Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 05-26-2012, 12:50 PM   #1  
Mad Swapper

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Cameo Users Out There?

My fabulous fantabulous stupendous family got me a Cameo Silhouette for Mother's Day. Well, you know, after I dropped some hints (like an actual link with a great sale). . . Now that I have this lovely thing - and it is truly lovely, I'd love to see what you all have done with yours. Has anyone used it to paper piece from a stamped image? I'm wondering if I can scan a stamped image and use the Cameo to cut it out. . . . Or . . . what else have you done?

I did a quick search and couldn't find any other threads on the topic. But, if there is one, please point me there.

Thanks!
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-27-2012, 04:01 PM   #2  
Pearl-ExPert

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I have a Cameo and I love it. I have only used it for very basic cuts using paper and vinyl so far. I have done print & cuts with cuts I bought from Lettering Delights. Here's a blog that's useful: Under A Cherry Tree. I have figured out how to get it to cut around a digi stamp, but I haven't figured out getting it to cut around a regular stamp yet, though I am sure it can.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-27-2012, 04:04 PM   #3  
Mad Swapper

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks, PedalPower. I did find Under a Cherry Tree - so many fantastic things there it's kind of overwhelming. I think you're right. I should just start with a digital image and go from there. I'll keep you posted.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 05-27-2012, 04:13 PM   #4  
Pearl-ExPert

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I found this tutorial...about halfway down there's a tutorial on cutting around stamped images: Silhouette Cameo Explorations. I actually tried awhile back, but when I scanned my stamped images, they were HUGE! Obviously having them accurately sized is important and I never figured out how to fix the scanning problem that I had. I need to "borrow" my techie hubby for a bit to help me!
Reply With Quote Likes