Splitcoaststampers

Splitcoaststampers (https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/)
-   General Stamping Talk (https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/general-stamping-talk-17/)
-   -   Cool texture!!! Is this new? (https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/general-stamping-talk-17/cool-texture-new-173383/)

GarnetJ 08-10-2006 09:32 PM

Cool texture!!! Is this new?

I have not seen this before, so it looks really new and really cool and I "need" to get it.... etc. The texture templates are plastic. You put them under your stamped image and then you color the image with pencils or chalk.
Monthly Stamp Club/Creative Mode

Question is this texture template a new idea?... or am I just way behind the times.

Mahloumel 08-10-2006 09:43 PM

I don't mean to be the bearer of old news, but rubbings are pretty old school. :) I will have to give this a try with my Fiskars texture embossing plates, though!

Doodah 08-10-2006 09:45 PM

GarnetJ;
This is not new I bought these oh, I would say about 5 years ago at a stamp convention in California, It's really cool. The ones I bought look much bigger you could actually do the whole card. I'll pull them out and see who made them!!!

GarnetJ 08-10-2006 10:11 PM

Hi Mel... I thought of that too. It seems my grandson has something for using with color crayons.

Mahloumel 08-10-2006 10:16 PM

Thanks for the tip; I may have to start skulking in the toy section a little more!

HeatherHolbrook 08-11-2006 06:48 AM

A friend of mine got these from Fiskars and I played w/ them, they are super cool! I've thought about getting them too:)

MSBetsyZ 08-11-2006 09:40 AM

Another really cool use for these is to lay a strip of polymer clay on a sheet and run it through the pasta maker. Makes a beautiful impression on the clay!

gmcbunny 08-11-2006 09:47 AM

I'm going to have to try this my texture plates have been gathering dust for a couple years now - Thanks for sharing

kristransue 08-11-2006 09:48 AM

do you have to color with pencils, or can you just kinda add that texture to your paper without "coloring" like embossing . . .

nvscrapmom 08-11-2006 10:59 AM

I used to have a toy like this when I was little. It was called Fashion Plates, and you could design the outfits, and then add the texture to them.

gmcbunny 08-11-2006 12:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nvscrapmom
I used to have a toy like this when I was little. It was called Fashion Plates, and you could design the outfits, and then add the texture to them.

I remember those - never even thought of that - I bet my mom still has them in her attic

cincystamper 08-11-2006 12:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nvscrapmom

I had one of those! My brother had one like it, but it was for cars. And oddly enough, we had a third one that we shared that created monsters... Fun fun fun!

Mahloumel 08-11-2006 12:51 PM

I think my sister had one of those, or maybe one of our cousins! i wasn't allowed to play with it. It was a boring toy anyways for someone eight years younger than the target demographic. :)

when y'all make your cards using these texture plates, post a link here! I'd love to ooh and ahhhh over your great creations.