Splitcoaststampers

Splitcoaststampers (https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/)
-   General Stamping Talk (https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/general-stamping-talk-17/)
-   -   Cool Cat - I don't get it ... (https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/general-stamping-talk-17/cool-cat-i-dont-get-28794/)

TJStamper 02-10-2005 07:26 PM

Cool Cat - I don't get it ...

Am I the only one who isn't thrilled with the Cool Cat set? I think I may be an oddball because everybody seems so excited about it and I just don't get it. The little cat kind of creeps me out - but then again most cats do!! ha ha...

I hope I haven't "missed the boat" on this one so to speak. Are there any other favorites from the Spring Mini OTHER than Cool Cat?

Please tell me I'm not the only one not in love with the Cat!!

raduse 02-10-2005 07:32 PM

Ok, you're not the only one that doesn't like the cat. My DH and I don't get it either.

stampysister 02-10-2005 07:35 PM

Not really my favorite either. I don't really like much of any of the retro stuff, but then that is why Stampin Up is great. It offers a huge variety of different styles. I don't understand all of the sweaters and socks hanging on laundry lines and stuff like that either.

JennFerrer 02-10-2005 07:41 PM

I kind of get it....I love Siamese cats and had one growing up, but do not feel the need to get it. I have seen some lovely ideas with it on site here, but would probably borrow it from someone else!

Jenn

renadasmom 02-10-2005 07:42 PM

cool cat

I don't know why I like it so much- i'm not usually into the whole cat thing- and I don't like cats. My DH totally doesn't like it- it's funny- some sets and samples that I see I just do not like- but some of my customers go nuts over them!!

gamblemom 02-10-2005 07:45 PM

Actually I never would buy this set, but I think the samples on here are really cute.

I also didn't care for the sweaters and mittens and socks either, but again, there were some really creative samples for those too.

I try to stick with sets I know I will get some use out of, not so trendy.

TJStamper 02-10-2005 07:55 PM

Thanks goodness! Glad to hear I'm not the only one. I do love how SU is so diverse with stamp sets. It does always surprise me which ones turn out to be so popular.

You know I didn't like those Paint Prints either from SAB until I got the set... now I love it and see what all the fuss was about. That's why I was afraid I was missing out somehow with the Cat!

GavynnsMom 02-10-2005 08:00 PM

I HATE cats but I really like this set. I'm really into the retro looking stuff and I just think this cat has that look to it. I agree that even if you don't like this set, SU! caters to so many different styles that you are bound to like something else. :lol:

Joy

row4d 02-10-2005 08:00 PM

You are by no means the only one! The only set I like from the Spring Mini samples posted so far is the fruit one (Fresh Fruit?).

hsmom71 02-10-2005 08:34 PM

I think of Laverne and Shirley. Remember Boo Boo Kitty! YIKES!

My dd loves it and loves all the cards she has seen with it. So I'll probably get it for her. I'd love a stamp of a really pretty Persian or something.

amileary 02-10-2005 09:02 PM

Wasn't there a part in the beginning credits of I Dream of Jeannie where she turned into a cartoon cat? That's what I think of whenever I see Cool Cat. Did I just dream that?

miss missy 02-10-2005 09:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by amileary
Wasn't there a part in the beginning credits of I Dream of Jeannie where she turned into a cartoon cat? That's what I think of whenever I see Cool Cat. Did I just dream that?

If you dreamed it I did to, I always think of I dream of Jeannie too and no one else knew what i was talking about...I like the set though and I do plan to get it, i am not a cat person at all but it is just cute and it is retro looking, i like it

kellywilliamsj 02-10-2005 09:11 PM

Normally I am not an animal kind of girl......and cats would be my least favorite.....but I LOVE this set. It called to me.....and so I had to pre=order it. I think there was something "retro-girly" about it....I still have not figured it out, but I can't wait to cut it out and stamp away!

Perhaps I do have a soft spot for animals after all!

Kelly

Sencie 02-10-2005 09:40 PM

Quote:

I think of Laverne and Shirley. Remember Boo Boo Kitty! YIKES!
That's exactly what I thought of when I saw it... Boo boo kitty. Okay... I also had one of those Boo boo kitties when I was little... before Laverne and Shirley was a series. Oops... guess I'm dating myself! :D

Sencie

debbiedesigns 02-10-2005 09:51 PM

I'm not the least bit fond of it either. . . but I saw *smashing* cards by LisaLisa and Michelle Wooderson that I loved in spite of not being a retro/cat fan. :lol:

kreativekrissi 02-10-2005 10:08 PM

I do not like cats at all, but I just got this set today and love it!!! I have 3 girls and they think it is the cutest ever. I think it is a girly thing!!!! There are alot of cat lovers out there and not many SU sets with cats!!! It so reminds me of I Dream of Jeannie!! Takes me back to my childhood!! I also got Fresh Fruit which is awesome!!!

InkyPinkys 02-10-2005 10:15 PM

For some odd reason, cool cat reminds me of a (very) old hair spray logo ... Clairol, I think :roll: , in a not-too-attractively packaged pink/purple container?

Cool cat is on my list of gotta haves, despite the strange memory association - too much fun for the retro look!

meaprincess 02-10-2005 10:22 PM

I have it on my list. I love all the cards in the gallery and that's what really made me decide to get it. I have a pair a pj's with the exact cat all over the pants.

maryp 02-10-2005 11:05 PM

post subject

I do not care for that set either. It did not speak to me, except to kind of
creep me out. That's not to say I don't like some of the samples in the
gallery...there are some pretty nice ones, but it is not a set I would ever
consider buying. Truthfully, there is very little in the spring mini catalog
that I can get excited about. I sure didn't expect that to be the case as
I was anxiously waiting for mine to arrive. :roll: :roll:

Happy Heart 02-11-2005 01:48 AM

I, too, can't see what all the fuss is about. I don't care for it at all, and I LOVE cats! I think sets like this one and Bundle Up are very limiting. The samples I've seen all look pretty much the same...but in different colors. :?
I don't care for anything that screams "50's".... I lived through those years, and I'm glad they're gone! It was a terribly repressed, "Leave it to Beaver" and "Father Knows Best" era.

Kar 02-11-2005 02:09 AM

I don't like that cat at all either... I do love the sets with the fine detail to them, but only preorderd Drawing on Nature and Forest Friends... will preorder the alphabits and the punches on the 26th when hubby gets paid ;)

McStamper 02-11-2005 03:14 AM

I thought something was wrong with me because I just don't like this set and from all I had seen I thought everyone loved it. I think if someone gave it to me as a gift I would throw the cat away. Gives me the creeps.

witty5 02-11-2005 03:45 AM

Your not alone in your little secret! The samples in the gallery are 'way-cool'!! However, this set just doesn't tickle my fancy & can't see myself using it so won't be buying it.

......I honestly shouldn't say NEVER though, because I felt this same way about IFB!

stampingcaz 02-11-2005 03:56 AM

Its funny how we are all so different, I love this set, I was disappointed in most of the others in the spring mini, but hey, thats why SU! have such a diverse range of stamps to cater for all tastes.

As for "Boo Boo" and all that, you guys always loose me somewhere with something LOL Obviously something from the US?! And another thing.... changing the subject but I have always wanted to know since the main catalogue came out what is "floral moo moo"? I dont get that!!

Caz

amileary 02-11-2005 04:01 AM

"As for "Boo Boo" and all that, you guys always loose me somewhere with something LOL Obviously something from the US?! And another thing.... changing the subject but I have always wanted to know since the main catalogue came out what is "floral moo moo"? I dont get that!!"

lol Caz, that's too funny. As a prior Hawaii resident, I can confirm for you that a "muumuu" is the long floral print dresses the wahine (women) wear in Hawaii. They have a reputation as being kind of an "old lady shapeless housecoat" type of thing, but some of them are actually very fitted and beautiful!

Bagpuss 02-11-2005 04:10 AM

I LOVE cats! I LOVE retro! Therefore I LOVE Cool Cat!!!!! Sooooo much nicer than the cat set in the main catalogue.

PS I had to seek foreign advice over the floral moo moo, too! :roll: And lots of your word stamps "you're one in a melon" etc, just don't work with an English accent!

caspen1973 02-11-2005 04:53 AM

I think the kitty is cute, and like the presents in the set, but I won't buy a set unless I know I will have lots of uses for it and so would my customers. It took me over a year to finally go for On The Farm (which I actually took as free product). So, although it is cute, I don't get it either.

nancystamps 02-11-2005 05:06 AM

TJ Stamper wrote:
Quote:

Am I the only one who isn't thrilled with the Cool Cat set? I think I may be an oddball because everybody seems so excited about it and I just don't get it. The little cat kind of creeps me out - but then again most cats do!! ha ha...
It creeps me out too! I keep hearing those cats singing in Lady and the Tramp - kind of sinister! I actually got another kitty stamp from ACMoore, it's called Cool Cat as well and its by Paper Candy. Cuter, not creepy. And they also had a phrase stamp "you are the hippest of cats" My DD likes cats, but I do not share her passion.

nancystamps 02-11-2005 05:07 AM

TJ Stamper wrote:
Quote:

It creeps me out too! I keep hearing those cats singing in Lady and the Tramp - kind of sinister! I actually got another kitty stamp from ACMoore, it's called Cool Cat as well and its by Paper Candy. Cuter, not creepy. And they also had a phrase stamp "you are the hippest of cats" My DD likes cats, but I do not share her passion.

MICHELLE WOODERSON 02-11-2005 05:10 AM

:o :o :shock: Girls, girls, how can you say you don't little Princess? She's adorable, retro and oh so cool. She's hissing at you all right now. :wink:

stampamie 02-11-2005 05:18 AM

"We are siamese if you please!
We are siamese if you don't please!
We are former residents of Siam!
There are no finer cat than we am!!!

OOOps!!! :shock: :shock: :shock:
Where did that pop out from!!!!

I LOVED the siamese from Lady and the Tramp!!!

Amie - meow!

Awww, geeeez, now I'll have that song stuck in my head allllll the dingdang day!!!

nancystamps 02-11-2005 05:21 AM

Oh, Ladies, sorry about my double post. I got too impatient and hit SUBMIT twice. . . . And I do love Pretty Princess, but I have lots of little girls to make them for. And I agree, the layouts using cool cat have been great, I just don't like the creepy cat!

amykae 02-11-2005 05:22 AM

I was in Barnes and Noble two nights ago and saw almost the eact same cat on a line of journals. Apparently, the whole audrey hepburn-era kitties and purses and patterns are really hot. The kitty doesn't do much for me, but I do like all the 50s/60s-inspired polka dot and geometric patterns out there and the crazy color combos.

This all happened before I was born, so I don't have any of the same negative flashbacks to my childhood. Now, start talking 70s and 80s and that's another story....

Happy Heart 02-11-2005 05:46 AM

Quote:

PS I had to seek foreign advice over the floral moo moo, too! And lots of your word stamps "you're one in a melon" etc, just don't work with an English accent!
"You're one in a melon" is a stretch even with an American accent! :lol:
A "mumu" is a loose fitting, floral print Hawaiian dress.

woodmarc 02-11-2005 06:08 AM

Princess Kitty Kat does not excite me in the least. I am OK with cats and have had several but it does not TICKLE MY FANCY. Right now my English Setter is more a friend than any cat I ever had :D (Sorry for getting off the subject) I am not thrilled with the retro stuff either, nor the sweater,mittens etc. Those are probably good for the scrappers.
So Princess is giving me a BIG HISS :P :P :P
Marcie

camsmom 02-11-2005 06:40 AM

I do not like cats at all (I got it from my dog) and at 1st thought there was NO WAY I would ever order thet set. BUT NOW there are so many cute samples, and especially with the mathcing wheel I think it is adoprable! YIKES! :shock:

bacline2 02-11-2005 06:59 AM

I LOVE cats BUT this set really isn't doing it for me either! :(

Bobbie

Michelle Laycock 02-11-2005 07:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by amileary

YES! I totally agree. I LOVE cats but I haven't been into retro that much until now... This set changed my mind about retro. It so totally reminds me of I dream of Jeannie! Fun!

hookandstamp 02-11-2005 07:58 AM

Oh, I Loooooooooooooooooove this set! Just think, sparkly collars and flocking and retro patterns. YUM!

And, add it to It's a Girl Thing or Paris in the Spring with the perfume bottle and packages. FUN!

nipmats 02-11-2005 08:12 AM

I L-O-V-E this set! I have seen that cat everywhere! Target has a card with that cat with a purr-fume bottle that says oh-la-la that I want to CASE and my daughter recently bought some panties at the mall from MUDD that have that cat! I think the cat is hip and now and fun! M-e-ow! 8)