Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 11-19-2004, 05:59 AM   #1  
Kookie Creator

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Sharpie help please! Cheapest place?

I finally have discovered the great uses for colored sharpies yesterday at a demonstrator meeting. We stamped then colored small tiles for magnets. It turned out sooo cute that I want to make more. My question is where can you get the most colors of sharpies and where is the cheapest place? How many colors do they have now? We used colors like olive, ruby red, orange. I didn't know there were so many colors to choose from. Please help me to find the cheapest place though. Thanks Cheryl
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-19-2004, 06:01 AM   #2  
Pearl-ExPert

Default Re: Sharpie help please! Cheapest place?

Quote:

Originally Posted by CherylP29
I finally have discovered the great uses for colored sharpies yesterday at a demonstrator meeting. We stamped then colored small tiles for magnets. It turned out sooo cute that I want to make more. My question is where can you get the most colors of sharpies and where is the cheapest place? How many colors do they have now? We used colors like olive, ruby red, orange. I didn't know there were so many colors to choose from. Please help me to find the cheapest place though. Thanks Cheryl
I bought a set at Sam's Club. 26 colored markers for $7.95.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-19-2004, 06:05 AM   #3  
Stazon Splitcoast

I got a 15 pack or so at Target for $12.99 and it had all the newest colors in it.
Who knew permanent markers could be so fun? = )

Glitter Ink
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-19-2004, 06:12 AM   #4  
Rubber Obsessor

I posted this a few days ago. Hope it helps!

Just thought I'd share!! I bought a new 24 pack of sharpies at Staples. It also includes the new colors!! If you buy them online they are $14.99 plus you get a retractable set free.

Here's the link: http://www.staples.com/Catalog/Brows...e=1&Sku=569443

I went to my local Staples and they honored the offer there too! I called 1-800-STAPLES to check if my store had them before I drove there.

Enjoy!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-19-2004, 06:54 AM   #5  
Kookie Creator

Quote:

Originally Posted by mystampboutique

Just thought I'd share!! I bought a new 24 pack of sharpies at Staples. It also includes the new colors!! If you buy them online they are $14.99 plus you get a retractable set free.
I know that this has been a hot topic lately, but I just didn't understand it, so I really didn't read the topics about it. Boy am I kicking myself now!
Thanks for you help and I am off to the store!
Cheryl
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-19-2004, 07:13 AM   #6  
Crimping Master

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Quote:

I went to my local Staples and they honored the offer there too! I called 1-800-STAPLES to check if my store had them before I drove there.

Enjoy!
Did you get the free retractable set too?
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-19-2004, 07:38 AM   #7  
Pearl-ExPert

Default Re: Sharpie help please! Cheapest place?

Quote:

Originally Posted by PrincessAmbrosia61
Quote:

I bought a set at Sam's Club. 26 colored markers for $7.95.
One thing about the sharpies I bought at Sam's.....a couple of the colors had more than one of that color in the pack. I also just recounted them......24 in the pack (not 26!)

HTH I thought this was an amazing price!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-19-2004, 08:03 AM   #8  
Pearl-ExPert

Walmart has the 17 color pack for 10 dollars (and some change). They have the pastels in a 5 pack for about 3 dollars. I got both!!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-19-2004, 11:26 AM   #9  
Matboard Maniac

Quote:

Quote:

I know that this has been a hot topic lately, but I just didn't understand it, so I really didn't read the topics about it. Boy am I kicking myself now!
Thanks for you help and I am off to the store!
Cheryl
I followed the link to Staples--the picture of the 24 pack looks as if it may have no repeated colors Currently it lis listed at 17.49 with a free retractable set (Blue, Black, Red Sharpies); I ended up calling for help placing an order because my computer was too slow and the helpful salesman waived the shipping for me. I am way so excited! The biggest pack I'd seen previously was 17, missing at least the soft pastels, woodtones and metallics. I'm sure I'll have to get the later two seperately, anyway, but I wanted to get all the colors in the easiest possible way for the least $ (and our local Staples didn't have the 24 pack). Thanks again for the heads up and link.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-19-2004, 11:41 AM   #10  
Matboard Maniac

I just checked again on the Sharpies on Staples Online--with the coupon code it didn't bring the price down to 14.99 as posted--so I called and the helpful customer service guy said it was helpful to know that it was posted online at 14.99. I did get a credit for a few dollars. . . going to. . . metallics!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-19-2004, 12:01 PM   #11  
Kookie Creator

After going to Costco, Target and Staples I ended up ordering them at Staples.com. The $5.99 off didn't work unless your total was over something like $23, so I ordered 2 packs for $28+ total. Free shipping and they will be here Monday. I can't wait. Our Staples had a 24 pack, but the packaging looked different and if didn't include anything else. The price was also $19.99. Tile magnets here I come. Thanks for everyone's help!
Cheryl
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-19-2004, 01:21 PM   #12  
Insane Embellisher

I just ordered my Sharpies!!!!
I also needed ink cartridges for my psc, so now I don't have to go to them... it's coming to me. FREE shipping!! I also used the coupon code and so the sharpies (24 pack) were only $11.50.
WHOOHOO!!!
~~Crystal~~
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 11-20-2004, 04:08 PM   #13  
Matboard Maniac

Has anyone found all three metallic marker Sharpies? We have silver locally, but my packaging indicates metallic gold and copper are also available (as markers).

FYI: a package of all three woodtones are available at Office Depot, though located on a display separate from the rest of the Sharpies.

Has anyone out there tried also using the Sharpie paint and poster paint products? There are so many more colors, including light ones, that might be effective on tumbled marble and window sheets if they work.
Reply With Quote Likes