Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 07-07-2009, 06:13 PM   #1  
Pearl-ExPert

Received 89 Likes on 59 Posts
Default Sorry: Can't get excited about new In colors

In spite of the pics I have seen with the new in colors, it still leaves me un-inspired. Somehow those colors just do not get my juices flowing.

I have yet to see anything that inspires me to create with these colors. Sorry not interested.
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-07-2009, 06:20 PM   #2  
Polyshrink Goddess

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I'm not in love with them either. They seem too similar to other colors I already use from CTMH. They just aren't unique enough. I'll be passing on them for sure.

My Blogs: Mission Inkpossible & Embry Family Recipes
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-07-2009, 06:34 PM   #3  
Die Cut Diva

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I have seen them in person today. Now I like them.

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-07-2009, 06:39 PM   #4  
Matboard Maniac

I was not too jazzed about them myself, until I saw them in person Sunday...I only ordered three of them. I wanted the ribbon too but I had already spent wayyyy too much money!! Try to see them in person and give it another chance, it may change your mind.

Good Luck!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-07-2009, 06:47 PM   #5  
Hardware Hotshot

I've seen them in person and love Rich Razzleberry, Soft Suede and the Bermuda. The orange looks good with the soft suede. I think I will get RR, SS, and BB but I know what you mean about being close to other colors. Especially Dusty D, Crushed Curry and really the suede too. I think the suede will grow on me just like pink pirouette did. They are both just such nice, soft colors. I always love the blue color that comes out. I'm not in love with the ribbon. I'm not loving the melon in any way!

Last edited by Allistamps123; 07-07-2009 at 06:54 PM..
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-07-2009, 06:53 PM   #6  
Hardware Hotshot

I didn't think the last post went through and I rewrote it and now I can't delete this extra post. Ooooooops!

Last edited by Allistamps123; 07-07-2009 at 06:57 PM..
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-07-2009, 07:08 PM   #7  
Stampin' Fool

Really, the colors are so much better IRL than they are in pictures. Having said that, I really like only 2 of them--the suede and razzleberry.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-07-2009, 07:10 PM   #8  
Gabfest Goddess

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

When I first saw the new In Colors online, I thought they were going to be too much (too bright, too whatever) for my taste, but I always buy an assorted pack to see what they look like for real, and I was totally surprised at how much I love them! They look so much better than I thought they would when you have them in-hand. They're not nearly as bright and obnoxious as I feared they would be. Unlike many here, I didn't really like last year's in-colors except for one or two, but this year's in-colors will be ones that I will use a lot of. They go great with so many of the regular SU colors.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-07-2009, 07:18 PM   #9  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen

Received 433 Likes on 165 Posts

I'm not real crazy about the in colors, but the ones from the last two seasons had some of my favorites of all time. I just wish Stampin' Up would expand their line of colors to keep some of the old in colors. What is wrong with them handling 75 colors instead of 48? They would at least have the market on having the most colors of ink, since they already have so much competition in the stamp market that it's making it harder to compete. They will always have my business for ink and cardstock!!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-07-2009, 07:22 PM   #10  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen Alumni

I had a friend send me samples of each color because I felt just like you do. After seeing them in person and used on samples here on SCS I really like them. My SU! order with the In Colors are set to arrive tomorrow!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-07-2009, 07:27 PM   #11  

Quote:

Originally Posted by TrulySouthernView Post
I was not too jazzed about them myself, until I saw them in person Sunday...I only ordered three of them. I wanted the ribbon too but I had already spent wayyyy too much money!! Try to see them in person and give it another chance, it may change your mind.

Good Luck!!
I joined a ribbon share because I didn't want to spend 60.00 on ribbon. For 17.00 you get three yards of each In Color ribbon....here is the link if you're interested:
http://stampinat6213.blogspot.com/20...appin-and
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-07-2009, 10:30 PM   #12  
Rubber Obsessor

I felt the same way about last year's In Colors and really never got excited about them so was more excited about this year's. Once I saw them in person, I love them. From the examples I've seen in the gallery, I love how they blend with the core colour line better than being used with other In Colours. I should have my mixed package of CS later this week and look forward to playing.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-08-2009, 02:09 AM   #13  
Crimping Master

I'll chime in - seeing them in person helps! The colors are beautiful and I can't wait to try them out.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-08-2009, 02:49 AM   #14  
Stazon Splitcoast

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

I do have 2 inkpads - Soft Suede & Rich Razzleberry. I doubt I will get the rest.
I also have a some assorted packs of cardstock.
My problem is matching some of them with other colors. They just don't look right.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-08-2009, 03:19 AM   #15  
Gabfest Goddess

I received some samples from my demo. I didn't really care for any of them. I really don't like jewel tones so the purple, pink and blue ones are definitely a no go for me. And even though I usually like earth tones, the yellow, rust and drab greeny brown color just aren't cutting it for me. I have purchased the in-colors every year since they have been available. And I usually find a couple that I really love (river rock, soft sky, kiwi kiss, baja breeze...) but this year I just don't see that happening. I will probably order a variety pack of the cardstock just so I can play along with the color challenges here on SCS, but I doubt I will be buying in large quantities like I did in past years.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-08-2009, 03:33 AM   #16  
Pearl-ExPert

Quote:

Originally Posted by meluvstampinView Post
I do have 2 inkpads - Soft Suede & Rich Razzleberry. I doubt I will get the rest.
My problem is matching some of them with other colors. They just don't look right.
I am still having a problem with that with a couple of them, but have you tried the bermuda with cameo coral? That looks awesome together as well as the melon and gable green, and crushed curry with elegant eggplant. I am still working on the suede but those three were the ones that I wanted to really match up and see what looked good with them. I also think that they are better in person.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-08-2009, 04:16 AM   #17  
Creative Crew SU Design Team Alumni

I didn't like any of them but melon and razzleberry when I first saw them...and I'm a demo! Having said that I've not liked some of them before and ended up falling for all of them. SO I bought them all, and I love them in person and the more you make stuff with them the better they get! I love all of them and they make so many great combinations with each other and the other colors too. And they ARE what's in style now if you go shopping at the mall you'll see all of these colors. Not everyone will love them and that's ok! THere's always next year:-)

Check out my blog

Proud SCS Fan Club Member
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-08-2009, 04:32 AM   #18  
Gabfest Goddess

I liked them. Of course, my first impression was irl. I think that razzleberry looks an awful like PTI's raspberry. I usually buy a in color pack, just to get a sample of them. I have a love hate relationship with in colors. Mostly hate though. I don't like when they give us some of them and then take them away. Like wild wasabi and pink pirouette. What did I ever do to you stampin up??? Don't take away the good ones.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-08-2009, 07:31 AM   #19  
Watercolor Wizard

Last year, I didn't get any in color stuff, not because I didn't like them but because I don't like the idea that they will go away. I have some leftovers of cool caribbean, pomegranite, and wasabi, which I'm hoarding. But I hate that I can't get more of them.

Now that SU is offering the in colors in markers, I'm getting those and the paper assortment. My demo did a ribbon share, so I'll have some of each. It'll be fun to play with all 6 colors without committing large sums of money. For me, at least, getting some fun new toys to play with is always a good thing, and if I fall in love with any...I'll stock up on paper and full size pad and make sure to buy a reinker, too!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-08-2009, 07:33 AM   #20  
Matboard Maniac

Quote:

Originally Posted by strappystamperView Post
I joined a ribbon share because I didn't want to spend 60.00 on ribbon. For 17.00 you get three yards of each In Color ribbon....here is the link if you're interested:
http://stampinat6213.blogspot.com/20...appin-and.html
Wow...thanks alot!! I am still kinda new to SC and do not know about all these cool things...Have a Great day!!:p
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-08-2009, 07:40 AM   #21  
Stazon Splitcoast

I ordered the assortment pack just to see for myself. The Melon Mambo is very close to Raspberry Fizz - MM has a little more orange.

To me, the blue just looks like a little bit lighter Taken with Teal - I imagine that one will look differently IRL.

The suede color looks intersting as does the curry. I don't use orange-y colors that much so I'm sure others I have will do and I won't need DDurango.... but you just never do know until you see them in person!!

What I do like is that these colors seem to coordinate really well with OTHER colors. In the past, I thought In Colors coordinated so nicely with eachother that I tended to use them together (especially the last batch). This time around, I'm really excited to see what standard colors they complement.

Even if I don't get them all this time, I have a feeling I'll be inspired to use different color combinations, but maybe substitute something I already have that comes close. It's a breath of fresh air any way you look at it
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-08-2009, 09:26 AM   #22  
Matboard Maniac

I don't like the new colors either. They are just too jewel-tone for me. I have yet to see those colors at the mall, or in catalogs. I usually don't buy the In Colors because they disappear and I feel like I'm wasting my money. I do like the fact that in this latest catalog the DP uses more of the core colors and less In Colors.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-08-2009, 05:36 PM   #23  
Rubber Obsessor

Quote:

Originally Posted by meluvstampinView Post

The "Mix it up with colors" chart has been posted today in the download section, I love these charts. See the second post in the thread. Previous years combos are found in the first post
Forums at Splitcoaststampers
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-09-2009, 09:03 PM   #24  
Crimping Master

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

They are definitely the current trend; I bought 3 short sleeve sale t-shirts today in Christopher & Banks and the store was full of those exact new colors! I was amazed. And come to think of it I saw the previous colors there last year.

I guess pairing them with SU's core colors makes them work best, they look strange all together to me too. I like Melon Mambo and Bermuda Bay much better than the other 4 colors. Those 2 look pretty good together, if a bit on the bright side.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-10-2009, 08:02 AM   #25  
Mad Swapper

I like the color, but they seem simular enough to other SU colors current or retired that I already have so unless something really wows me, I'm not getting any of them. Now if they would go back and offer markers of all of the past in colors that I do have and love, I would jump on that in a heartbeat.
Reply With Quote Likes