Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 07-13-2006, 02:08 PM   #1  
Cardstock Collector

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Selling Cards?

Hi Everyone.
I have a Lady that is interested in buying cards. She is wanting me to make her a stack of B-day and Anniv cards.I have no problem doing this, but not sure what to ask for payment amount. Has anyone every sold their cards before? And if so, what amount did they go for?

Thank you so much for your time.

Tina Sue
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-13-2006, 02:21 PM   #2  
Mad Swapper

I sell my cards for $2.50 each. I figure that's way below Hallmark but not too cheap. You have to account for materials and a bit of time.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-13-2006, 02:40 PM   #3  
Stazon Splitcoast

I give a discount for large orders. I take my costs and triple them--that's how much I charge. That gives me a little for my time--but I love to make the cards, so it's a bonus!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-13-2006, 02:50 PM   #4  
Kookie Creator

Default selling cards

I sold mine for $2.50 each with buy 8 and get one free. I was taking orders using the cards as samples. I was going crazy keeping up with orders each night and keeping up with who gets a free one because they usually bought 1-2 at a time. Now I am selling them for $2.00 each, no freebies, and no orders. They buy what I have made. It is a lot easier and they get to take their cards home that day. I include a matching stamped envelope and put them in the clear sleeves. I wish I could get back the clear sleeves but I am afraid to ask.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-13-2006, 03:09 PM   #5  
Polyshrink Goddess

I've been selling mine for a base of $2.00 ea. The price goes up w/more embellishments. If they are buying only a few at a time then I might vary it. Like so many for a certain amount. Depending on the customer I might add things. For example someone who has ordered at least $200 from me just placed another order for a very simple card, I'll probably cut her a deal. Another customer placed a $50 order and I'm going to include like 3 samples b/c I know she's using the cards for her business and this will be good for her to see other samples, plus use the cards, and good for me so she'll maybe place another order.

My humble beginnings of a gallery
https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/g...0&ppuser=72605
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-29-2006, 05:41 PM   #6  
Glitter Queen

Hi all - browsing this thread and have a question. What size cards are you pricing at a base of $2-$2.50 per card? I just made a set of 6 cards, all 4.25"x5.50" and was looking for ideas on pricing them.

Thanks bunches!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-29-2006, 05:52 PM   #7  
Polyshrink Goddess

My cards are 4.25"x5.50". I sell them for $2 each. I make (usually) at last 4 cards alike, sometimes 6 or 8, using different colors but the same design. I put them in a basket and put them in catagories. (Birthday, Sympathy, Thinking of You, Get Well etc) My cards have sayings on the inside and the envelope has some type of stamp on the outside front, matching the card design. I try to change or use different sayings on every few cards. I have a few girls that buy 15 at a time, and they like picking out what they want. Last Christmas I tried to bundle cards at a reduced price, they didn't go as well as the individual ones. Hope this helps.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-29-2006, 05:58 PM   #8  
Stampin' Fool

I have been selling mine for 3 years or so now. $2 each or 4 for $7. If someone wants to order baby announcements, wedding or shower invitations or thank yous in large quantities, I charge $1.75 each with no charge for the samples I make for them to choose from. I display and sell them in the clear envelopes and tell everyone they can mail them in those with a mailing label or permanent marker. If they prefer regular envelopes, I take the card out and give them a regular envelope. They are very grateful! If I make notecard sets (still priced 4 for $7), I usually make matching stamped envelopes and the cards and the envies go in a large cellophane bag folded down with a topper! The consistent pricing is nice and easy to remember and people know that it is a business for me and that is what my price is!

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chris in Memphis
I include a matching stamped envelope and put them in the clear sleeves. I wish I could get back the clear sleeves but I am afraid to ask.
Don't ask! When they pick out their cards and bring them to you, just remove them from the clear sleeves and put them in another bag (I use white lunch bags that I bought at Costco!). They just throw the clear sleeve away anyway so everyone wins that way!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-29-2006, 07:52 PM   #9  
Stazon Splitcoast

I charge $3 a card and a little more if it has lots of embellishments. I did some custom Christmas cards last year and nobody balked at the $3 and one of my coworkers gave me $20 for 6 cards. I see what they charge at Target for their "homemade" cards and I'm right in line considering the time it takes me to design something, mess it up twice, and try again! Great idea with the clean envies and then trade them out. Just remember to have the Angel Stamp on the back of your cards.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-29-2006, 11:28 PM   #10  
Insane Embellisher

I have sold my cards also at $2 for a single and have lowered the price when they have purchased sets or more singles.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 07-30-2006, 07:37 AM   #11  
Die Cut Diva

I also sold a bunch of handmade Christmas cards at work last year and I sold them for $3.00 each. No one balked at the price at all. This year I was thinking of charging $3.50, because, in my opinion, my cards have gotten better with practice. I think that $3.00 or $3.50 for a card is still a deal compared to bought cards at Hallmark or wherever where they are outrageously priced.
Reply With Quote Likes