Splitcoaststampers

Splitcoaststampers (https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/)
-   General Stamping Talk (https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/general-stamping-talk-17/)
-   -   Crafty Christmas Goodies? (https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/general-stamping-talk-17/crafty-christmas-goodies-582344/)

PedalPower 12-25-2013 07:59 AM

Crafty Christmas Goodies?

Just curious if Santa brought you any new paper crafting supplies?

My brother's girlfriend got me three 6 by 6 paper pads (I LOVE those things!). She could not have found a sweeter gift to buy me, especially since I've vowed to spend much less this year.

So let's share....did you get any new crafty goodies under the tree?

jamiemn 12-25-2013 08:22 AM

I've had mine for 2 weeks or so, because I couldn't stand to have hubby wrap it :) I shopped all SU this year and got a bunch of stamps, punches, ink refills and pads. I have some more Christmas $$ that I'm going to get the last set of pads that I need after the first of the year

gothchic 12-25-2013 08:57 AM

My husband sometimes gets a bit too over indulgent. I 'm old school so I feel that Christmas is for kids. That said I did receive the Mft corner dies that have been on my craft wish list. Then he informs me a silhouette is sitting in the basement! Wow! I'm still trying to get over the shock of that one because I really did not ask for it.

arlenevita 12-25-2013 09:23 AM

I gave myself " too" many Christmas gifts during December with discounts...OPPS!

muscrat 12-25-2013 09:46 AM

DS got me four packs of spectrum noir markers, a gift card to Michaels, ACMoore and Walmart and a tablet to surf SCS!

Cinnistew 12-25-2013 09:59 AM

A Brother ScanNCut! I can't wait to play!

Cook22 12-25-2013 11:19 AM

DH gave me two SU stamps (the big Swallowtail butterfly and Wetlands) plus some dies, but he feels it looked a bit mingy and has told me to get myself some more dies if there are some I'd like ;-). A friend gave me a TH Bigz die and some coordinating embossing folders and a great Christmas stamp. Tomorrow I'll get up to my attic and try some of them out.

connie leone 12-25-2013 02:44 PM

My X-mas gift to myself is an Expression 2 !! I purchased it the Wednesday b4 "Black Friday" @ Joanns for $169.99!! Since my craft room is like a store, no one will buy me crafty stuff anymore :( :( :(

DianneB1030 12-25-2013 03:50 PM

I got a $50 gift card to my wonderful LSS and have a number of dies I've been looking at there. Even more fun though, my room mate and I went together on a gift for her DIL. DIL has recently begun drawing and painting. She didn't have much in the way of supplies, and most of what she had wasn't very good quality. We got her a nice beginners set from Dick Blick, and she was so thrilled! It came in a nice case that turns into an easel. It has oils, acrylics, pastels, colored pencils, paper, brushes, pallets, pallet knives and instruction books. She gasped when she opened it, and unpacked it all and looked and oohed and ahhed at everything. It was so much fun watching her!

PedalPower 12-25-2013 04:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gothchic (Post 20461383)
My husband sometimes gets a bit too over indulgent. I 'm old school so I feel that Christmas is for kids. That said I did receive the Mft corner dies that have been on my craft wish list. Then he informs me a silhouette is sitting in the basement! Wow! I'm still trying to get over the shock of that one because I really did not ask for it.

You're going to LOVE the Silhouette!!!

Joan B 12-25-2013 04:53 PM

for some reason, no one took the hints!! Lovely holiday nonetheless

dzuckerman 12-25-2013 04:54 PM

I got a 5 qt. red Kitchen Aid mixer. Not stamping stuff but I have wanted this for a long time. On the stamping note, I got my 12 year old into stamping and my 6 year old is starting to make cards. I got them a bunch of stamping crafts.

JoBear2 12-25-2013 05:15 PM

My lovely DH bought me some Memory Box dies including some Mini Snowmen - ack, they are so CUTE! My DH knows that I love snowmen! Also received a Cottage Cutz Winter Wonderland Scene die which was top of my Wish List but thought I would never get it because it isn't exactly cheap. Can't WAIT to use it!

Lmn 12-25-2013 05:35 PM

Yup

My DH told me to get some stampin' stuff I wanted so I added some Taylored Expressions dies/stamps in their last sale to my wish list and he picked 4 of my faves and picked up some new Cricut Mats, yay! He also got me some organizing bins so I did some re-org today and hope to stamp and scrap tomorrow with my new stuff :D

RiverIsis 12-25-2013 07:01 PM

TBF I told my DH not to get me anything because I have a list of things I want from Dick Blick etc and I knew there is no way he would sort that. I did get cash to spend so that is as good as a crafty gift right?

And a I had an indulgent order with Gina K earlier in the month.

SkyNacho 12-25-2013 07:10 PM

No, but I won Flourishes' December release and it happened to come in the mail on Christmas Eve, so that was kind of like a christmas present! And I did buy myself a Unity set for $7, on sale from $24, earlier this week, so that kind of counts. :)

grateful2bsaved 12-25-2013 08:48 PM

Yep, Emily, I'd say that counts for sure. Congratulations!

sprtchick 12-25-2013 09:02 PM

Not a thing..but in all honesty there isnt a thing I need. I am so happy for all of you that got some new goodies to play with. I got clothes. I didnt really need them but more wanted them. I can shop in my stash for way too many new thing that havent been used. Merry Merry Christmas ladies I love spending time here with all of you.
Blessings.

JoBear2 12-25-2013 09:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SkyNacho (Post 20461665)
No, but I won Flourishes' December release and it happened to come in the mail on Christmas Eve, so that was kind of like a christmas present! And I did buy myself a Unity set for $7, on sale from $24, earlier this week, so that kind of counts. :)

CONGRATULATIONS Emily - that's fantastic! I love to hear happy stories like this! And what a bargain with the Unity Set!

grateful2bsaved 12-25-2013 10:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sprtchick (Post 20461705)
Not a thing..but in all honesty there isnt a thing I need. I am so happy for all of you that got some new goodies to play with. I got clothes. I didnt really need them but more wanted them. I can shop in my stash for way too many new thing that havent been used. Merry Merry Christmas ladies I love spending time here with all of you.
Blessings.

Amber, after seeing all the photos of your paper, I don't think you'd have ROOM for any more craft stuff! My goodness, if that's your paper, I can't imagine what your stamps and other stuff must be like. :mrgreen: Your place looked like my version of heaven on earth. Sooooo organized and such a pretty rainbow of colors.

PikkuLilla 12-26-2013 01:41 AM

No, but I bought myself lots of crafty treats earlier in December :) Looking forward to playing with them all now I'm on holiday!

peeps321 12-26-2013 02:27 AM

I've been really lucky the last month or so ..I won a prize from HYCCT sponsor -Green Sneakers, I also won a $20 GC from ODBD during their recent release and I won a $75 one from PTI..I couldn't believe it when my name came up on the winners lists (it does pay to leave comments ;) ) Aside from that, I bought a ton of stuff at 75% off at a LSS that is going out of business ( :( )..mostly paper, they have stuff you can't find elsewhere.

And if all that wasn't enough, I got a $60 GC from an extended family member to Paper Source...they have such cool stuff and awesome cardstock. I was totally shocked cuz this came out of the blue...I think he was having a very good year work wise and wanted to share his good fortune with everyone (others got some unexpected things as well).

All in all, a lot of new toys to play with in my craft room...I'm so fortunate. :D

lesliespringer 12-26-2013 08:47 AM

I was so Pleasantly surprised this year. I received the Envelope Punch Board, 3 Copic Markers, 2 Holiday Spellbinders Dies, and some cute Rhinestones.

Even though they were on my list......I was still Surprised made me a Happy Mom.

homestead 12-26-2013 09:35 AM

My hubby through me talking to my SU demo bought me the tabletop cutter that is on clearance. I am so excited to have a good cutter. I need to go through my room and make it more user friendly and make a home for it. I usually bring all my stuff into the living room and stamp in front of the TV but I really want to make my craft room a nice little place to stamp.

PedalPower 12-26-2013 12:20 PM

Sounds like some fun things under the tree for many of us!

Barbara Jay 12-26-2013 02:22 PM

My Christmas goodies did not include crafty stuff. I got money from my kids and the only two craft items I want are a set of 12 Derwent Metallic water color pencils and an instructional Calligraphy DVD for off hand flourishes

I ordered both today :)

Barbara

Chris Baxevanis 12-26-2013 04:02 PM

I received several Spellbinder dies for Christmas to add to my collection.
Chris Baxevanis

Anemone 12-26-2013 04:23 PM

I got the envelope punch board, some stamps, two punches and a sizzix snowflake die.

duranfan 12-26-2013 04:38 PM

I got an envelope punch board from dh. My sweet sister got me a framelit die from SU- the kind that makes a card that "flips". I was really surprised&excited!

cjzim 12-26-2013 05:54 PM

Like Polly, I was really lucky and won a grand prize from MFT in the HYCCT drawings! I had a blast shopping with that gift!
I also got some stamp sets I've been wanting from SNSS and I am thrilled to have gotten a new-to-me (used) Viking sewing machine which is totally awesome (I have not had a new sewing machine since the '80's so this is all computerized and fabulous and exciting to me!). Now if I could just find some time to use all this goodness!
Oh, and my DD also got me a hot glue gun which I really wanted. Nice Christmas for me : )

lindalrd 12-27-2013 08:44 AM

Nothing under the tree for me but I did take advantage of a boxing day sale. Bought myself several dies I have been waiting to get. And since they were on sale I figured I could add a couple and not feel guilty about overspending.

Makalah 12-27-2013 12:11 PM

I didn't get any craft supplies, but I got several handmade items I was excited about - a beautiful pottery bowl made by a local student, a painted photograph of a stunning flower mounted on a stone tile, a little bag handmade in Nepal, and a little Sculpey figure from one of my favorite comics made by my SO's brother. :)

I buy enough crafty supplies for myself that Santa wouldn't know what to get me!

Elise17 12-27-2013 02:58 PM

My brother and sister-in-law gave me some things from my Amazon wish list: a Viva paper pen (opal), Hero Arts Unicorn ink, and a Fiskars stamp press! I used all three the next day to make them a card.

Mom and I went shopping at Hobby Lobby on the 26th and got lots of good deals. I spent $38 and all of it was on sale, or clearance or I had a coupon. We looked at JoAnns today, but nothing I wanted was on sale. They did get some distress ink pads I don't have yet, but of course those weren't on sale. I'll wait for a coupon.

StamperDea 12-27-2013 03:24 PM

No cash. No gift cards. No crafty stuff. Guess it's a good thing that I bought myself an ebosser early in December. LoL.
Dea

Cook22 12-28-2013 09:21 AM

The Member Company Shop Hop is on at the moment too - great savings there :D
Last year I used it to treat myself to the newer Scor-Pal, which I probably wouldn't have been able to justify otherwise.
Splitcoaststampers - Splitcoast Shop Hop.

Allistamps123 12-28-2013 01:31 PM

None this year, but two years ago I got a box of SU clearance rack goodies. That was so fun. I am to the point where I finally don't need much!

gregzgurl 12-29-2013 12:10 AM

Bind-It-All had an awesome deal on a bundle that included the binder and a whole whack of supplies (o-wires, chipboard covers, etc.) right after Thanksgiving, so DH let me order it for Christmas. I did - even let him wrap it and put it under the tree instead of using it right away. Then, on Christmas morning, there was another large-ish gift under the tree. It turned out to be a wireless printer! My old computer died and I replaced it with a laptop, so the old printer didn't work with it. Not technically "crafty", but I use my printer all the time to print out all kinds of things for my crafts and for organizing all of the "stuff"...

mamaxsix 12-29-2013 04:18 AM

DD bought me the Envelope Punch Board. I already found a tutorial and made a box with it and I was excited to see another about making envelope liners and of course I'm excited to just make envelopes too!

wanda6 12-29-2013 02:56 PM

My dh bought me a Silver Bullet for xmas....well I'm not sure who bought it lol???? I had to work a few extra shifts in December including Christmas and Boxing day so that probably helped!!!! It hasn't arrived yet but I am sure looking forward to it.

shirlb19 12-29-2013 04:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by homestead (Post 20461957)
My hubby through me talking to my SU demo bought me the tabletop cutter that is on clearance. I am so excited to have a good cutter. I need to go through my room and make it more user friendly and make a home for it. I usually bring all my stuff into the living room and stamp in front of the TV but I really want to make my craft room a nice little place to stamp.

You will love that tabletop cutter!

Shirl