Splitcoaststampers

Splitcoaststampers (https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/)
-   General Stamping Talk (https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/general-stamping-talk-17/)
-   -   Creative minds needed... (https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/general-stamping-talk-17/creative-minds-needed-188339/)

stampinbrenda 10-03-2006 12:57 PM

Creative minds needed...

Hope this is an appropriate forum to post this. It just doesn't seem to fit any of the catagories. Anyway, the church I attend has hosted a scrapbooking night once a month for the past few years. However, we need a new name as we want to open it up to crafters of all kinds. That's why I'm posting this to all you creative divas out there. Any and all suggestions are welcome. Maybe it's a group name already in use in your area or something entirely new.

Thanks in advance for brainstorming with me!!!

Brenda

CKMom 10-03-2006 01:04 PM

new name

I am hoping to start a group like this, but more card crafting than scrapbooking. I am planning to name this group something along the lines of "A Time to Celebrate" to go along with the Bible verse about a time for everything, you know a time to laugh, and cry, to dance..... well all those occasions need cards..thats my plan at least...

you could use the name of your congregation " Friedens Crafters", Zion's Memory Makers,,

jtax 10-03-2006 01:33 PM

We just call ours Crafters Group. Certainly bot very creative, but when it is listed in the schedule, no one wonders what the group does...

Aunt B 10-03-2006 02:27 PM

Re

How about "Hands to create, hearts to God" or "All God's crafters, great and small" or "In the beginning, God created" or "Creative Christian Crafters". sorry, maybe some of them are goofy, but they just came off the top of my head.

Brenda

stampinbrenda 10-03-2006 06:01 PM

Thanks for the responses so far!! Please keep them coming.

Motherof6 10-03-2006 06:32 PM

We have a Works in Progress group. This is how it is worded on our Web-site: "Works in Progress" -No matter what your hobby, we've got a place for you. Bring your �Work in Progress� from sewing, needlework, stamping, scrap-booking, painting to knitting, etc. and work together. Also bring a dish or two to share for lunch.

We usually get together on a Saturday afternoon.

stampinbrenda 10-03-2006 07:55 PM

Love it!!! I actually just heard this one today. I live in Eau Claire & attend Jacob's Well Church. Thanks so much for sharing your "Works in Progress". That's cute.

Brenda

GarnetJ 10-03-2006 11:51 PM

I like the "Works In Progress" title too. You could get those T-shirts that say, "Please Be Patient. God Isn't Finished With Me Yet."

redapron 10-04-2006 04:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Motherof6
We have a Works in Progress group. This is how it is worded on our Web-site: "Works in Progress" -No matter what your hobby, we've got a place for you. Bring your �Work in Progress� from sewing, needlework, stamping, scrap-booking, painting to knitting, etc. and work together. Also bring a dish or two to share for lunch.

We usually get together on a Saturday afternoon.

Love that "Works in Progress" reminds be of the Bible verse and the line in a song "Faith without works is as useless as a screendoor on a submarine"

stampinbrenda 10-04-2006 02:53 PM

I would love more suggestions as I think the Works in Progress name is already being used by another church for their crafters' group in our town. Thanks!!!

Brenda

IMBlessed5 10-04-2006 03:34 PM

We have a scrapbooking/cardmaking group that meets at church on the 1st and 3rd Friday nights each month. We are called......................

Croppers4Christ!

:D

cmayk 10-04-2006 03:42 PM

ours is called "Craft and Chat"

GardenB 10-05-2006 09:08 AM

We have a group in our church that does mostly knitting, crocheting, etc., although you can do any craft you like. They're called Crafty Ladies. Kinda fun, for a non-churchy flavour.

im4disney 10-05-2006 09:45 AM

We named ours "Angels' Workshop". We wanted the name to say Angels' so it sounded as if they worked thru us. When we get together, we put signs outside that say Angels At Work. We have an annual craft bazaar. The last one was this past Saturday. We raised just over $5000.00 with wood items, knitted items, over 350 cards, ornaments, decorated wine bottles, and wreaths.

stampinbrenda 10-08-2006 01:35 PM

bump