Splitcoaststampers

Splitcoaststampers (https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/)
-   General Stamping Talk (https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/general-stamping-talk-17/)
-   -   Copics at Hobby Lobby (https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/general-stamping-talk-17/copics-hobby-lobby-394300/)

p7eggyc 10-31-2008 05:55 AM

Copics at Hobby Lobby

I did a quick search and didn't see that anybody had mentioned this at least lately. Have no idea how long I've been oblivious but stumbled onto the fact this week that Hobby Lobby now carries the Copic markers. They were in the art supplies area near the Prisma pencils in my store. I don't see any limitation on their 40% off coupon for them so I'm sure you could use them. They had maybe 12-15 different colors at my store.

Peg

toplinescrapper 10-31-2008 06:29 AM

Yes! You can use your 40% coupon. I didn't realize they carried them either. My Mom came over yesterday saying....Look what I found at HL!! Got to use my 40% off too!! LOL I think they ended up being 3.80 something.

Now my question is........ I noticed there are a bunch of different kinds. Original, Sketch, Toner, Etc. What kind do us card makers need??

Thanks! :)

Sherry

momis mama 10-31-2008 06:31 AM

Kokomo, IN hobby lobby has them too...

kitty14 10-31-2008 06:40 AM

Is Hobby Lobby a Midwest to West Coast area company?
We do not have ANY here in NJ. The only place I have ever heard of them is here on SCS.

Just wondering.:confused:

momis mama 10-31-2008 07:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kitty14 (Post 11887706)
Is Hobby Lobby a Midwest to West Coast area company?
We do not have ANY here in NJ. The only place I have ever heard of them is here on SCS.

Just wondering.:confused:

here is a link to the store locations...

http://www.hobbylobby.com/stores/stores.cfm?page=1

snowcountry311 10-31-2008 07:40 AM

webster,ny has them also

kitty14 10-31-2008 07:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by momis mama (Post 11888312)
here is a link to the store locations...

http://www.hobbylobby.com/stores/stores.cfm?page=1

Thanks so much for this!!!!!!:-D

I just checked. The closest one to me is in Liverpool, NY and it is not yet open. lol! I guess that's why I never heard of them! Hehehehe!

Cynamom 10-31-2008 07:43 AM

Good place to start your collection, but they never add new colors.

Crafts 10-31-2008 07:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by toplinescrapper (Post 11887588)
Now my question is........ I noticed there are a bunch of different kinds. Original, Sketch, Toner, Etc. What kind do us card makers need??

Sherry

Marianne's blog has some excellent info for choosing between the different types of Copic markers.

Part 1 Picking between marker types
Part 2 Original
Part 3 Sketch
Part 4 Ciao

Charlee 10-31-2008 07:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by toplinescrapper (Post 11887588)
Yes! You can use your 40% coupon. I didn't realize they carried them either. My Mom came over yesterday saying....Look what I found at HL!! Got to use my 40% off too!! LOL I think they ended up being 3.80 something.

Sherry

I use the Copic Ciao markers, they were the cheapest at the time I bought them. But all three Original, Sketch and the Ciao can be used by card makers. The Originals have 214 colors, the Sketch has 344 colors and the Ciao has 144 colors. I bought a set of 72 markers and I think I have all the colors I will ever need.

craftjunkiesc 10-31-2008 08:07 AM

HL's in Columbia, SC have them as well.

JulieHRR 10-31-2008 11:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Charlee (Post 11888492)
I use the Copic Ciao markers, they were the cheapest at the time I bought them. But all three Original, Sketch and the Ciao can be used by card makers. The Originals have 214 colors, the Sketch has 344 colors and the Ciao has 144 colors. I bought a set of 72 markers and I think I have all the colors I will ever need.

Aaaah, yeah, well, now you think that. But, criminy, every time I think so, too, I find yet another beauty I *must* have! LOL! ;) I'm OK with feeding my addiction--err, um--adding to my collection I mean . . . *chuckle*

sweetideas 10-31-2008 12:02 PM

No one around here sells them, and to start with I want to buy them in person. I've looked online but its so hard to choose, I never know what colors to buy or they don't have the colors I want in stock. Instant gratification- I need to run out and get what I need when I want it.

MikiBee 10-31-2008 01:46 PM

Our Hobby Lobby out here in Austin sells them too. They only have the Sketch markers, which is just fine with me! Ours has a LOT of colors. I'm finding I need to carry a notebook in my purse with all the colors I have (not just for Copics, but for Stickles, Primas.. you name it) so I don't buy the same one twice.

rpgkelly 10-31-2008 03:55 PM

As Michelle do, I started to write down what I have on my notebook, so I don't buy the same stuff. We have copic in GA, too.

StampinAK 10-31-2008 07:09 PM

I recently visited in the HL in Springfield, MO and they carried the Sketch markers. Their supply was very limited and I thought they were expensive. I started with the Ciao and buy online....

ebeart 11-06-2008 07:37 AM

The HL in Ocala has a lot of colors, but you're right they NEVER update them. For me it's hard to build a collection there with 40% off coupons because its so far from me. But, if I lived near it would be VERY problematic

Noel in TX 11-06-2008 07:43 AM

Sometimes they have 30% off on all makers, so I get all of them at the same time.

Jaspere 11-06-2008 07:52 AM

I am a big fan of Hobby Lobby. That's where I bought the majority of mine.