Splitcoaststampers

Splitcoaststampers (https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/)
-   General Stamping Talk (https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/general-stamping-talk-17/)
-   -   Convention Gotta Haves!! (https://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/general-stamping-talk-17/convention-gotta-haves-273900/)

pe-gal 07-31-2007 05:08 PM

Convention Gotta Haves!!

Hi Everyone! Please make a list for those of us who can't go a list of what you saw that you now just GOTTA HAVE!! (stamp sets, accessories, whatever). We just gotta know!! Susan Mezias:mrgreen:

stampingwithroxy 07-31-2007 06:12 PM

subscribing :)

darnly 07-31-2007 07:45 PM

Cropodile, Build a Flower, Build a Brad, More Designer Papers, Fabulous Flowers and the list goes on. This is such an awesome catalog!!!!! And ALLLLLLLLLL the new punches. It is unreal what can be done with them and the time they save. And there are still two more days of CONVENTION 2007!!
Darnlyl

Ink it up! 07-31-2007 07:47 PM

Subscribing too!

dcnm 07-31-2007 08:17 PM

Punches

You've gotta get the 5 petal bunch and the scallop punch!! 5 Petal goes perfectly with the Build a Flower! Also, the pretties are SO MUCH FUN!

shannacourt 08-01-2007 04:26 AM

Punches! Punches!

Paula Hogan demo'd some super cool things with punches, so aside from my LONG list of must have sets, I need to purchase a few punches!

Amazing on how many sets you can use the punches with!

rachelscloset 08-01-2007 04:32 AM

I agree - 5 petal punch! My must have is the pricey Define Your Life on page 159. It was demo'd a lot and I really liked it.

Loreemezz 08-01-2007 07:24 AM

I was amazed at how cute the punches go with so many sets, NOT just the florals with a scallop or flower punch. The scallop and petal are MUST HAVES. Make a punch template and then lay it on top of the images in the catalog. You will get your customers buying every punch in no time!!
Loree

maggiestamps 08-01-2007 10:53 AM

I don't see anything called "Build a Flower" in the catalog! What's that?

j_hurdsman 08-01-2007 10:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by maggiestamps (Post 6709528)
I don't see anything called "Build a Flower" in the catalog! What's that?

Look in the Accents & Elements Section in the Accessories Section

ssummerer 08-01-2007 11:15 AM

Crop-a-dile, Build a brad, Pretties Kit, Punch Pals stamps set, Designer paper to make Shelli's lanterns.

Also, if I didn't have it already new classy brass templates, new punches (scallop circle, 5-petal, star) and the list goes on...

jnovello 08-01-2007 07:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Loreemezz (Post 6707361)
I was amazed at how cute the punches go with so many sets, NOT just the florals with a scallop or flower punch. The scallop and petal are MUST HAVES. Make a punch template and then lay it on top of the images in the catalog. You will get your customers buying every punch in no time!!
Loree

A TERRIFIC idea!

ssummerer 08-02-2007 12:07 PM

1 Attachment(s)
This was probably unintentional on Stampin' Up's part, but I had to have the retired set "A Happy Hi" after seeing this sample on the display boards. I just picked the set up on ebay since I didn't see anyone trading it here.

stampingwithroxy 08-02-2007 12:10 PM

Is there any difference between the pink crop-0-dile and our SU black one? Love hearing about "gotta haves"...I'm making ANOTHER wish list now !!! :)

Thanks
Corinne

Squeakercat 08-02-2007 12:17 PM

I'm subscribing, but I'm gonna need a second job! :mrgreen:

tygerpaws11 08-02-2007 01:30 PM

Other than the crop-a-dile, which was ALREADY on my list, I *had* to have the glassy glaze enamel embossing powder, the classy brass template for Priceless (no idea how I missed it - LOVE this set!!!), taffeta ribbon, & jumbo eyelets. Oh yeah, did I mention ALL of that is sitting on my doorstep RIGHT NOW waiting for me to get off work!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Hee hee... sorry to rub it in. ;)
But most of all - the NEW Demonstrator Business Website!!! It's AWESOME!!!!

sprtchick 08-02-2007 01:32 PM

no difference in Cropadiles..all made by same company from what I can tell.

jill031070 08-02-2007 07:54 PM

All the punches,punch pals, crop-o-dile, pretties kit. jumbo outline alpha and the fundamental phrases (they fit inside the outline alpha letters) cutie pie paper, and CHIPBOARD. it's on EVERYTHING ....plus a million other items-- this convention is a definite enabler!

jill031070 08-02-2007 08:20 PM

I forgot to mention the gift notes! way fun!

newstampinaddict 08-03-2007 05:52 AM

Fabulous Flowers
Chipboard (so many letters)
Designer Paper (all of them)
Satin Ribbon
Tafetta Ribbon
Pretties Kit
Fundamental Phrases
Jumbo Outline Alpha
all the Textured Cardstock
Cropadile
Accents and Elements
Double stiched Ribbon

peggidy 08-03-2007 05:54 AM

I was just going to start a thread on this but I'm glad someone beat me to it!

My 'wishlist order' in OEX is about $400 so far, but I know I'm going to have to pare it down (unless I win the lottery or something!!). Some of the things that I know will be staying on the order: Ginormous pieces, The big snowflake, Season of Joy and all of the chipboard from the mini, the new punches (star, scallop, corner rounder, 1" circle), and the Pretties kit (which I never thought I'd want since I have boys and for the most part, flowers are a no-no), and jumbo eyelets.

I'd also LOVE the build-a-brad whenever they get it fixed.

There are too many other things to list that I'm on the fence about.

TOO MANY good ideas!!

Stampin'_Geer 08-04-2007 09:56 AM

Punch Pals and Define your life!!! Defining alphabet too.....Pretties kit (!!!!!), crop a dile, chipboard....LOTS of punches....<sigh>

What DON'T I want? Shorter list!!

StampinMelis 08-04-2007 10:04 AM

Oooh! Oooh!

Define Your Life
Defining Alpha
Outline Alpha
Fundamental Phrases
Star punch
5-petal punch
Lowercase monograms (dangit!)

I already have all the rest. LOL Maybe I will actually USE my Pretties now, instead of hoarding them!

amyz2988 08-04-2007 03:47 PM

I agree with what everyone's posted! Here's my list:

Pretties kit
outline alpha
build a brad
jumbo eyelets
define your life
more designer series paper
more ribbons
ginormous flowers
labelicious

us263083 08-04-2007 08:58 PM

I've been seeing lots of samples with a giant scalloped edge...like lots of half circles in a row. One said it was created with a corner punch...doesn't make sense to me. Is this done with a punch? Scissor? Appreciate any help...
Sara

StampinMelis 08-04-2007 09:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by us263083 (Post 6747552)
I've been seeing lots of samples with a giant scalloped edge...like lots of half circles in a row. One said it was created with a corner punch...doesn't make sense to me. Is this done with a punch? Scissor? Appreciate any help...
Sara

I've done it with the slit punch, but we did it at convention with the corner rounder. Take off the corner piece and use it straight in on your paper. Move it down the paper and punch to make a scalloped edge.

stampcrave 08-05-2007 04:35 PM

That Crop-a-dile is just it! I try to stay away from non-SU products so it's new to me! Ordered it and the Chipboard they demo'd. I also use alot of the glitter glue but our Dazzling diamonds glitter is just the best. It beats all the other brands IMO!!

us263083 08-06-2007 11:58 AM

Melissa--Thanks so much for the quick response. I'll attack my corner rounder and see if I can take it apart. Sara

Quote:
Originally Posted by us263083
Sara

I've done it with the slit punch, but we did it at convention with the corner rounder. Take off the corner piece and use it straight in on your paper. Move it down the paper and punch to make a scalloped edge.

klight 08-07-2007 05:33 AM

Before convention I looked at the Crop-A-Dile and said "finally something I don't need to buy and don't want." Well, needless to say I ordered it AT convention. Also, the Pretties Kit...same story. Ahhh, they are killing me!