reason

ajcmeyer 04-29-2007 10:25 AM

OH yeah baby!

tdodd00 04-29-2007 10:40 AM

I just posted this question on another board this morning. I found http://cgi.ebay.com/Acrylic-Blocks-1...QQcmdZViewItem on Ebay this morning, for a very reasonable price. I cannot speak for CTMH, because I have never used them, but I am seriuosly considering these for myself. Some that he offers also have the laser line for straight stamping.

gmcbunny 04-29-2007 10:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by vensung1
Their blocks are the best ones on the market today- the only thing they could do to improve them is to add a grid option if they haven't done that already- They have the nice grooves like the wooden block for your fingers. I can stamp better with them than other acrylic blocks for that reason

I will suggest that to corporate (adding a grid to the blocks). I personally think its a good Idea

K. Benko 04-29-2007 10:56 AM

I agree with all the above - love my CTMH blocks. Those other ones with the straight sides are very hard to use expecially when you are use to SU and CTMH blocks. I don't like the block if it is not thick enough. You get what you pay for in the case.
kathy

SnazzyStamper 05-05-2007 04:50 PM

Does anyone have a picture of one of the CTMH blocks? I've mostly been buying SU stuff....

se_stamper 05-05-2007 06:32 PM

Did you happen to order any of these? I'd like to know how they are. Thanks

Quote:

Originally Posted by tdodd00
I just posted this question on another board this morning. I found http://cgi.ebay.com/Acrylic-Blocks-1...QQcmdZViewItem on Ebay this morning, for a very reasonable price. I cannot speak for CTMH, because I have never used them, but I am seriuosly considering these for myself. Some that he offers also have the laser line for straight stamping.

Shawna 05-05-2007 08:48 PM

I ordered these and I really like them Shawna

Did you happen to order any of these? I'd like to know how they are. Thanks

Quote:
Originally Posted by tdodd00