Splitcoaststampers

Splitcoaststampers (https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/)
-   General Stamping Talk (https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/general-stamping-talk-17/)
-   -   Is this a copy of an SU set? (https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/general-stamping-talk-17/copy-su-set-634077/)

maslex 06-26-2020 08:30 AM

Is this a copy of an SU set?

I recently found I card that I love and asked the lady where she got the set. She said off of ********** (I've heard that they do a lot of "copies" of other brands of stamps, I'm not 100% sure) Anyhow, I'd love to get this specific set but don't really care to order off of that site. Does anyone know if there is a "real deal" set that this is a copy of? Or where I could get one very similar?  
https://cimg8.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.spl...82a45e0d8a.jpg

leibetty 06-26-2020 08:32 AM

did you have a pic to attach?

maslex 06-26-2020 08:41 AM

thats weird, I attached it. let me try again.

Goodly Creations 06-26-2020 12:12 PM

It does not look like any SU set I have or have seen. (I have a lot of flowers and have been buying since ‘97 or so.)
Hopefully someone can verify that and or direct you to the right place. 😉

CndnStamper 06-26-2020 02:26 PM

It looks like it's from Heartfelt Creations. They do beautiful flower sets.

whim6915 06-27-2020 12:38 AM

I believe it is Heartfelt Creations as well. I used to have the set. ********** does have lots of vendors who pirate images, create stamps and dies and then sell them for ridiculously low prices.

Dianne Barton 06-30-2020 08:27 AM

I never buy anything that I recognize as blantantly pirated. Recently, I have even noticed (I think it was on ebay) they weren't even trying to hide the fact that there were SU sets. Used the SU cases as illustrations.

mabespenjo 06-30-2020 08:32 AM

I believe it’s from Heartfelt Creations.

Paper Junky 06-30-2020 08:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dianne Barton
View Post

I never buy anything that I recognize as blantantly pirated. Recently, I have even noticed (I think it was on ebay) they weren't even trying to hide the fact that there were SU sets. Used the SU cases as illustrations.

Yes, I have seen this as well. It surprised me that they would actually do this.

MN_Stamper 06-30-2020 09:04 AM

Many of the pirated images are also produced in silicone and not photopolymer. That's one indication that it is not a real set from a reputable firm.

Heidi Kimmerly 06-30-2020 10:07 AM

ALiexpress

The stamp set looks like it might be a Heartfelt Creations. You might want to try them. Hope this helps.

DKB1957 06-30-2020 11:20 AM

Hi, It is very similar to the Blossoms in Bloom Bundle from Stampin Up. This is a new set in their 2020_2021 Catalogue. These sites are bad, companies are spending huge amounts of money to protect their work which they should not need to do. Hope this helps.

Jeaniejeaniem 06-30-2020 11:38 AM

They steal designs and sell them for much less than the real items. Currently ********** has sets on their website from the Stampin Up catalogue that hasn’t even been released! Shipping takes months and some products are not as pictured or described. I have never and will never order from one of these sites. I am passing on info from friends.

montessorigrandma 07-09-2020 08:35 AM

I read somewhere Ali is switching to polymer

Quote:

Originally Posted by MN_Stamper
View Post

Many of the pirated images are also produced in silicone and not photopolymer. That's one indication that it is not a real set from a reputable firm.

NicholeC 07-09-2020 11:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DKB1957
View Post

Hi, It is very similar to the Blossoms in Bloom Bundle from Stampin Up. This is a new set in their 2020_2021 Catalogue. These sites are bad, companies are spending huge amounts of money to protect their work which they should not need to do. Hope this helps.

Agreed - that's what it looks like to me.

fionna51 07-09-2020 03:24 PM

Definitely nothing like Blossoms in Bloom.

BLOSSOMS IN BLOOM BUNDLE (ENGLISH) by Stampin' Up!

fionna51 07-09-2020 03:54 PM

I went through the current Heartfelt Creations site and didn't find a match there either. There were a couple that had a slight resemblance...primarily in style, but no match.

fionna51 07-09-2020 04:11 PM

By the way, ********** is a dropshipping marketplace.. Their merchandise is a collection of "stuff" from multiple third-party manufacturers. If you have a store and want to find items to sell online in your store, you can chose items from **********, list them in your store with a markup, and have them shipped direct from ********** to your customer. They also sell those items direct to individuals. They don't make anything themselves.

mac4551 07-11-2020 07:51 AM

a lot of the copied dies from Ali Express are about 1/8 to 1/4 of an inch smaller than the company dies they pirate from, so that is how they get away with making copies. They do use the exact same card sample on their site though.. and I haven't figured out how they get away with that yet. I did purchase some last year, but with COVID I'm more careful about ordering on line stuff.

Paper Junky 07-11-2020 10:09 AM

I would have to agree with those that think it looks more like a Heartfelt Creations set.