Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 03-27-2007, 06:43 AM   #1  
Cardstock Collector

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Shopping in Rochester, NY?

Hi everyone!

I was hoping to get some insight from some of you in the Rochester, NY area re: shopping (ok it doesn`t have to be just stamping and scrapping related LOL!).

I am traveling there for the weekend in a few weeks to attend the CTMH Regional Celebration and I would love to know where your favourite shopping haunts are! Tell me (and my fellow CTMHers) where we should go spend our money!! LOL

I checked online and saw that there is Joanns, AC Moore (woohoo!), Target (can't wait!!! is one better than the other?). Is there anywhere specific that we should go?

TIA!
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-27-2007, 07:55 AM   #2  
Crimping Master

I used to go to an annual conference for work in Rochester and had a few favorites I always went to. One is in Fairport, outside of Rochester - http://www.scrapbookcreationsinc.com/index.html. Another store I went to closed their retail location. Depending how far you want to venture from Rochester, I also have been to this store - http://www.cmscrapbooking.com/ in Ontario, NY. Their website says they are closing their store in the next few months. I forget how far from Rochester it is. Have a great trip!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-27-2007, 08:00 AM   #3  
Hardware Hotshot

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Wow - there's going to be a CTMH conference in Rochester? Cool!
What part of town are you staying in? Henrietta would probably be the shopping destination - although Eastview Mall is very nice in Victor (east side of town) ACMoore, The Christmas Tree Shop (my fav for house stuff), Marketplace Mall, DSW Shoe Warehouse, Michael's, JoAnn Etc., a brand new Marshalls, are all in close together in Henrietta - as well as every chain restaurant you can think of.
My SU demo just told me about at stamp store called Utopia, 2967 W. Henrietta Rd, 585-475-9460. I haven't been there yet but it sounds great.
There is a LSS called Scrapbook Creations in Perinton Square Mall
585-223-6720 - they have some stamping supplies also and lots of scrapping stuff. Call them, though, because they have weird hours.

Fellow Rochesterians --- any interest in forming a stamping group? PM me!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-27-2007, 11:16 AM   #4  
Hardware Hotshot

bumping this to see if anyone else here is from Rochester
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-27-2007, 04:42 PM   #5  
Cardstock Collector

Thumbs up

Hi Vicky and Mullycat!!!

Thanks so much for all of the info on the shopping! So excited to go! I don't get to go as often as I like to the US so when I go I like to take advantage. All the shops you both mentioned sound fabulous so I am going to check out their info!

I had read about the mall online and wasn't sure if it was good but since alot of the main chain stores were there I had put it on our shopping map!

Vicky: yep re: the CTMH conference (it is a regional celebration). Us consultants for a couple of years now have been asking CTMH Corporate to have events spread out North America (ok at least throughout the USA) so that more people can attend...not everyone can go to convention and that is usually in Utah. So, CTMH Corp. being the fab group that they are and they are always listening to their consultants decided to institute convention every second year (2008 DISNEY WORLD Wooohooo!) and have a series of regional celebrations throughout the 2 years in between. It's great because for us gals in the Nation's capital it's just a four hour drive to Rochester!! We are pumped to go! We are staying at the Hyatt.

Thanks again and if anyone else has any info pls. add to the thread!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-27-2007, 05:29 PM   #6  
Kookie Creator

There is also a store in Greece that is about 15 minutes from Rochester. It is called The Stamp Pad. WWW.thestamppad.biz. They are also going out of business at the end of April. It is really sad because this is my FAVORITE store! She has the biggest inventory of stamps I have ever seen. If you get a chance I would stop in. She is discounting things now-20% off.

I also go to Utopia in Henrietta and I live near the store in Fairport Scrapbook Creations. Utopia has a good selection of papers and inks and stamps. A variety of things. Scrapbook creations has a great selection of papers and stickers. I guess these would be the 2 I will go to now.

I have been to the one in Ontario once. It doesn't have the selection that the 2 stores above have.

There is also a place called The Paper Garden in Spencerport but I have never been there.

For other shopping, I would recommend Eastview Mall in Victor. They have alot of great restaurants and alot of stores to shop. I also recommend Market Place Mall.

If you need anymore info feel free to PM me.
Shelley
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-27-2007, 05:48 PM   #7  
Pearl-ExPert

Love Utopia!! She has a great store and a great selection for a small place. I also like the ACMoore there too!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-27-2007, 06:25 PM   #8  
Gallery Gazer

I love Utopia and The Paper Garden too! There is a store in Chili-Paul Plaza, but I can't remember what it is called. They had some good stuff too! I love the AC Moore in Henrietta and the Joann's Webster. I guess I am strange, but I just like the Webster Joann's the best. We should all get together and stamp sometime!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-27-2007, 07:08 PM   #9  
Hardware Hotshot

Quote:

Originally Posted by twyant
I love Utopia and The Paper Garden too! There is a store in Chili-Paul Plaza, but I can't remember what it is called. They had some good stuff too! I love the AC Moore in Henrietta and the Joann's Webster. I guess I am strange, but I just like the Webster Joann's the best. We should all get together and stamp sometime!

I like the Webster Joann's also ... plus it's closer to my house than Henrietta. I wonder if we could use their backroom for an SCS meet-up?
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-28-2007, 05:24 AM   #10  
Gallery Gazer

Quote:

Originally Posted by vdoyle8
I like the Webster Joann's also ... plus it's closer to my house than Henrietta. I wonder if we could use their backroom for an SCS meet-up?
We should ask them!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-28-2007, 05:34 AM   #11  
Mad Swapper

As a former Rochester native (30 years) and a women who returns to Rochester several times a year to shop, I mean visit family and friends, I highly recommend Eastview Mall and the Land's End Inlet which is located in the parking lot of Marketplace Mall. If you like Land's End stuff you'll have a ball.

Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-28-2007, 11:24 AM   #12  
Mad Swapper

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shelley14522
There is also a store in Greece that is about 15 minutes from Rochester. It is called The Stamp Pad. WWW.thestamppad.biz. They are also going out of business at the end of April. It is really sad because this is my FAVORITE store! She has the biggest inventory of stamps I have ever seen. If you get a chance I would stop in. She is discounting things now-20% off.

I also go to Utopia in Henrietta and I live near the store in Fairport Scrapbook Creations. Utopia has a good selection of papers and inks and stamps. A variety of things. Scrapbook creations has a great selection of papers and stickers. I guess these would be the 2 I will go to now.

I have been to the one in Ontario once. It doesn't have the selection that the 2 stores above have.

There is also a place called The Paper Garden in Spencerport but I have never been there.

For other shopping, I would recommend Eastview Mall in Victor. They have alot of great restaurants and alot of stores to shop. I also recommend Market Place Mall.

If you need anymore info feel free to PM me.
Shelley

Utopia is great and the woman who owns it is the nicest woman ever - you have got to go there. As Shelley said, The Stamp Pad is closing which makes me very sad, too - they are wonderful as well. The scrapbook store in Ontario, which I think is called Cherished Memories is also going out of business. I have been to both Scrapbook Creations in Fairport and The Paper Garden in Spencerport several times and have managed to drop a pretty hefty sum of cash at each!! Happy shopping!!

Lauri
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-28-2007, 11:29 AM   #13  
Mad Swapper

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Quote:

Originally Posted by twyant

Scrapbook Treasures was the store in the Chili-Paul plaza, but it closed last summer - bummer!! I miss them the most because she gave the biggest Quickutz discounts!!

Lauri
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-28-2007, 02:37 PM   #14  
Gallery Gazer

Quote:

Originally Posted by Auntielauri
Scrapbook Treasures was the store in the Chili-Paul plaza, but it closed last summer - bummer!! I miss them the most because she gave the biggest Quickutz discounts!!

Lauri
That's too bad! I obviously hadn't been there in awhile, but that is where I would go when I visited my parents.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-28-2007, 02:50 PM   #15  
Kookie Creator

Question-Is the JoAnn's in Webster a superstore? I have been yet but that is closer to me than the one in Henrietta. Thanks
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-28-2007, 03:37 PM   #16  
Gallery Gazer

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shelley14522
Question-Is the JoAnn's in Webster a superstore? I have been yet but that is closer to me than the one in Henrietta. Thanks
Yes!! It is really close to my house. I am not sure that it is as big as the Henrietta one, but I just like it better. The scrap and stamp aisles aren't so cramped, like in Henrietta.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-28-2007, 04:33 PM   #17  
Hardware Hotshot

Hey ladies! I live in Farmington, which is about 40 mins from Rochester, 30 mins from Henrietta via the Thruway. I recommend Eastview mall for shopping and there's a Michael's across the street.

I just got an email from the Stamp Pad that said their sale is now 30% off!

I recommend Utopia, as well. It's small, but the owner is super sweet and she also has an online store that she just launched. It has a HUGE selection and you can make wishlists to save. I haven't ordered from it yet, but I'm saving my pennies! http://qbaroo.com/utopiastampcraft/

I think we should all petition Hobby Lobby to come to Rochester (ideally Eastview)! Seriously, I get so jealous of people who post on this board about the great stamps and sales that store has!

Wild Rose Stamper blog
SCS gallery
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 03-28-2007, 07:03 PM   #18  
Cardstock Collector

Smile

Wow ladies! you are all the BEST BEST BEST!!!

I am going to check out the stores online and get their addresses; my friends are going to go crazy re: shopping!!! LOL I wish we could stay an extra day to do all of it!!!

I love LAND's END!!!! I have ordered items online from them before and they were great ---thank you!!!!!!!!!!

Have a great evening all!
Reply With Quote Likes