Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 01-07-2022, 05:18 PM   #41  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen Alumni

Received 39 Likes on 24 Posts

Quote:

Originally Posted by lesliespringerForums at Splitcoaststampers
Just a note and something to think about.
I know people still scrapbook and digital scrapbook, but I would ask your children and grandchildren if they are interested in the books before you make them. I have just recently learned my 24 year old daughter does not want any of her childhood "stuff" I have 3 large packing boxes downstairs to go through. She lives in a small apartment and does not have much room for storage of said items. I am keeping her photo albums at my house. My son joined the Army and can't take any of these kinds of items to his barracks, especially if he gets deployed. The younger generation is living minimally.

Maybe put the photos in a nice box that won't take up much room.

It's going to break my heart getting rid of these things but the memories are there.
Can you take photos of the memorabilia items before getting rid of them? My dad loved collecting T-shirts from places we would visit. (So do I!) Anyway, when he passed away about 19 years ago, Mama & I just held onto the shirts, since it seemed a shame to get rid of them. I finally got the idea to photograph each shirt, print 6x8" photos, and then put them in a 6x8 album. Of course, you could do whatever size(s) of photo you wanted; that's just what worked for me. Then, Mama kept some of the shirts for herself to wear, & most of the rest we donated to a local thrift store. A few were too ratty/hole-y/etc. to wear anymore, so we didn't donate those. So we were able to preserve the memories, without having to store all those T-shirts. Just something to consider.

Proud Dirty Dozen Design Team Alumna!
Featured Stamper #564
Blog: Andrea's Paper Antics
SCS Gallery

Illegitimi non carborundum
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-07-2022, 05:38 PM   #42  
Splitcoast Dirty Dozen Alumni

Received 39 Likes on 24 Posts

One of my goals for 2022 is to finish the 2 remaining albums of a 3-volume set for a trip my brother & SIL took our mom on to Ireland & the U.K. In 2016! I do have the Scotland album finished, & actually most of the layouts for Ireland & England. (I'm keeping those in a "holding album" for the time being, until I can put them in their permanent homes. Makes it easier to scrapbook out-of-order.) I just have to do the final few layouts, & get them in order in their respective albums. (I have one album dedicated to each country.) Also, finish the Watercolor Jumpstart class by Sandy Allnock. I think I purchased that in 2018 - or thereabouts anyway! I am currently on Lesson 2 in that. Those are probably the 2 biggest goals that have a "definite" feel to them. I would like to get my 2019, 2020, AND 2021 December Documented projects done as well, though. It would also be nice, just thinking about it, to finish scanning the 35mm slides from Daddy & his parents. I've been doing that off and on for maybe 5 years now. So far I have over 5,000 slides from 45 carousels digitized, & about 9 more carousels to go. Then it will be "just" a case of clean up the digitized images in Photoshop (remove dust spots, etc.) & create slideshows of at least many of them. I guess I have a busy year ahead of me - better get cracking!

Proud Dirty Dozen Design Team Alumna!
Featured Stamper #564
Blog: Andrea's Paper Antics
SCS Gallery

Illegitimi non carborundum
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-09-2022, 12:41 PM   #43  
Polyshrink Goddess

Location: scrappin and cat napping in the thumb of Minglerville
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I retired a couple of years ago and have since been trying to get my craft room organized. I've been collecting scrapbooking and card supplies since i started over 20 years ago.When I started I used to go shop hops and use their dies and such to make supplies I couldn't afford. When I went to friends houses I used their stamps and punches and such to increase my stock. Now I have way more then I will ever use. I've been making cards for our vet to give to people who have lost their pets. I also make cards to give to Smiles for Seniors.
My goal is to get things organized and finish several albums that I've been working on.
Does anyone have ideas where I might donate craft supplies? I'd like to give them to people just starting out in crafts and might not be able to afford them or to organizations that can use them to make cards and gifts for other people.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-09-2022, 03:04 PM   #44  
Die Cut Diva

Received 79 Likes on 51 Posts

Donation location suggestions: Ronald McDonald Houses, women’s shelters, day care centers, local schools, girl or boy scout troops, teen shelters, nursing homes. That’s just off the top of my head
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-09-2022, 04:53 PM   #45  
Stampin' Fool

Received 177 Likes on 39 Posts

Also, community centers where classes are held.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-09-2022, 05:42 PM   #46  
Gabfest Goddess

Received 66 Likes on 42 Posts

Christi runs a program called The You Matter Project that uses donated crafting supplies:

Are you Cleaning Out, Purging & De-Stashing??? by Craf-T-Bear at Splitcoaststampers

I know she appreciates everything she gets for her crafters.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 01-09-2022, 05:46 PM   #47  
Stampin' Fool

Received 177 Likes on 39 Posts

Now that I'm retired and have time to get my craft room in order doing so has become my full time job. Over the past week, I've purged and condensed:
Stamp sets. While doing so I broke the sets apart keeping on the images I would use and donating the rest.
Dies: I did the as with the stamp sets and keeping the sizes I frequently use. Dies and stamps are stored together by theme in 3 bins with room for growth.
Embossing folders, stencils and 6x6 background stamps; all filed in the same bin
Ribbons and fibers
Paint brushes and duplicate hand tools
Cubi hole wall unit

I really like the condensed bins, they're neatly organized horizontally filed with dividers, and now I have a stack of empty containers.
I've opened up more space in my room and on my work table.
Moving on I still need to tackle paper, ephemera, beads...
I plan on storing ephemera by theme in a 3-ring binder with 5x7 pocket pages... I believe I'll like that system much better over all those little plastic photo boxes. Those little boxes are taking up too much space...
Reply With Quote Likes
The following 2 users liked this post by Bohodiva:
ChrisO (01-10-2022), lynnewithane (01-09-2022)