Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 09-02-2006, 09:54 AM   #1  
Crimping Master

Default Craft Pad Question...

Has anyone ever experienced an oily residue on their craft pad case from the craft ink??? Just wondering if this is normal...thanks!
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Old 09-02-2006, 11:08 AM   #2  
Hardware Hotshot

I have... on a really juicy pad that has gone unused a while. I think it is normal. somethines a craft refill seperates like this and needs to be shaken...

To fix the pad; I just take a stamp or my finger and squoosh all over the pad untill the oily part gets mixed back inside.

Old 09-02-2006, 11:18 AM   #3  
Crimping Master

Quote:

Originally Posted by staramaze
I have... on a really juicy pad that has gone unused a while. I think it is normal. somethines a craft refill seperates like this and needs to be shaken...

To fix the pad; I just take a stamp or my finger and squoosh all over the pad untill the oily part gets mixed back inside.
Thank you to the OP; I have the same kind of problem.
If the oily part does not get remixed, does that mean anything? I recently traded on SCS for a new still in shrink wrap vanilla craft pad. The oily liqiquid was on the outside of the stamp case between the case and the wrap. Insdie, the pad just looks like a vanilla sponge, not juicy at all and when I stamp - I get blotches of faint spots - Should I just buy myself another pad of will reinking solve the problem.

Ditto with the craft ink refills that do not remix no matter how many people have tapped them on the side for me.. These were ordered early this year.

TIA
Old 09-02-2006, 11:20 AM   #4  
Crimping Master

Quote:

Originally Posted by staramaze

If the oily part does not get remixed, does that mean anything? I recently traded on SCS for a new still in shrink wrap vanilla craft pad. The oily liquid was on the outside of the stamp case between the case and the wrap. Inside, the pad just looks like a vanilla sponge, not juicy at all and when I stamp - I get blotches of faint spots - Should I just buy myself another pad of will reinking solve the problem?

Ditto with the craft ink refills that do not remix no matter how many people have tapped them on the side for me.. These were ordered early this year. We pulled off a top from a second one and tried to remix with a toothpick but it is just like oil and melted crayons and will not remix. Can I still put in on the pads and blend them in?

TIA
Old 09-02-2006, 01:09 PM   #5  
Crimping Master

bump..
Sponsored Links
Old 09-02-2006, 02:07 PM   #6  
Hardware Hotshot

Quote:

Originally Posted by twinks
If the oily part does not get remixed, does that mean anything? I recently traded on SCS for a new still in shrink wrap vanilla craft pad. The oily liquid was on the outside of the stamp case between the case and the wrap. Inside, the pad just looks like a vanilla sponge, not juicy at all and when I stamp - I get blotches of faint spots - Should I just buy myself another pad of will reinking solve the problem?

Ditto with the craft ink refills that do not remix no matter how many people have tapped them on the side for me.. These were ordered early this year. We pulled off a top from a second one and tried to remix with a toothpick but it is just like oil and melted crayons and will not remix. Can I still put in on the pads and blend them in?

TIA
Just reink it... it will be fine!