Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Splitcoaststampers's privacy policy

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Old 06-06-2008, 12:03 PM   #1  
Mad Swapper

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Who's on Craft Overload?

Me, me, me!!!
I love my hobbies and I love finding inspirations everywhere but right now, at this point, there's just TOO much goodness! I want to do the SCS challenges, I want to do card sketches, I want to do color inspirations, I want to do scrapbook challenges and sketches, I want to do digital ones too. I want this stamp, that stamp, this paper, that tool because I see so many samples on how to create awesome stuff with them.

ARGH!!!

I think I need to step down and re-evaluate my time and what's out there. Delete everything in my rss reader and start from scratch. What do you think? Anybody else feeling what I'm feeling?

Happy Friday!!!

Happily designing for WPlus9 and CSS stamps, Waltzingmouse sketch, Scarlet Lime kit club, and the Digichick Card Caravan
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-06-2008, 12:13 PM   #2  
Die Cut Diva

Yep, I can totally relate. While SCS is great for getting ideas and learning new stuff, I think it also keeps me sidetracked. I could lose a whole day just looking at blogs. If I spent as much time making cards as I do reading blogs and SCS I could send everyone a card. Too many ideas and I don't know which one to start with. Not to mention I tend to go for the simple style, so why I bother looking at all the beautiful, complicated, time consuming type cards I will never know.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-06-2008, 12:30 PM   #3  
Inking Addict

I've definitely been there, especially when I try to jump on SCS just for a minute to get an idea or two and before I know it it's an hour later. I think sometimes you have to schedule your creative time, just like you would your work time.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-06-2008, 12:32 PM   #4  
Stazon Splitcoast

I'm SO there. I want to BUY everything!!!!!!!

View my BLOG
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-06-2008, 12:39 PM   #5  
Gallery Gazer

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

If you could see the room that I'm sitting in, check that, you might not be able to find me, it's so full of things for crafts (including stamping) that I want to do, that it's ridiculous. And this isn't even the room that I stamp in! I have paper folders full of projects and files stored on the computer and I think that if I live to be 100 I would never be able to do them all.

So I have begun to set goals and limits. I haven't really participated in the challenges here on SCS but my SU group has begun a weekly color challenge so I've decided to do that one. I've been trying to work the cards that I need for upcoming occasions around those challenges. I also have stopped (temporarily) visiting $stores, craft stores, and buying craft magazines. Instead I'm trying to "use up" what I've got for gifts.

I still come here daily and check out the forums and the gallery, but I set the display to 96 pics and limit myself to a certain number of pages that I will look at. And, I'm also trying to post a couple of comments everyday (and I'd do more of that if my computer weren't so darn slow!). I started a blog not too long ago and I have to budget my time there too.

Since I made those choices I do feel that I'm accomplishing more. (Now if I could do the same thing about my weight I would be golden - but we won't talk about that now.)

So, yes, I can relate - but don't get rid of everything and start from scratch -set a goal and move on from there, then hopefully (as I do hope for myself) you'll be able to find the right rhythm of things.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-06-2008, 01:01 PM   #6  
Die Cut Diva

Send a message via Skype™ to mrs_hawkins

This is exactly why I just pulled all of my stained glass supplies out to sell. I haven't used them in over a year because I'm either stamping or sewing.
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-06-2008, 04:52 PM   #7  
Polyshrink Goddess

I have supplies for stamping, scrapbooking, quilting, general sewing, crocheting, and who knows what else. I've been undergoing a major organization project in my stamping room the last few weeks and I have hauled stuff out to the garbage, sold stuff, and have stuff set aside for a garage sale. It is wonderful to be able to not only walk through my craft room without tripping but also to find stuff within a few seconds rather than minutes upon minutes or never!! Now I have to start on the sewing room!!

Craft overload - yes, yes, yes....

rita
Reply With Quote Likes
Old 06-06-2008, 05:32 PM   #8  
Polyshrink Goddess

Amen sisters your preaching to the choir LOL.

Hugs
Jaunice Minor
Reply With Quote Likes