Splitcoaststampers

Splitcoaststampers (https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/)
-   General Stamping Talk (https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/general-stamping-talk-17/)
-   -   Copic Papercrafting Stamping paper (https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/general-stamping-talk-17/copic-papercrafting-stamping-paper-495353/)

addicted-to-ink 06-18-2010 07:54 PM

Copic Papercrafting Stamping paper

Hi all! I was browsing through the papers at icopic.com and I came across Copic Papercrafting Stamping paper. Has anyone here ever used it? If so, how did you find it? I'd really like to find out more about how Copic coloured images turn out on this paper, and any info would be awesome.

Thanks!

jovialjudi 06-20-2010 08:29 AM

I have a pad but I prefer Gina K Luxury 120 lb CS even to this. The copics blend so beautifully on Gina`s and there is no bleed through on single layer cards. HTH!

JBgreendawn 06-20-2010 08:36 AM

Im not sure if its the same thing, but i recently picked up a pack from Couture cardstock co. and they are calling the pack "Copic Detail Blending Paper" and its a little on the thin side to touch but, it does color over nicely no fur balls of lose paper build up. ( I used it on these PSX flowers Morning Glories Orchids) It would only work as a layer not a cardbase.

stamp_momma 06-20-2010 10:05 AM

The Copic Stamping paper is a thinner weight paper designed for Copic Markers - it is sold in a pack of loose sheets. I have been using it for a while, and I'm happy with it.

I looked for my pack to give you the weight of each sheet...but the pack itself is currently MIA. When I find it, I'll report back. :)

I use this most often for digital images as I have trouble feeding thicker cardstock through my printer. The Stamping Paper takes stamped images and the Copic ink really well. I also like that it's light and doesn't add additional weight to my cards.

Jeanne S 06-20-2010 10:40 AM

Lori, is the Copic Stamping Paper the same as the Detail Blending Paper?

stamp_momma 06-20-2010 11:42 AM

Jeanne,

No. The Copic Stamping Paper is definitely thinner than the Detail Blending Paper. :)

Jeanne S 06-20-2010 11:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by stamp_momma (Post 16887573)
Jeanne,

No. The Copic Stamping Paper is definitely thinner than the Detail Blending Paper. :)

Thanks! I thought they were two separate papers. I think people are getting confused that the Detail Blender Paper is a Copic product.

Just to be clear Detail Blender paper is made by Couture Cardstock.

Is the Copic Stamping Paper actually made by Copic?

stamp_momma 06-20-2010 11:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jeanne S (Post 16887614)
Is the Copic Stamping Paper actually made by Copic?

It's marketed and distributed by Copic. I'm not sure who the actual manufacturer is.

MSBetsyZ 06-20-2010 01:39 PM

I have a Copic "Marker Pad." Is this the same stuff, you think?

Jeanne S 06-20-2010 01:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by stamp_momma (Post 16887623)
It's marketed and distributed by Copic. I'm not sure who the actual manufacturer is.

Thanks! I just wanted to know if if was an actual Copic product. It gets confusing because everything kinda gets call "Copic" paper.

addicted-to-ink 06-20-2010 09:02 PM

Awesome! Thanks stamp_momma! Have you tried stamping on it?

Michellena317 06-21-2010 05:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MSBetsyZ (Post 16887921)
I have a Copic "Marker Pad." Is this the same stuff, you think?

The Copic Marker Pad is different from the Copic Stamping Paper. The Marker pad is a thinner paper that doesn't bleed through. The stamping paper is a thin cardstock that blends well but is a bit "gray" on the white scale and would need to be layered on cards.

stamp_momma 06-21-2010 09:50 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Michelle is right, the Copic Stamping Paper is nothing like the Marker Pads.

The Copic Stamping Paper is 60# and just a touch off of bright white.

I've attached a picture of a card I made last week with the Stamping Paper. This is a digital image printed on the paper. The white flower is Prima and the patterned paper has a white (not cream) base, for reference.

stampencamper 06-21-2010 02:35 PM

I have the copic bleedproof marker pad, produced by favini. It is also much thinner, and
has to be layered on cardstock. I think these type of papers were meant to be used by drawing artist that use markers for coloring. I much prefer Gina K cardstock, it stamps the best/clearest inked image and doesn't bleed.

stamp_momma 06-21-2010 03:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by stampencamper (Post 16892660)
I have the copic bleedproof marker pad, produced by favini. It is also much thinner, and
has to be layered on cardstock. I think these type of papers were meant to be used by drawing artist that use markers for coloring. I much prefer Gina K cardstock, it stamps the best/clearest inked image and doesn't bleed.

Yes, but the Stamping Paper is different from the Marker Pad that you are describing.

From the Stamping Illustration Paper label:
  • Ideal for coloring, stamping and layering with your favorite card stocks.
  • Smooth surface for better blending.
  • Colors stay bright.
  • Uses less ink.
  • Excellent for stamping, papercrafting, pen, ink and markers.

stampencamper 06-22-2010 09:53 AM

good to know

Quote:

Originally Posted by stamp_momma (Post 16892891)
Yes, but the Stamping Paper is different from the Marker Pad that you are describing.

From the Stamping Illustration Paper label:
  • Ideal for coloring, stamping and layering with your favorite card stocks.
  • Smooth surface for better blending.
  • Colors stay bright.
  • Uses less ink.
  • Excellent for stamping, papercrafting, pen, ink and markers.

Gina K. Designs 06-22-2010 10:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by stampencamper (Post 16892660)

Thanks Carolyn! :)